Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 4/29/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is seriously such a good product and I never leave the house without spraying it over my makeup.

So my usual routine consists of washing my face, applying Nivea oil free moisturizing day cream and MAC oil control around my nose. I then apply No7 primer and Stay Matte foundation, setting it all with Smashbox powder and then applying UD De- Slick setting spray as instructed on the bottle. I then wait for it to dry and apply MAC blot powder on the T zone.

With this routine shine is controlled for about 7-8 hours and it keeps my foundation on very well. I've actually never experienced foundation meltdown with this product. Also I can never feel the product on my face at all which is a bonus.

I do think though that this works so well for me because I use a combination of products to control shine rather than this on it's own. Having said that I recently tired Skindinavia oil control setting spray and it was rubbish. Honestly it didn't control shine at all and within 2 hours my makeup was melting off my face. Also my face felt so oily and gross which NEVER happens with UD, The weirdest thing is Skindinavia make UD De- Slick but it must be a different formula (says on the back of the bottle). Lets hope they never change it to the Skindinavia formula.

So anyway after that bad experience I will always stick to UD De- Slick.

on 4/27/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I compare this high end setting spray with L'Oreal's Infallible Makeup Extender Spray

I had always used this product to keep my make up matte and lasting all day until I found an affordable version from the drugstore. Urban Decay changed the packaging to a matte velvety feeling white bottle which always ended up collecting powder from my makeup desk/area and always looks so dirty. I think the spray can sometimes end up with a few larger or heavier drops on my face. This doesn't mess up my makeup but just is weird to wait forever for those larger drops to set so just be leery of that.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was recommended the original all nighter spray by two of my friends. They have been swearing by it for years. I went to Sephora the other day, and the MUA recommended this one as I do get oily in my t-zone throughout the day. This stuff works wonders. I love it with my MAC Face & Body. I didn't get oily at all, and my makeup lasted all day. I purchased this in the travel size. I don't know what took me so long to get a setting spray. I've been missing out.

on 4/13/2015 12:26:00 AM

A lady at Ulta talked me into getting this product. She said she uses it and loves it. She helped me a lot with the finding the right color for the to use in the DermaBlend line and told me that this spray would help a lot better then their setting powder. I would say within 15-20 after spraying this on, my T-Zone looks all oily again. I am taking this back and getting some of the DermaBlend setting powder to see if that will help better.

on 4/5/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the travel size of the setting spray and I was so disappointed. Instead of this being a "magic" spray that would keep me matte all day it made my skin oilier. I would let it have 5-10 minutes to set on my face and it would just sit there looking all shiny and gross. I hate this product and I would never repurchase!

on 3/16/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm still trying to figure this product out. I have extremely oily skin all year round. I use matte foundations, primers, and setting powders that still don't keep me matte all day. I thought that maybe this product would be the icing on the cake, but I still find myself getting oily after a few hours. I still continue to use this product because it prevents my makeup from looking too cakey and it does help keep my makeup stay in place.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Omg, I think I may have *finally* found my HG oil control product! I have been through the wringer with so many mattifying products, mostly powders and a few primers, and they have mostly flunked the test, unable to keep my face matte even to noon or thereabouts. This product on the other hand is a true gem in a field saturated with mostly wannabes. I just happened to try it out finally after running out of my last mattifier, which was Rouge Bunny Rouge's Metamorphoses Mattifying Primer. I've had a 0.51 oz. deluxe sample size of De-Slick tucked away for some time, I guess, but because my attention was always taken up with one mattifying powder/primer or another, I never gave this one much thought. Until now. Now I am so psyched and overjoyed that I've actually run out of the RBR primer! Otherwise, I never would have thought of trying De-Slick and giving it a chance.

It's very easy to use De-Slick. Before applying any makeup to my face, I spray it along my t-zone, and on the tops of my cheeks/temples, using about 5 sprays in all (the instructions suggest 2-4 sprays, but of course that's no hard and fast rule; adjust accordingly as needed!). Then I let it dry down, waiting a minute or two. Once it dries, you can apply your makeup as usual. And never does it feel tight or dry or uncomfortable! That is probably the best part of the De-Slick spray experience - it just feels natural, clean and healthy. You never feel as if there's a mask on your face sucking any and all moisture and life right out. It's absolutely amazing.

As mentioned before, the bulk of mattifiers that I've tried in the past have nonetheless led to oily breakthrough by noon, or shortly after. And when I say 'oily breakthrough,' I mean at least 80 to 90 percent of my face would have a moderate to intense sheen of oil sitting there. Not so with De-Slick! Omg, once again. If indeed there is any oil to be found on my face by the early afternoon, it's insanely minimal. To determine the extent of midday shine while using De-Slick, I blotted my face with a tissue and I'd say the amount of oil found on the tissue was very slight. Normally, I'd have produced enough oil by early afternoon when using any other mattifying product that I could have supplied a deep fryer with the oil output from my face. The miracle of De-Slick is that it works, it's long-lasting (very much so!), and it even feels good on the skin.

I'm aware that Skindinavia actually manufactures De-Slick and all the other setting sprays for Urban Decay and that it's in fact cheaper to buy Skindinavia's sprays, which I've already done because I don't want to risk running out of this awesome mattifier and becoming an uncomfortable and unsightly greaseball once again. I love you, De-Slick! Please don't ever go the way of extinction.

I can't wait to see how it's going to perform during the hot and disgustingly humid months of NYC summer.

on 2/7/2015 11:12:00 PM

this is such a great product! I have such oily skin & being in a tropical climate does not help. I could blot my face 3 times throughout the day & it wld still be oily at night. I bought the travel size product & will be purchasing the full sized one! With this, I did not hv to blot my face throughout the day at ALL.

on 2/3/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have really oily skin. By mid morning I am an oil field and recently it had been getting really bad. I bought this ages ago & never used it then I was cleaning & found it last week. Finally, I can make it all day without having the makeup slide into my eyes before lunch. For me, this has fixed a real issue. Now I started using Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser at the same time too but so far this combo has helped me when I had lost all hope. I use Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Moisturizer then the primer, spray de-slick, I use Clinique BB cream & sometimes Mac Studio Fix powder foundation then spray de-slick and I am good for hours without having to worry about a touch up.

on 1/28/2015 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've bought this a few times now because I think it's worth buying it for me personally it holds my makeup up pretty well mostly all day during my 12 hour shift. I've had people asking what special makeup I wear as it stays put all day long... This is my secret. Maybe not so secret as I pass it onto the younger girls at work that are still learning about makeup. Totally recommend for oily skin.

Popular Primer/ Correctors