October 31, 2014 | 875 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by zoeemiller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been buying tons of different foundations for about a year now, and I own more than I can remember - from NARS, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Chanel to Lancome, Estee Lauder, YSL.. the list goes on. But I had never found a foundation that fulfilled my picky needs - lasted all day, flawless coverage, natural looking, and didn't feel too heavy on my face. That was until, however, I came across the Geurlain counter less than a few months ago. I was intrigued by the beautiful display and snazzy names of products (yes, I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging!!). After playing around with the "Lingerie de peau" foundation on the back of my hand and seeing how pretty it looked, I thought I'd get it the colour matched and buy it for myself. This was very much an impulse buy, as I'd usually look up tons of reviews before buying any product, but I'm very glad I did purchase this foundation.
The first time I used it, I was just shocked at how luxurious and natural looking it was. The colour matched perfectly and it was literally undetectable on my skin. I have very much combination skin, with quite a few dry patches but also getting a pretty oily T-zone, especially in the warmer months. This formula just glided over any imperfections I had, giving a flawless, airbrushed finished with absolutely no cakey-ness whatsoever. I was shocked!
I was even more pleased when I looked in the mirror 7 hours later to see that my foundation still looked beautiful. Some of the coverage on my more problematic areas had faded slightly, but coming from someone who's never had a foundation last more than about 4 hours on their skin, I was over the moon!
I've been using this foundation for a few months now, non stop. I fall in love with it every time I use it, and it;s become very much a holy grail product for me. It would be 5 stars if it wasn't for the price. The packaging is also very travel friendly.
I would highly recommend this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Upon trying a sample, I can say that I like that foundation. It is fluid yet creamy , blends on nicely, and makes the skin look pretty. The color selection is nice..it is light coverage, but covers little imperfections nicely..I don't find it to have either a matte or dewy finish, it is satiny, quite natural looking'

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

After 12 months of testing and reviewing countless foundations from high end to drugstore, I can safely say I've found my top 2 foundations and this is one of them (the other is Sisley Phyto Teint Éclat Oil Free). They both have the properties I'm searching for in a foundation which are:

No need for primer or powder
Stays in place for a minimum of 10 hours
Provides a light glow without being shiny
Medium coverage

These 2 products tick all my boxes. As an added bonus, I don't even need a bronzer to darken them if I don't feel like wearing one as they are the perfect shade for my NW45-47 skin. (I wear #4 shade in both products)

Never again will I try and make an inferior product fit my needs...these do everything I need and more!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Claudiakao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried two samples of this foundation; it is a liquid foundation easy to apply that has a smooth nature finish plus the coverage is medium to full. it looks so fresh and beautiful when first apply but it oxidized so much just after few minutes. the shade I tried is 02 BEIGE CLAIR02 BEIGE CLAIR and I am light Asian skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by rosieflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! I'll post two reviews as I now own two colours. Important about my skin/ what I look for in a foundation:

Super oily - needs repowdering at least three/ four times in a long day
Some spots and redness but not that bothered about perfect looking skin anymore
Pink toned - I love love love pink toned foundations, prob the most important thing I look for

Rose Clair, 12: got matched to this in the store by a lovely Guerlain lady, but she didn't test out 13 on me like I asked! She tried this one and another one, but I did specifically request a rose toned one (some beauty salespeople... ugh). This did look good though, and as I always have a tendency to go for something too dark, and I've learnt from friends/ family's feedback that yes... I do tend to go for something darker than looks natural... I took this one. And it looks so beautiful on my skin... so natural but just that added luxurious quality. You know when people with good skin have that transparent, luminous quality? It gives me that, and I have to admit the pale shade really does look right on me and I think that's what adds to this effect.

Staying power: does need touching up probably once throughout a long day in addition to repowdering (bear in mind I have really, really oily skin), but it doesn't look cakey and the texture doesn't get messed up if you buff a little more foundation or powder on the top - big plus for me.

Doesn't oxidise on me! I think because it is paler than I normally go.

Anyway, then I got a tan this summer and after asking friends and fam decided this shade was actually slightly too pale for me now, and I hate the thought of looking like I'm wearing a white mask... so at the airport (Duty free yayyy) I picked up Lingerie de Peau in...

Rose Natural or 13: Love the combination of pink tones and tan tones! These foundations are a really lovely colour match for me, bringing out the best tones of my skin, so I think that's a big part of why I love it so much.

I actually really wanted to get the YSL Touche Eclat foundation in BR40 (beige rose 40) as I got a free sample of this and fell in love with the colour, but it is a really oily foundation unfortunately and would have just broken me out :(((((((((((((

So yeah for the summer, Rose Natural is my baby and I almost can't wait for autumn to roll around to start using Rose Clair again!

The texture of these foundations is sooooo weightless compared to what I'm used to (Lancome Teint Idole Ultra and Estee Lauder DoubleWear, these two I've used for a total of about four years now for their oil control/ long stay properties), but I'm tired of feeling like I'm wearing a mask and a thick layer of makeup all day, and this is a pleasure to apply because the formula is so thin and smooth.

