September 19, 2014 | 944 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ellieeeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To start off, this product is AMAZING! This is my first Tarte product, and I am beyond impressed. Buying this, I honestly didn't have high expectations considering all the products I have bought before, claiming to control oiling skin, didn't. I have spent loads of money searching for that one product to help with my very oily skin. Of course I've realized that as hard as I try, there is no product that will completely get rid of my oily skin, but I think this is about as close as I will ever get. After applying, my face is matte for 2-3 hours and even after it isn't near as oily as it used to be. If I want my face to be matte again all I have to do is reapply or use a blotting sheet and BAM, many more hours of a shine free face! Before I found this, my face would be an oil slick after just 30 minutes. I even think this product has helped with my acne, because since I've been using this I've had less breakouts and my skin is nearly clear. It's a bit pricey, but worth every penny. The packaging could be a bit better, but that is seriously the least of my worries. I use this alone with primer and concealer because I don't need much coverage, but if it isn't enough for you alone, I know it will work great with foundation. Not only is my skin oily, but it is also sensitive and this hasn't caused my face to become dry at all like some products for oily skin have. I really don't know how I survived without this, because it is just so wonderful. I'm planning on using this for a long time, and hope Tarte will never discontinue this! Right when I had given up and accepted the fact that I would never find something to really help my oily skin, I found this! Tarte, thank you SO much!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by klseey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product keeps my face matte and soft, and I really do love it.
The little hole that the powder comes out of could be a little bigger though! I just find myself shaking it a lot.
However, be careful with this.
If your skin is dry, be weary. It can make the dryness stand out even MORE and it looks pretty gross.
I don't like to use a brush with this product, and i usually just put a bit on my finger and dab it onto my t-zone, where I get the most oily.
Very good product and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by ksabha01

This powder is amazing. My skin feels smooth and soft when I wear it, it keeps my skin shine-free for many hours which is the best I can hope for with my crazy-shiny skin, and it photographs amazingly well (unlike Make Up For Ever's powder). The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging, where you have to press down around the ONE hole to get the powder to shoot through. Sometimes it makes a mess because it shoots up too high and gets all over my counter, wasting precious powder. But honestly, even with that, I don't care - I will always be a fan of this powder. Plus it lasts a really long time (unlike MUFE, in my opinion) so even paying $35 for it at Sephora, it's totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lingre

LOVE this powder. I cant say anything bad about it at all. I was using the MUFE HD finishing powder which is light and powdery like this one but this is better if you are a bit more oily and cant reapply. I also love that this really holds your makeup in place- eye makeup, concealer over a blemish, etc! I just adore this powder, I guess the only thing I can say is that I wish it was also in a pressed powder because I am often putting my makeup on, on the go and the loose powder can be a bit tricky.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lupita465

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great powder....I do not get a white cast .... Makes my pores look almost invisible. Does a good job setting my foundation. I do not have oily skin so the oil control was not my worry. I was worried about looking dry and ashy....did not happen...I actually want to try the Amazonian full coverage powder foundation...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

A little about me and my skin: I am 15 years old, female, fair skin with a very warm/golden undertone (think "warm vanilla", "light-medium" or "fair glow" for colors). My skin is extremely sensitive. I have NO acne problems or redness. However. My forehead is very bumpy with little flesh colored bumps (milia.) clogged pores because my skin can't exfoliate at all on it's own. I've cleared most of them up with exfoliation. It's taken forever. I've had these bumps for a good three years. Between clearing them up with masks, scrubs, and gentle cleansers, I slather my face with makeup to hide them and make my forehead look smooth. Bad move.

.....my allergy to makeup creates a never ending, sad cycle: if I were to stop makeup, the bumpy complexion on my forehead would disappear. But I can't stop.

This powder....HG. It fills in my little bumps like a primer would, giving my forehead a smooth, soft look. The best part? My skin doesn't react to it at all. My milia is fading. My skin is looking smooth and clear. With the help of this powder, I HAVE ENDED MY DISFUNTIONAL RELARIONSHIP WITH FOUNDATION. Thank you, Tarte. Once all my milia goes away, I'll say goodbye to this lovely powder too, and hello to a smooth bare face. Xoxo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

How have I lived this long without this product? It's completely revolutionized the way I put on concealer.

I used to set concealer with a really fine powder, but even a Chanel or La Praire would make it look cakey. I was testing different concealers last night at Sephora, happens to grab this as something to set them with, and life changes.

The grit is so fine, the luminescence so glowing that it is beyond perfect for setting concealer. It finally made it possible for me to set concealer without worry that it will start looking crappy.

Faces are like cars, it's all about priming your palate. This powder is simply amazing?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by albs

Following several years of foundation disappointment (I think I'm looking for something that doesn't exist) I decided to cut foundation out of my routine and just use concealer and translucent powder. I happened to have this in my collection and it wasn't getting a lot of love, so I began to use it. I've been loving it. It sets my concealer, blurs the appearance of pores (a big skincare issue with me) and keeps my skin mattified but in a natural looking way. In all honesty it almost looks like I have foundation on in the way that my skin looks much more perfected. I buff it on with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. It's pricey but it's going to last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a bunch of deluxe samples and that's what led me to buying the larger size because I really like this powder. I have been using it for a long time now and for Winter it's great for me as it doesn't accentuate flakes! I do peels and I can get flakey and some powders just make it look hideous but Tarte's does not imo. For me I have combo skin and it gets dry in the colder months so this is excellent for me. The powder is super soft and for my pale self I don't have a white cast at all. Instead it gives my skin a soft focus finish without making my blush lighter. The key with this is it really is a finishing powder so when I use this at the end my makeup stays great. It really lasts and oil control is there I do not get very oily with this, or need to blot more.

Also the big one lasts ages I even have the samples that I use for travel because you really only need a little bit to set your face. I do full face most the time or even when I go simple this powder is what I reach for because of how well it works. I also find if I have a spot once I conceal I add a dot of this over and the zit stays hidden. So it locks in makeup really well in my case. My foundation doesn't cake or get melty with this either. It also doesn't settle in fine lines or creases which I love! Great powder and one I will continue to use because the results are consistent. So Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by edurling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had the oiliest of skin for foreverrrrrr and the only products that ever worked to control oil broke me out. This product works! its not perfect but it keeps me looking decent, oil wise, for hours at a time. i agree that the packaging isnt great (though i got a special edition and its super cute) the way i use it is i screw the lid on and bang it upside on the table a couple times. then i take a kabuki brush and apply it. its expensive but it lasts a while.
tips:
-make sure your face is clean of oil before you apply otherwise the whitish cast is noticible
-finish applying ALL concealer/foundation first. it will repel the oil in any makeup applied on top and look weird. works well OVER makeup