September 19, 2014 | 1901 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo works its magic rather quickly - within a few days, the amount of dandruff I had had reduced. I continued to use this faithfully everyday, and now with about 1/4 of the bottle left to go, I'm glad to say that my dandruff is gone!!! I found it's scent pretty funky, but I got used to it pretty quickly. It lathers really well too, which I really like (unlike the Rainforest series). I usually pair this with a conditioner to make sure my hair doesn't dry out.

I will use up whatever's left of this and the Rainforest shampoo to see which is better... But if I had to choose I'll definitely re-purchase this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by saintkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for my boyfriend as the only one that worked was neutrogena and that is a bit expensive. This did not work in reducing his dandruff or reducing itchiness at all. I am using it now because there is no point in him using it. I find it is a nice gentle shampoo, with a nice scent, makes my hair feel clean but it does not reduce itchiness for me. Good as a general shampoo, but not for dandruff.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by MalsHt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product doesn't work at all :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by chrisssie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this product after reading the reviews on MUA. I've used this product for on and off for about 6months. It doesn't do anything to resolve my dandruff or relieve the itch. Will not buy again, waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was not really much help for my sensitive scalp. It felt like a normal shampoo and it did not relieve my scalp's itchiness, in fact, it felt itchier after using it a few times.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by leo8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff literally took care of my bf's dandruff within 2 days. He's tried T-Gel, Head and Shoulders and a few others. Nothing even helped. I was very surprised that dandruff was almost completely gone so quickly. To top it off it smells great! Not like most dandruff treatments that have that awful charcoal/medicated smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by vaingal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is no better tgan Head and Shoulders. My scalp was itchier than before. It makes my hair a tad dry but soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by emmahlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's fair to say this shampoo is a miracle.
After all the years I've been searching for a shampoo (and all the money wasted) I feel like I may just have found my holy grail shampoo.
Recently I've been using the Liz Earle shampoo, and although natural, and really nourishing it didn't have any ability to get rid of dandruff which bugged me as my new soft hair was tainted by those evil white flakes.
I found a review on this and decided next time I was passing a Body Shop I would pop in and buy it, between the small bottle and this I chose the bigger one as it was only 6.50 (not too expensive compared to some high end shampoos, and worth it as you only need a blob about the size of a 10p coin. Since using this my hair has been soft, shiny and flake-free.

Fingers crossed that as long as I have this shampoo that doesn't change. Will be buying this for as long as I can.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by fechenwiesen

I have purchased this for my husband for the last few years. He had moderate dandruff and this really keeps it under control without irritating his scalp. He has short hair he washes daily and a large bottle lasts several months. I hope they never discontinue this. He has tried several other shampoos from the pharmacy as well as very expensive brands, but he always comes back to this. The scent is pretty strong ( ginger) but fades as his hair dries.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by priyankasukhija

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for my husband reading really good reviews. He has a big problem with Dandruff and its not really solved, can not even say its better. I may only buy it that may be its less harsh but definitely its not the one to cure dandruff. i would try the home remedy of applying coconut oil with lemon and use any other shampoo for it.