October 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Foundation #3

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by cived

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You know, I want to like this stuff. I wore Aromaleigh for the longest time; then they shut down. So after using liquid makeup for a while (it was fine, but sticky), I decided to try Bare Minerals, as I never had.

It's heavy! It settles into my lines, gets all jacked up when my skin is oily and flakes off in places.

I miss you, Aromaleigh. I look forward to when your new management gets going on the foundations again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My most favorite brand other than Clinique. I got numerous brushes for this, bcause putting it on can be quite messy by hand and fingers. I have a number of these in a few shades. I love expensive makeup like this. It makes me face look natural like I'm not wearing makeup at all, its like wedding makup

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by emeliablack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i purchsed this product simply because it says it gives great coverage and the fact it wont damage skin, clog pause, wont cause spots, its all natural, for sensitive skin because its all natural and has no horrible stuff in it.
So i brought this is fairly light, 8g, £23. I thought it did give a good coverage and left my skin soft, but the colour was quite pale for me so i had to purches the bronzer. ( my friends even noticed i looked rather pale.) i did try the shae up which was medium and it was tooo dark for a natural look.
Overall i think this product is a bit steep but i like it so far!:)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Joanna95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the original formula. Two words: Hate it. I bought this with high expectations, but I'm really disapointed. When I first put it on it looked GREAT! My skin looked sooo fresh, luminous and flawless, but after 10 minutes the glitter(yes there's loads of glitter in it) sunk into my pores and my skin looked so ugly. And it doesnt last long on oily skin either. Will NOT buy this again at all. But I would like to try the matte formulation though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Gheorgheni

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used Bare Minerals for over three years now, and i still love the product. The Mineral Veil is fantastic for removing shine, and the foundations truly do cover imperfections. While the brushes are not of the best quality, the new snap and lock packaging is perfect, especially when you are travelling with your makeup. The Foundation truly matches the skin, and there is many a time i have walked out of the door with just Bare Minerals foundation on. I sweat quite easily, and the foundation does not come off at all! It is truly a wonder foundation! Furthermore, it lasts throughout the day. It you are looking for something simple, minimalistic and beneficial for the skin, Bare MInerals is the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Denniska

I was looking for some good foundation for my combination skin (oily T zone and dry flaky cheeks) for quite a while now, and after no luck with liquid foundations, I decided to give minerals a try.
First I didn't like it that much because although it was perfect on the oily parts of my skin, I still had flaky dry cheeks. But then I came across Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and it totally changed the way makeup looks on my skin, after using the microfoliant, I use my moisturiser and then this foundation and my skin is flawless and the makeup looks sooo natural... love the Dermalogica Microfoliant, buy it! :)
So now I have this foundation in MEDIUM and I bought the matte version in light as well and what I do every morning is I mix 2 parts of medium with one part light matte and this works wonders on my face, not too glowy, not too matte, just perfect. I'm amazed how much coverage it gives me, hides red cheeks instantly and using a small firm brush locally on blemishes, it makes them totally disappear. Btw I have the Well rested concealer as well and LOVE IT, would recommend to anybody.

Some people say this foundation doesn't provide enough cover, but it's because they use the wrong brush!! BEST BRUSH TO USE WITH THIS FOUNDATION is definetly the BIONIC FLAT TOP BUFFER BRUSH from Coastal Scents, it's sooo soft, literally like feathers on your skin, no hair fall out al all - and I washed it many many times already, and because it's flat, it helps to provide perfect coverage, you'll love it! You can buy it here, they deliver worldwide http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/2161_37/bionic-flat-top-buffer-brush.cfm
So I hope my review helped you, thank you Bare Escentuals, thak you Dermalogica Microfoliant and thank you Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer brush for making my face look sooooo good :))))

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ellieloveshellokitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i switched from my liquid foundation to bare minerals & i love it! my liquid made me break out for the first time in my life. i had SO many clogged pores & acne. i got a complete facial and took all those suckers out & started using BE after my skin cleared. i love it! my face hasn't breaken out or anything & it gives me the perfect amount of coverage without looking caky or fake. idk why i was using liquid... now that i look back my face looked very fake & plastic-y. never going back to liquid& staying with mineral powder. the mineral veil; is peeeeerfectt! all i need is mineral veil, a little bronzer & blush, mascara, & my face is goood to go! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by laurend6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is my best friend! I've used it for 3 years now, and it covers any pimple and all my acne scars. It doesn't cake up and usually doesn't budge off my face.. even when I sweat. I love love love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love BE so very much. This is a line that does what it says it will do. The makeup not only feels light, natural but also covers up all the sins. I personally love the sunscreen and know that it works also. I live in Florida and I am outside a lot. Its easy to use and you can build the coverage as you go. It also has very good staying power, does not melt off in the heat.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by teendian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok so I got the bareminerals orignial foundation at Ulta in fair. It matched my skin wonderfully and I was loving the coverage. I used a liquid foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and the bare minerals over it. It made my skin look flawless. I have never seen a foundation powder cover so beautifully! By day 3 I noticed small skin colored bumps on my cheeks and jaw line which I have never had before. I was like, "Screw this. This foundation is amazing. I'm going to keep using it!" So I did. Three weeks went on and I noticed that the bumps got bigger and more appeared on my face. My face also started to get itchy which was from the bismuth in the product. So I stopped using it.

However, it was a great overall product to hide redness/acne. But it's too bad that it broke me out. :(