Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 7/23/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used Cover Girl for a long time then needed a little more coverage as I got older and decided to try this Rimmel 200 I have olive toned skin I also have oily skin as well this stays all day and doesn't break me out or make my face shiny at all and it last for a long time also this is nice coverage just enough but not over the top and it blends well and doesn't settle in pores either I love this stuff 😉😉

on 7/21/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a bit on the fence with this one. On one hand, it is a good foundation for the price and the packaging is nice and all. On the other hand, my main problem with this is that there's such a fine line between too little foundation and too much with this one.

I found a shade that is absolutely perfect for my skin and doesn't look too yellow or pink or anything, but I feel like I need a very specific amount of foundation or I will either look like I'm not wearing any or I'm wearing way too much and my face feels painted on.

On the days when I get the amount right, my skin looks flawless and I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask. In my opinion it also lasts for quite a while with a good primer underneath (I have tried this foundation with Rimmel's Stay Matte primer as well as Maybelline's Dream Smooth primer and both were okay. If I had to pick one that was better with this particular foundation it would be Maybelline) It does tend to rub off on clothes though, so that's a bit disappointing.

I am still on a quest to find the best foundation for me out there, but until I do, this will probably be my go-to.

on 7/18/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

There are a few things I love about this foundation, and a few things I hate, but the hates outweigh the loves on this one.

First the loves. I was able to find a fantastic colour match that doesn't oxidize on me. That doesn't happen often. I'm extremely fair, and the lightest options in most ranges are still usually a hair dark, and either too pink or too yellow. Not with this one. I get a consistent colour, which is great. Another love is the bottle. Tall, glass, pump. If every foundation bottle was like this, I'd be so happy. Last thing I like is the consistency. Not too thick, not too runny. Just... nice. Feels nice going on too. The price is also pretty decent for the amount you get (1 fl oz in the newer pump bottles).

The things I dislike about this foundation are pretty basic things I need in a foundation.

Firstly, I'm not a fan of the coverage. For me, this doesn't cover much. It's fine for good skin days, but any little bit of extra redness shines through any less than a few layers. Additionally, once applied, on me, it looks rather dry. So it doesn't cover much, but still looks cakey. Not really a good trade-off.

Secondly, I get a crazy amount of transfer with this. Doesn't matter if I use power and setting spray, and primer, this comes off on anything my face touches. Fingers, clothing, boyfriend. It just doesn't like to stay on my face.

Lastly, it just doesn't last (hehe) on me. Even if I'm only wearing it for 8-9 hours in an air-conditioned office, by the time I wash my face when I get home, I'm patchy, look greasy, and my face just feels gross. My skin is very normal, and not overly oily, so this doesn't happen with many foundations.

It's also worth noting that this foundation does have a subtle scent to it. To me, it smells like hair conditioner, clean and a tad floral. This doesn't bother me, but it might bother people who are sensitive to scents or fragrance on the skin.

Overall, it might be worth a try if you have dry skin, but for me, this just doesn't work the way I'd like.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is the worst makeup product I have ever used. This foundation caused an allergic reaction to my face, I don't even have sensitive skin. My face is swollen and covered in red bumps thanks to this foundation! Stay away from this foundation. Well, lesson learned, I am never buying anything with fragrance.

on 7/13/2015 3:37:00 PM

So disappointed with this foundation. Bought in the shade 'light porcelain' as I have quite fair skin.
However...after this foundation has been on my face for about fifteen minutes it oxidizes so much that I look like I've had some sort of bad tanning accident.

It's really dry as well,absolutely no glow to this foundation once applied to your face. That's juts personal preference though, I prefer a dewy foundation to a matte finish.

It's dry, dull and it oxidises. Wish I could return it. I don't know why I ever stray away from my beloved MAC Face and Body.

on 7/10/2015 9:21:00 AM

I did a bit of research before buying the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hour foundation. I wanted a foundation that covers but also gives a matte finish (oil control). First time I applied this to my face I used too much product. It did sit well on my normal moisturiser and spreading it over my face was an issue. It really did look awful.

THEN I tried it again by first applying a primer and then applying the foundation sparingly. It sits wonderfully, has great coverage, lasts the whole day and controls oiliness completely. When applying, first start with minimum. You can always add more when you feel you need more coverage.

I do use different foundations for different days, seasons etc. but I will definitely buy this product again.

on 7/7/2015 4:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Suitable for my dry skin. Does not go cakey. Enough coverage to balance out my high pigmentation. Lasts all day. Cheap. Bottle has a pump. Applies well with fingers and beauty blender. Have not tried a brush as yet. No SPF but it applied well over my Clinique Factor 40.

A long lasting foundation without the drying effect of ELDW (also a very good foundation but not wonderful for me).

on 7/3/2015 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is indeed very thick for a liquid foundation. I find the coverage to be very comparable to L'Oreal True Match, which I believe is medium coverage. Scars and blemishes are still quite noticeable. It feels thick, heavy and sticky on the face, especially after applying a second layer on problem areas. Feels a lot better after powdering the face.
I would prefer L'Oreals True match coverage and texture to this, though its more expensive.
Good foundation if you only have minor flaws- though same can be said for any foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I loved this when I first brought it, has pretty good coverage, doesn't dry my skin out (I have pretty dry skin) and doesn't sweat off like other foundations I've used. But recently it has gone a bit sticky. I still love it though and gives a nice dewy finish :)

on 6/28/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE for me. I have oily skin, but this foundation was so awful that i think it would badly affect everyone. First of all, it has a really bad, strong odor to it. Pretty sure anyone who stood next to me noticed it. And when i put it on my face, it felt like literal glue. It was SO STICKY, and it made my face extremely shiny right away, as if someone rubbed chicken grease all over my face. And this was only after applying a light layer. I will admit that it had pretty good coverage, but thats still not enough for me to buy it again. I threw it out right away!!