April 20, 2014 | 1642 users online

Polishes - Orly - Rage

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by BloodyKisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color. I was looking for a pretty rose gold color for my nail polish, and came across this in my local Sally's. This polish stays true to color and is slow to chip when applied with a base and top coat. One coat gives sparkly color, and two makes the color deeper. It is fairly quick drying and doesn't cake like some brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Oh dear, where do I start on this polish? First, yes, the color is a beautiful, extremely shimmery, rose-gold color. Secondly, it is LOUD! It is NOT a subtle color, which is sort of what I was expecting when I bought it. (Rose-golds are usually pretty subtle, right?) It's very pigmented and super, super shimmery, so it will definitely catch people's attention. Keep that in mind if you were hoping that this would be a subtle polish.

I found the formula a bit too runny for me to work with well. I had to be super careful to be neat around the edges of my nails since the uber shimmery color is unforgiving if you make a mistake. On the bright side, it's so pigmented that you can get away with just one coat, although I still use two out of habit. The drying time is good to great, so at least you can toss on 1-2 coats and run out the door if need be.

Overall, I think this is a beautiful, unique polish, but too in-your-face for me to wear often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Orly Rage is a pale rose-gold with a metallic shimmer. One coat does the job, two at the most. Goes on like a dream. Gorgeous, no-brainer polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Beautiful rose gold color. In one week I only had a chip on one finger. Really happy with this and plan on buying more Orly polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by butterflyashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous, gorgeous polish. I received this in a swap and I love it. It's a beautiful rose gold polish that looks chrome from an arm's distance away but is shimmery close up. Works well with my pale, cool-toned skin. The formula is great in two coats, doesn't leave brush strokes and it dries really quickly, not to mention it doesn't dull with topcoat. I don't have anything like this in my collection and I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my absolute favorite nail polishes. The formula goes on like a dream. It just glides on easily, and doesn't take very long to dry. It wears for longer than other polishes, too. I got a full two weeks before it started to chip, which is pretty amazing. The color is unique and would look good on a variety of skintones. I highly recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely lovely nude gold metallic, very easy to apply (and very forgiving when you are in a rush). Like it for daywear, office appropriate.
Nice formula, nice brush.
Super lovely shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by jbinta

Finally, a metallic nuder/cream tone that goes on opaque (the first coat even!) rather than taking 3-4 coats just to get the true-to-bottle color! This is my favorite nail polish colors these days. I tend to gravitate towards metallics/chromes over mattes, and I had always found the light pearlescent or cream shades to be dissapointing in terms of color deposit, and like I said, this is the most impressed I've ever been with a light-colored hue. It looks great on my light/medium olive skin tone, and will be a great summer color. I'm glad that it's big-3 free and has no formaldehyde resin, but of course I still know it's not a totally clean polish (oxymoron, unfortunately), so that would be the only thing I would change in a perfect world.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by a29105

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my first experience with any Orly polishes and I am happy that I gave this company a chance. This is a one coat polish. No other coats are required. It's true to color so what you see is what you get. It's the perfect rose gold color and it should look nice on a wide variety of skin tones. I would buy again if I had to.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my all time favorite nail polishes!! Orly polishes are my favorite. I love the formula, brush, and their range of colors. Orly's glittery polishes always work better for me over any other brand's glittery polishes. This is a really beautiful color and goes completely opaque with two coats. The only thing bad about it is it chips really easily. I use Orly's bonder base coat and Sally Hansen's insta dri top coat and it usually chips within 24 hours. I've tried other combinations of base coats and top coats with this polish as well and it still chips really easily. That aside though, it's a great polish!