Yes oily girls I do have to re-powder and on long days retouch this foundation but to me it's worth it to look so much more natural - the name is perfect for this!

If the colour is good for you, I would 100% recommend this to other oily girls. Thanks for reading and good luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down one of my absolute fail proof and favourite foundations in my stash - I have been using LDP for the last 18 months alternating with other foundations but often coming back to this one. I have used this every day for the last 12 days and loving it....

On my NC15 normal/combo skin, 01 Beige Pale is the perfect colour match - LDP seems a little lighter than other liquid foundations from Guerlain. I find the best application for this is 1.5 - 2 pumps (it is quite runny) - for a light to medium coverage that still looks like skin, and like to apply with a flat top brush or slanted flat top - Sigma or Sedona Lace brush. I have tried this with the BB or RT sponge but find it doesn't stay the distance as long when applied with a sponge. (Maybe because it is such a light formula to begin with the damp sponge sheers it out too much).

This foundation has good lasting power and easily lasts a full day. As it is winter here at the moment I have not been using powder over the top and finding I only need to do a light blot later in the day as it does not make me at all shiny. Without powder I am really loving the no makeup look this foundation gives - it just looks like really good healthy skin.

This will definately be a repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is perfect, if it doesn't oxidize on your skin.

When it's applied, the foundation makes my skin look perfect. It covers my pores and red areas due to past breakouts. Even though it's medium to full coverage, my skin still looks natural. The foundation also feels very lightweight and matte, without drying out my dry/normal skin.

However, within two hours the foundation oxidizes into two shades darker than it originally was, which I wouldn't mind if it didn't turn into orange. This oxidation didn't have anything to do with the weather or sun since I was in my office all day when I discovered what happened.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

About my skin:
Combination, with an extremely oily t-zone. Now that I'm in my mid-30's, I have some hyperpigmentation to cover, acne scars on my forehead from when I got adult acne post-pregnancy, and large pores on/around my nose. I am a light-neutral skintone, and aside from the aforementioned skin sins, have fairly smooth and decent skin.

I picked up this foundation in #02, which seems to be a decent match. I was testing also the #01, which was just a hair too ashy, so decided to buy the #02. There aren't a lot of color options in the Lingerie de Peau line, so very porcelain or deep-skinned ladies will likely not be able to find a match.

The bottle is nice - very luxe glass with a pump, and a metal-embossed cap. The foundation comes out very watery/runny, which would lead you to believe that it has no coverage, but in fact, it is almost like an eraser on the skin. For example, I am currently having some acne breakouts due to that time of the month, and when I tried covering them with the Chanel Perfection Lumiere (a foundation that I like and deem medium to high coverage) -- it sort of caked on them without covering them fully -- but LDP really swept on and covered them with no problem. I didn't even need to follow up with concealer.

The finish is a soft-matte, a little more matte than bare skin, but doesn't look made-up. It really is like lingerie for the skin - makes everything look better. I like to follow up with a bit of powder in the t-zone, and have used both the Guerlain Meterorites and Chanel Les Beiges over top, which seem to play well with LDP.

I have some oil breakthrough in my t-zone by lunchtime, but I have yet to find a foundation (even extremely matte or high coverage ones like Revlon Colorstay, Estee Lauder Doublewear, Lancome Teint Idole, etc.) that doesn't do that, so I didn't deduct a lippie for that. The foundation does have a candied violet scent, like many Guerlain products do, so if you are sensitive to scents, just keep that in mind. Also, there is SPF20 in this, which I haven't tested with flash photography, so don't know if there is a flash bounceback, etc.

Overall, a very wonderful foundation, and I have tried pretty much everything on the market. Some other foundations at the top of my list are Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk (I used shade 5) ,YSL Touche Eclat (I mix B20 and B30), and Bobbi Brown's new Skin Foundation Stick (which I use in Cool Beige.)

Hope that helps, and good luck! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Totski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a frustrating foundation for me. On the one hand, it finished beautifully, and lasted well. It wasn't picky with the method of application, whether sponge, flat-topped brush or fingers, it looked great. It's on the creamier side of fluid and had a pleasant smell. It held off shine by the usual average of 4 hours for me and lasted through most of the day, looking faded by afternoon.

The reason I wouldn't purchase it again is the shade. Alas, it is too pink for me (my usual problem with foundations, no matter how yellow the brand claims to be). I am Southeast Asian with the typical yellow coloring - between MAC NC25-30. I have LdP in Shade 03. It was a good match as far as lightness/darkness but not undertone. I imagine it will work well for neutral complexions, even more olive complexions but my neck didn't blend well with it. It is subtle but at this price level, I expect a better match.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by starburst860

I really love this product when you first put it on. It goes on so smooth and blends like a dream. In the morning my skin looks flawless. However... I have oily skin, so the downfall is that it doesn't last very long at all. I set it with powder, and within a few hours it's mostly disappeared from my face.
The coverage is also quite sheer for my liking, as I have old acne scars on my cheeks that I need more coverage for.

If my skin wasn't as oily, and it lasted longer I would continue to buy it.

Still on the hunt for my HG Foundation.

I would recommend for others though.