April 16, 2014 | 1660 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Gorilla Perfume - Imogen Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a fan of Lush's perfumes, most of them are much too overpowering for me. This is an exception. It has a wonderful sweet rose scent that airs out to a powdery light scent. The smell just makes me happy when I wear it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a huge rose fan but occasionally I take a rose turn so I like to keep one in my collection. If you like a rose soliflore that is powdery rather than jammy, then you might like this. It dries down to a very powdery, almost pot pourri rose on me that is quite pleasant. My favourite rose is still Lancome's d/c Mille et une, but this is a nice one to have around. I would buy again, but not the big bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This is like the smell after an APril shower, coupled with roses. It's not clean smelling so if you prefer that, you won't like this. I prefer rose oudhs to this simply because they are more longlasting with elegance. This is too natural smelling and bare for my taste... Sure it smells realistic but it doesn't have anything more than that. It's the difference between a plain pencil sketch and one filled in with watercolours... This is too plain for me but very nice nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Imogen Rose smells like the Lush store when you walk in.
A faint rose, floral blend, with some fresh earth, wild rose in the
garden. Casual scent. Very informal, not sophisticated or
pretentious. Update 5/2012: The rose is stronger now, possibly due to a new batch of rose raw materials. All of the solid rollup fragrances are fleeting though compared to the EDP sprays.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by arwenfruit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everytime I have a spritz of this perfume, my roomate says: I smell an old lady somewhere near !

But for me it's the most wonderful delicate fresh wild rose. Maybe I'm a bit to shy to wear it everyday, if I were alone everyday I would were it, just for me. My boyfriend doesn't like it, it's too strong for him. What a pitty.

I wish that I'd be brave enough for this perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I get a blast of very sensual rose--big, blossoming and earthy--and then the vetiver takes over. It changes further into what smells like a very expensive rose-scented powder, and eventually fades into faint honey-scented powder. It's a fast ride, at least in the concentration I have. As a note, I personally found the solid perfume to smell more like the base (beeswax? shea butter? something) than the fragrance.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is another Gorilla perfume that has a grand impressive opening that sort of just peters out.

I fell in love when I first applied this. It's genuine earthy rose aroma was incredibly pleasing and convincing. I thought this was going to be the first rose perfume I was really going to like. This stage only lasted about 30 minutes and then it became a soft powdery rose, which is great if you like soft powdery perfumes, which I do not. I will not repurchase this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:32:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

This is the first Gorilla perfume scent which I got. I was going through a rose phase where I wanted to use as many rose scented bath and body products as possible. Seeing the lovely description on Lush.co.uk, I decided to give this a try. I have to admit I didn't like the scent when I first receive this in the mail, I thought it was OTT. Then I tried this for a 2nd and 3rd time and now I am sold! Only complaint is, the tube which the solid is housed in, I cannot retract it after I push the solid out and I ended up wasting some of it, hmph...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am fussy about rose scents, but I am thoroughly enjoying Imogen Rose. It starts out smelling like dirt, rose, and powder. As it dries down, it becomes softer and more honeyed.

A very unique and wearable scent from Gorilla Perfumes. Bravo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by mg86

The creator of this scent says it comes to life on the skin - I kept that in mind after I took a whiff from the sample jar and was pretty disgusted. Curiosity got the best of me so I decided to spray a little on my wrist; lo and behold it was like stepping into a garden after a rainstorm.

Rose is one of my favourite scents, and I am thrilled with this fragrance because it breaks all the rose perfume stereotypes (ie that they are for grandmas or boring). It's sexy, loaded with pure rose oils, and best of all doesn't have any fruity notes. The other thing I like about it is how true the scent stays as it wears down - which admittedly doesn't take very long, at least in the solid format.

The big downside of this perfume for me is the solid packaging! I keep mine in a cool closet and it's melting. I bought some of the old Lush perfume tins and this never happened to them. I never finish my perfumes so I don't think I will buy this again, but if I do it will be liquid all the way!