Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 6/25/2015 6:54:00 AM

I usually buy the all nighter setting spray however when I spoke to the mua on the UD counter she said I would be best to use this one as I have combination skin.
I have been using it a week & it states on the packing 100% people said de-slick helped prevent make up melt down in 7 days however I'm not one of those people. I am attending a wedding this weekend so I need my make up to stay put all day. I wish I just stuck with the all nighter spray instead because I know that works better for me.
I seen online you can apply it before and after applying your make up & I have tried this too but nothing seems to work.
I wouldn't buy this again.

on 5/24/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does a very good job of controlling oils and setting my makeup. However, it is very pricey for the amount of product you get.

on 5/22/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This really works and I need a smaller one for travel. I got this about a year and a half ago when swapping was all the rage. Had not used it really until this spring. But THIS WORKS!! I am unbearably oily. So this is how I use it... I spray once into my hands and apply to my face right after moisturizer. I concentrate on my oiliest areas. Then when I am done apply all my face products (including blush) I spray twice over my makeup. Usually I have to blot at about 9:30 a.m. at work. With this I do not have to blot until 2:00 p.m. and the oil is not that much at that time. I will certainly keep this spray around. May try the L'Oreal one.

on 5/21/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am sure that this product does absolutely nothing for me..... I saw the reviews (some good, some bad) and decided to get the travel size. I am glad I didn't waste a ton of money on this. It's surprising really cause I have always liked urban decay. For the money it costs, the slightly cumbersome bottle with two caps, and a spray nozzle that is inconsistent, it is not worth buying. If you are an oily girl like me, save your money.

on 5/20/2015 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product really does nothing for me. I've tried using it many different ways and it just doesn't seem to make any difference to my oil control - I'm still shiny after two hours. I'm really disappointed by this product because it had so many good reviews, but it just doesn't work for my very oily skin.

on 5/10/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I like this spray but I think I like the All Nighter better. I don't see a huge difference in this helping oilyness, but I do notice if I put too much powder it will matten that out. It's alright for the price, but I think I'm going back to the All Nighter after this bottle is done.

on 4/29/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is seriously such a good product and I never leave the house without spraying it over my makeup.

So my usual routine consists of washing my face, applying Nivea oil free moisturizing day cream and MAC oil control around my nose. I then apply No7 primer and Stay Matte foundation, setting it all with Smashbox powder and then applying UD De- Slick setting spray as instructed on the bottle. I then wait for it to dry and apply MAC blot powder on the T zone.

With this routine shine is controlled for about 7-8 hours and it keeps my foundation on very well. I've actually never experienced foundation meltdown with this product. Also I can never feel the product on my face at all which is a bonus.

I do think though that this works so well for me because I use a combination of products to control shine rather than this on it's own. Having said that I recently tired Skindinavia oil control setting spray and it was rubbish. Honestly it didn't control shine at all and within 2 hours my makeup was melting off my face. Also my face felt so oily and gross which NEVER happens with UD, The weirdest thing is Skindinavia make UD De- Slick but it must be a different formula (says on the back of the bottle). Lets hope they never change it to the Skindinavia formula.

So anyway after that bad experience I will always stick to UD De- Slick.

on 4/27/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I compare this high end setting spray with L'Oreal's Infallible Makeup Extender Spray

I had always used this product to keep my make up matte and lasting all day until I found an affordable version from the drugstore. Urban Decay changed the packaging to a matte velvety feeling white bottle which always ended up collecting powder from my makeup desk/area and always looks so dirty. I think the spray can sometimes end up with a few larger or heavier drops on my face. This doesn't mess up my makeup but just is weird to wait forever for those larger drops to set so just be leery of that.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was recommended the original all nighter spray by two of my friends. They have been swearing by it for years. I went to Sephora the other day, and the MUA recommended this one as I do get oily in my t-zone throughout the day. This stuff works wonders. I love it with my MAC Face & Body. I didn't get oily at all, and my makeup lasted all day. I purchased this in the travel size. I don't know what took me so long to get a setting spray. I've been missing out.

on 4/13/2015 12:26:00 AM

A lady at Ulta talked me into getting this product. She said she uses it and loves it. She helped me a lot with the finding the right color for the to use in the DermaBlend line and told me that this spray would help a lot better then their setting powder. I would say within 15-20 after spraying this on, my T-Zone looks all oily again. I am taking this back and getting some of the DermaBlend setting powder to see if that will help better.

Popular Primer/ Correctors