July 22, 2014 | 1910 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Book of Shadows Vol. III

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by xchavirax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favorite book of shadows, all the others contain too many neutrals, and I already have UD naked and neutrals from the fun and dangerous palettes.That being said, the shadows are very pigmented and true to color, and extremely smooth (like butter baby!).

The only thing I'd probably complain about are the glitter shades, like Uzi and Midnight cowboy rides again. I could never use Uzi as a highlight because all the glitter would look super weird on my browbone, and the glitter shades UD makes have tons of fallout!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette during Urban Decay's 20% off sale. I like this palette. The pinks and purples are really pretty. I like the glittery ones too, although I know they are annoying. The key is to apply them wet. I am starting to collect palettes, although I know a lot of palettes contain the same colors. I am saving up to buy Book of Shadows IV. I like this palette but I'm not in love with them. Is it just me or do the shadows seem "dry"? I was expecting soft buttery shadows that blend nicely and these kind of don't really. They are still really nice shadows though. I think the packaging is cute although the whole pop up and light up thing is over the top and uneccesary considering the colors pull out underneath. I hope they don't jack up the prices for these sorts of things. Although 16 shadows, a primer potion and 2 eyeliners is a good deal, plus I got it in on sale so I guess I can't complain! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this box ok. The box has a few neturals, a few brights, and what not. I like it and it comes with a mini primer and like 2 mini eyeliners. The box lights up, but my lights quit working !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by peppermintpolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

First of all, cute package! Second, it's UD shadows, so you know they rock. Third, they are all very wearable...when in doubt, you can always use them as liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by paradoxical76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Definitely my favorite of all my BOS's. Loaded, Money & Kush make the most gorgeous green smokey eye. Same as with all the BOS's, soft buttery shadows, awesome lasting power, etc etc. I use this BOS more than any of them, I wish Money was a single shadow! I don't mind the bulkiness of any BOS's, I wouldn't depot mine for anything, I love displaying them. I honestly can't find anything bad to say about any Book of Shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by KungPowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first UD product I bought and I really like it. I use it nearly everyday, with the colors you can make so many different looks, for daytime or nighttime! At first I was excited that it includes two eyeliner pencils, one black and the other purple, but once I tried them I was unimpressed. The black liner seemed greasy and to smudgy while I could barely see the purple one. Using the primer potion for the first time, I am impressed. It's light, easy to use, and really improves the cheaper shadows I own. As for the actual shadows, I love them. They are silky smooth and very blendy. I love the selection it has. The colors I find myself using the most are haight, radium, perversion, and rockstar, but since I started using it I'm liking the sandy-golden-brown colors more & more. I like mowie wowie, suspect, smog, and midnight cowboy rides again a lot more than I thought I would. Uzi has a ton of glitter in but I still enjoy it. The packaging is a little silly, with the pop up things and lights in the way of the mirror, if I hadn't just spent $55 on it I would have ripped them off by now! Even with the crappy eyeliners and annoying packaging, I still love it. I get compliment almost every time I use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by lovebon898270

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to fall in love with this product. I had such high hope because of the reviews I has seen and because the colors seems alluring and captivating. there is only two colors I LOVE from the overall palette; smog and loaded. I barely touch this palette. I HATE having to pull out the shadows from the box because some times it would get stuck. The packaging is interesting, but it is such a hassle to pull out the shadows form the box. Urban Decay needs to come out with better packaging for their book of shadows because it is the same every year with different designs.it seems they pay more attention to the packaging rather than focusing on the shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought it on a whim after I bought my first UD product (NAKED palette) because I fell in love with the pigmentation of the shadows and quality.
However, BOS III is glittery and not all that.

Especially the packaging. It would be half the price if the BOS didn't have the whole pop out NYC theme.

The shadows are good, great for night out but I really dislike the glitter shadows. They make so much mess!

Plus, I have issues with the 'Psychedelia Sister' shadow. It just won't stick to most of my brushes.

Primer is something that I love and the 24/7 glide on liners! Oh. They're amazing! I love Zero. (TIP: Oil base make up removers [baby oil or olive oil will do] can remove this easily)

Is it worth buying again? No, while I hope this palette will last long. It's not really worth repurchasing again, mainly because it will properly go up in price on eBay like the AIW palette did (Alice in Wonderland, it now goes over $300!)

Cheers!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 6:17:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Oh how I love my Book of Shadows palette, I don't buy any other eyeshadows now as I know I have enough of them in this palette to last a long time and to make so many different looking combinations with, which is why I purchased it, yes however it is pricey especially for people here in australia (we don't have access to Sephora and our cosmetics are charged at rip off prices compared to other countries, however as another reviewer stated when you actually add up the prices of all the individual pieces in this palette you actually save money). I love how all my shadows are in one place and visible as soon as you pull the palette out, its so much more convenient then looking for individual jars and pulling lids off to see if thats the one your looking for, and when I travel now I don't have any of those 'damn I left that eyeshadow at home' moments. They are also the most pigmented eyeshadows I've come across and with the primer potion in this palette my eyeshadow actually lasts all night rather then disappearing to an indiscernible colour like all other eyeshadows I have tried over the years. Some of the eyesahows in this palette are like wholly heck glitter glitter everywhere, so if you don't like glitter don't purchase, I for one though like glitter at this time in my life. I also just love how fun this palette looks, and when I eventually (years perhaps) use up my palette up I will purchase another.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by kp07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first Urban Decay product and I love it!!! The glitter can be a little much at times so you really must choose carefully what brush you are using. Other than that, the colors are great and they blend super good! Mos def one of my favorite pallets I am using currently.