October 24, 2014 | 1689 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Satin Liquid

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Sagerina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OILY!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had an absolutely terrible experience with this foundation. There are practically no yellow undertones in the light shades, and they didn't match my skin well at all. I have dry, clog-prone skin, and this foundation clogged me up so much over the course of just a week, I spent 4 weeks trying to reverse this.

The texture is liquid mousse, it seems like a good thing initially, but when you put it on it's way too thick, doesn't blend easily, be it with a blending sponge or fingers. It's supposed to be moisturizing, but what it actually did was emphasize every imperfection, cling to dry patches, look cakey without even being layered, and after a few hours sit into lines I don't even have. I'm only 20 years old, and it made it look as if I have moderate smile lines and forehead creases. I have no wrinkles, but this caked onto my expression lines like nothing else. It also made my forehead very oily, and blotting just took the foundation off. Powdering was out of the question because it already looked very cakey.

I've tried many ways of making this foundation work for me: heavy moisturizing beforehand, no moisturizer at all, primer, no primer, oil-based moisturizer, water-based moisturizer, sponge, fingers, blotting, no blotting - nothing managed to make it look decent. And the coverage isn't even that good. Weak medium at most, not buildable.

The only positive things are the pump packaging and the fact that at least it isn't too expensive. I've tossed it in the trash, which I never do with makeup I don't like, I usually give it to friends who can use it, but I wouldn't "inflict" this foundation on anyone. I've moved on to the Bourjois Healthy Mix, and I haven't looked back.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by RoniRamone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product for when I wear make up at night before I'm about to go out, because it does make skin look poreless and it doesn't have any SPF. A lot of people say it's bad for pale skin but I am very pale and I think it works great with my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Perksofdannielle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't remember how much this product was I think it was something like £8 and I was buying the maybellines bb cream and it was buy 1 get 1 free, so I got it for something like half price. My original foundation was Rimmel match perfection in shade 010 (the lightest shade) I have a very light skin tone. When I saw the maybelline foundation looking at the packaging straight away the shades all looked too dark and slightly oragnge, but I got it anyway because when I came back from holiday I would have a tan. I bought it in shade 004 I think it's called. It's a tiny bit darker than my skin but blended well it looks fine, when set with a powder has a great matte look, and when not a fresh dewy finish. I like this foundation because its a medium coverage and I like when my foundation feels like a mask I hate light coverage foundation. So if you want a nice high coverage then this should be perfect for you. Lastly I really like the packaging as you can see how much you have left and glass packaging always seems to make foundation stay fresher, I also love the fact that its a pump. I like to apply with my real techniques buffing brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by pretty1np1nk

made my face very oily and greasy looking! easily rubs off into clothes! wouldnt recommend!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by HollyKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was my first foundation so when I got it, I absolutely loved it! But as I look back, I realise I loved foundations, not this one. This was without a doubt the WORST foundation I've ever used. Where maybelline are good at eye shadows, they suck at foundations. It lasted about an hour before sliding off my face and going patchy. I don't have a particularly oily face but this made my nose appear like a grease bomb. Ew. It gives a beautiful finish for about five minutes though. If thats what your looking for..... :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are very pale, stay away from Maybelline foundations! I bought the palest shade and it made me look orange. It went really cakey, slid off my face and broke me out in spots. I have tried numerous Maybelline foundations and they have terrible colours for pale skin. Not recommended! Try L'Oreal True Match or Max Factor Lasting Performance.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MistyEyes172

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm very pale, but do tend to tan in the summer, so i find this foundation helpful in the fact that i do not need to change shades in each season, because my shade (004 light porcelain) suits both my natural and my tanned state. It has a good coverage, leaving the skin looking airbrushed yet natural and not cakey. the only reasons i gave this product a 4 is that it can be quite streaky if not blended properly and the staying power is not great. Other than that, i would recommend this to a friend

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by xSGx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product goes on well but throughout the day it's longevity isn't great apart from that it is a good product at a decent price

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by tyroneswifey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its a good product if you like a dewy finish, the coverage is good, but if you are pale I don't recommend it because it turns orange pretty quickly , furthermore, with all maybelline foundations they don't last very long but they give a good natural finish .