LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Imogen Rose

3.6

on 9/10/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Perfume Solid (10% perfume):

The solid lasts all day on me wearing close to the skin and quite strong. Its a lovely earthy rose yet very sweet and lush (excuse the pun!) with a green musky feel. The scent reminds me of the Lush scent as you walk into the shop. It has that baby powder vibe as the scent settles. Really love this one the most out of the solid range. Then my other favs are Karma and Tuca Tuca.

Hmmmm just put some on now after writing the review...

Spritzer (15% perfume):

I bought the spray version after being besotted by the scent of the solid. The spray is more complex and fresh than the solid.

A SA at Lush told me yest that the rose used for this is the same that Chanel use!?

Would love to re-purchase but sillage is low after a while (two hrs on me) and lasts longer on clothes. Worth purchasing because the quality is high and Lush do not test on animals. For these reasons i would pay the extra.

The Atomizer (20% perfume):

This is heavier than the spritzer which smells fresher, however once the atomizer's perfume dries down then its a lush honey rose but a note in this is heavier and heady. This lasts pretty much all day with close to the skin sillage.

Wish Lush would make the concentration labelling of the 10ml spritzer and 30ml Atomizer clearer - i only found out when i emailed Lush to enquire about this product.

In summary the solid is comforting for personal scent satisfaction, it is so pretty and innocent smelling.

on 4/19/2012 12:52:00 PM

I have the solid perfume of this one. I bought this along with Vanillary, Lust, and Karma solids, and I almost didn't buy Imogene Rose. As it turns out it's the one I think I like best!
I like Lush solid perfumes because they seem healthier/more natural than many mainstream fragrances (less chemicals).
Imogene Rose is the one that smells most like a real perfume, however, rather than "oils", which is why I like it.
It's also soft and subtle enough for work.
It's a powdery light tea rose to my nose.

on 4/15/2012 4:43:00 PM

I have it in the solid stick form. It smells like roses mixed with bitter, wet dirt...takes you through a just-rained-on-garden on a summer day. Lovely. Too bad the scent turns into plain baby powder after a short while...Not exactly my kind of smell but a can wear it on the right occasion.

on 1/23/2012 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not a huge fan of this scent. I tried it out at the store but didn't end up buying it. There's too many floral notes and ends up being a bit of an overkill (for my liking). I smell alot of rose mixed in with a creamy baby powder undertone. The lasting strength is reasonable (when applied at pulse points) and the small packaging makes it easy to travel around with.

on 1/21/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not really a fan of Lush's perfumes, most of them are much too overpowering for me. This is an exception. It has a wonderful sweet rose scent that airs out to a powdery light scent. The smell just makes me happy when I wear it.

on 1/12/2012 6:34:00 PM

I am not a huge rose fan but occasionally I take a rose turn so I like to keep one in my collection. If you like a rose soliflore that is powdery rather than jammy, then you might like this. It dries down to a very powdery, almost pot pourri rose on me that is quite pleasant. My favourite rose is still Lancome's d/c Mille et une, but this is a nice one to have around. I would buy again, but not the big bottle.

on 10/23/2011 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is like the smell after an APril shower, coupled with roses. It's not clean smelling so if you prefer that, you won't like this. I prefer rose oudhs to this simply because they are more longlasting with elegance. This is too natural smelling and bare for my taste... Sure it smells realistic but it doesn't have anything more than that. It's the difference between a plain pencil sketch and one filled in with watercolours... This is too plain for me but very nice nonetheless.

on 8/18/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Imogen Rose smells like the Lush store when you walk in.
A faint rose, floral blend, with some fresh earth, wild rose in the
garden. Casual scent. Very informal, not sophisticated or
pretentious. Update 5/2012: The rose is stronger now, possibly due to a new batch of rose raw materials. All of the solid rollup fragrances are fleeting though compared to the EDP sprays.

on 7/23/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Everytime I have a spritz of this perfume, my roomate says: I smell an old lady somewhere near !

But for me it's the most wonderful delicate fresh wild rose. Maybe I'm a bit to shy to wear it everyday, if I were alone everyday I would were it, just for me. My boyfriend doesn't like it, it's too strong for him. What a pitty.

I wish that I'd be brave enough for this perfume.

on 7/9/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I get a blast of very sensual rose--big, blossoming and earthy--and then the vetiver takes over. It changes further into what smells like a very expensive rose-scented powder, and eventually fades into faint honey-scented powder. It's a fast ride, at least in the concentration I have. As a note, I personally found the solid perfume to smell more like the base (beeswax? shea butter? something) than the fragrance.

Popular Fragrances