December 20, 2014 | 889 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - fresh complexion concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer feels good on the skin- doesn't seem greasy or oily. It's not bad to crease, and for that reason it looks good under the eyes. I only wish it were more pigmented! It looks natural on the skin, (blends, doesn't stick to dry patches, etc) but it just isn't enough on its own for my dark circles. I've never tried it on zits, so I can't say how it performs there. Overall I think I can probably get a better concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Kalady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS: light colors available, thin consistency, sets on its own, natural "blurring" concealer
CONS: small color range, not densely pigmented, too liquidy in consistency for some people's liking, doesn't last all day

This was the first makeup item I ever had. My mom took me to Target at the young age of 12, hooked me up with some Covergirl Clean foundation, this concealer, some blush, lip gloss, and a tube of mascara. I remembered liking it then, so out of nostalgia, I repurchased it on my own recently, some 5 years after the last time I had owned it.

Ah, what a lovely product.

Essentially, this is the "tinted moisturizer" of concealers: perfect for a fresh, natural, no-makeup makeup look. My mother all those years ago had, in a sense, introduced me to the perfect makeup for a beginner. With light, soft coverage and a natural powder finish, it serves to blur imperfections more than it completely conceals, ideal for a young girl who doesn't know the correct amount of product to apply. For someone more advanced, the coverage may seem lackluster or nonexistent, but I find it perfect for minimalism, natural skin- it doesn't sink into lines under my eyes or into pores, it doesn't feel uncomfortable, it doesn't need to be set with powder, and it doesn't look makeup-y. The coverage is softly buildable.

You won't like this if you're searching for a high coverage concealer, have severe discoloration, have a deeper skin tone, or like working with thick concealers. However, younger girls, minimalist girls, fair-skinned girls, and low-maintenance-makeup girls, rejoice.

I'm glad that I repurchased this concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG concealer despite trying so many others from high end to low end- I could honestly wear this stuff as foundation. It's a perfect match for my fair skin and really changed my mind about Covergirl products in general. Since it has worked so well for me (and is both affordable and long lasting) I decided to test two of their foundations and was happy that this matched both perfectly. One tube of this concealer lasted me almost a year and did not dry out or change in texture, or cause breakouts. Since it's so affordable I grabbed an extra for my purse, but I rarely need it.

I see this doesn't have great reviews but I think perhaps it was a lucky find for me- fair concealers are hard to find without being too dark/washing you out/looking too yellow or red. So if you are pale with normal skin, this might be a great buy if you are sick of all the high end brands failing you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by msalisonrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my go-to concealer. I spend good money for good makeup, and was happy to find this at such a low price point. Very blendable, and the colours worked well with my neutral skin tone. I was able to wear it with powder only (no foundation). Non-comedogenic too!

I was devastated when I went to my local Shoppers' yesterday, and there was none to be found. I was told it was discontinued. I used the creamy natural and am now using Quo's cream concealer (it's a multi but I only like the cream side).. for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for years while suffering moderate and cystic acne, only to look at the ingredients list and discover that it contains parabens and severely pore clogging sodium chloride - yes, straight up table salt! if you accidentally dab some on the corner of your mouth, it even TASTES vaguely like salt. EWW. I discontinued using it on my face and saw noticeable clearing of my acne within a week.

Still, it was the only concealer I had found that performed well under my eyes, so I continued to use it just around my eye area. But no matter how careful I was to avoid bringing it further down my face, I would STILL get tiny red white heads on the tops of my cheeks and even above my eyes.

Luckily I found a better concealer for under my eyes and discontinued using this product permanently. I would NOT recommend it to anyone who has sensitive or acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by rennie18

Up until now I uses the Wet n Wild Coverall stick, and I hated it. I only bought it because it was $2. I bought this Covergirl concealer in the shade creamy natural and it works nice. I like it better than the stick. It cover under eye circles well and only cover mild-medium blemishes. I was stuck between this and the invisible concealer Covergirl has but I got this because it was cheaper. It works really well thought, I will probably get this again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by justbeingme65

Its easy to apply, looks good with setting powder, and highlights eyes when you use a lighter color then your face. Covers up under eye circles grate, but sometimes is hard to apply. The only thing I don't like about this product, it does not cover up blemishes or red problem areas at all. Which is really weird because its great for under eye circles. Would buy again if I cant find a better concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I love, love, love this product ! Okay, I bought this maybe 10 times and always get nice results! Let me explain. I don't use this as a concealer, but as foundation, since maybe 1 year. I do love the formula. Light to medium coverage, not cakey, natural, glides easily with my beauty blender. The best thing is that it DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!!!! Thats is why I put this all over my face, as a foundation. I always think foundation is too heavy on my face, but this is just perfect to even out my skin tone. I got this in the shades creamy natural and buff beige, and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I also use this as a under eye concealer, since I don't need much coverage because I don't have bad dark circles. When I wear this, my skin is not oily at all. After I put this on, I blot whit the all about matt mattyfing powder by Essence, and it keeps me matte all day. Love this combo for my skin! Near HG. Always repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

way too sheer to cover up pimples but it's good for under eye circles.