October 25, 2014 | 876 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by vannii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! The best concealer I've ever used! It covers redness and dark circled perfectly. The only reason I cannot give this five stars, is because of the pump. It pumps out too much product, which makes it run out really fast. At first I though it was cheap, because I had expected it to be a lot more expensive since it is a MAC product. But because it pumps out way too much product, it actually ends up being pretty expensive in the end. I'd still buy it though because I love the finish and the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by fairynah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This concealer is AMAZING and I'm in love with it! I had pretty dark circles and you'll just need a small amount to cover up. It also helps to brighten up the underye area so that your eyes won't have the tired look.. It's a bit pricey but definitely worth it.. I got it in NW 35 and it's the perfect shade for me.. Need to use an eyecream if not it'll turn out very dry.. But it shouldn't be a problem as you can mix a lil bit with your moisturizer. I agreed with others that this product dispenses wayy too much...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by misssoldiergirl

Best concealer ever! Its a little pricey at $20 a bottle for 0.3 oz but I think its totally worth it. Nothing else compares. Its light weight yet it gives A LOT of coverage. Also they weren't lying when they said its long wearing; I went to a water park and was going on water rides all day and in the Texas summer heat and it still looked pretty good by time I left. I can't say enough good things about it. You need it in your life! The only bad thing is that the pump is hard to control and if your not used to it you will get way more product then you need but with time you will learn to carefully use two fingers and get the amount needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer in NC45, the same shade as my Studio Fix Fluid & Studio Fix Powder Plus foundations. I use this product to conceal red blemishes & to cover acne marks/scarring. I like the thicker consistency because it provides the fuller coverage I want with my oily skin. In regards to covering redness & dark marks, this is one of the best concealers you can use. It sets to a matte finish, which I love. I never wear a full face of makeup for 15 hours & I can't vouch for whether it not it actually lasts that long, but it'll last through most people's days (work, school, events, etc.).

The only thing I dislike is the packaging. It's messy, too fragile, & it's just easily broken. First of all, product ends up all over the inside of the cap, which means it gets all over the pump itself… secondly, in more than one or two instances, these pumps have simply quit working altogether. I mean for the $20 it costs, I figured the company can at least provide a better quality pump for us.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Kayla19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product manages to cover my dark circles and spots almost completely. However I would not repurchase simply due to the packaging. The pump is an absolute nightmare nightmare to use and so much product ends up wasted. It's incredibly disappointing as you expect so much more from a company like MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by RJ94

Usually I don't buy high-end makeup. But after trying most of the drugstore concealers (that are available here in Norway, which is not much) this is my holygrail!

I absolutely LOVE this concealer. I have finished my first bottle, and now I'm on my second. I would say that if you have dry skin, like mine, (and the climate doesn't help much) you should probably apply a good moisturizer. It never creases, it's on your skin for a whole day. It also gives full coverage.

It is a little price, but it's totaly worth it. I did not like det packaging in the beginning, when I got it. But over time, I have learned how to control the pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by NinaSun

This concealer is absolutely amazing. After having run out of my go to Nars concealer, I decided to give this a go. I held back for a long time because it's very pricey but it's definitely worth every penny. The texture is the perfect mix between not being too thick but not too runny. It blends in flawlessly and the coverage is very, very opaque. I have really dark, hereditary circles and this covers them as well as my Nars and Make Up Forever ones without a salmon colored neutralizer underneath. My skintone is NC25(not yet my winter color) and I've been using this in NC20. This also has a really matte texture but it bring such light to your face! Definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by nadeska07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer for under eyes and to conceal redness around the nose and cheeks. I'm probably the odd one out but I love the pump, which is much more hygienic than those wand applicators - you can easily control the amount that comes out by pressing the pump opening against the back of your hand and slowly pressing down with your other hand. Natural satin skin finish. Lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Idealist95

And finally, my search for the perfect concealer came to an end..
I am IN LOVE with this product! It stays on all night, gives a full, perfect coverage and hides any blemishes, dark circles, basically ANY imperfections!

The only negative thing about it is the pump. Oh how i wish was different! It gives out WAAAY too much product that you don't even need! :(

Also, when i was at the store trying to find the perfect color, the lady working there suggested the NC30 to me, i tried it and thought it looked good, but when i came back home, i found it a bit too yellow!! (my fault for trusting she was a pro)
Then I had to go back to MAC with a friend and she helped me choose the perfect one which was NW20!! I dont know how that other one gave me an NC30, i wasn't even tanned!
Now im stuck with 2 concealers, but i mix them up so the other one wouldn't go to waste.
Then again, its kinda my fault for trusting her (but aren't MAC staff supposed to be pro makeup artists??)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by TattooedPrncsz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This product is a high coverage concealer that delivers great, opaque coverage. I use shade NC15 as an undereye concealer/highlight only so that is the basis of my review. The product is a liquid concealer that comes in a small pump tube. The pump does kinda suck, as it spits out more concealer then I need sometimes. Overall this has been a staple concealer in my kit for awhile now but I find myself looking for something better. Texturally this concealer is off putting to me (I like creamy-oily type concealers) but the coverage and finish is what keeps me re-buying.

I apply using my micro beauty blender moistened with Fix+ stippeled under my eyes. The finish comes out slightly dewy (from my application method) and covers my undereye circles and highlights really well. I add a little Light Boost from the MAC P&P click pen and I am good to go. Warning: use a light hand on this product; it's really good at its job and too much will cake on. As far as smell the product has a sent to it; it smells floral-ish/soapy, the scent does not bother or overpower me but it might bother some with sensitive skin or nose. I love that it comes in a glass bottle, it looks great on my vanity. I have not tried this on any other place then my undereye so I can't attest to it's staying power on my face but when topped with my Laura Mercier Under Eye Brightening powder this stuff really lasts into my day and doesn't crease under my eyes. My only gripe about this product is the texture and the pump. As others have stated the pump is a poor design choice on MAC's part and really needs to be changed.

I paid $20 for this and for the price you get 0.30 fl oz. You don't need a lot of this to get the job done and I expect to pay a decent amount regardless so price wasn't an issue for me. My advice is to go see the colors in person. The shades run a little different then other MAC concealers. Overall this is a staple for a reason. It gets the job done and does it well but I like to use different products (I'm a sucker for packaging) so I find myself buying new concealers and replacing this one often.