Guerlain 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.16 % - OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 3.00 %. OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYLTRIMETHICONE - DIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - MICA - PHENYLTRIMETHICONE - SILICA - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ACRYLATES COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE - STEARIC ACID - SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINA - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE - LECITHIN - TETRASODIUM EDTA - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - HEXYL CINNAMAL - SERICIN - HYDROXYCITRONELLAL - BHT - CITRONELLOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - HYDROLYZED LINSEED EXTRACT - SORBIC ACID - [ /- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)] 051280

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13-15.

I tried this as a sample, because a Sephora SA recommended it to me during my "skin matching" session. I tried shade 02, which turned out to be a bit yellow and dark compared to my neck. My neck is NW10 haha.

However, I really do like the formula, for the most part. It is mattefying, but has a luminosity. I felt as though it blurs my imperfections. It photographs beautifully.

I do feel like it fades a bit during the day, though. The medium coverage I had in the morning had faded into light coverage by the end of the work day. Even without getting oily on my T-zone.

on 1/18/2015 11:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this foundation in the color 02 beige clair which on me is the same color as MUFE 118. The color worked great as far as matching my skin and it was very easy to apply. Just a little goes a long way and it gives a nice medium coverage. It did feel light on the skin instead of a heavy face of makeup which was nice. The down side is I felt like it settled into my pores a little too much and also made dry skin stand out more. This is so expensive and I feel like the MUFE performs better on my skin for a much cheaper price.

on 1/10/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I did not actually buy this product- I was given several samples of this in shade Natural Beige. The shade is ok for my skin but not olive enough: it is not pink per se, but ever so slightly pinkish. It looks ok on me but it doesn't match my neck. For this reason, when I wear this I have to use it on my neck as well.

---Positives---
- The texture is very easy to use- quick to massage into the skin. No tools needed!
- Looks very natural on the skin.
- Coverage is light but mighty- barely there feeling but skin looks perfected.
- Lasts surprisingly well.
- I don't own the foundation, but I have seen the bottle. It looks really nice :)

---Negatives---
- Contains a considerable amount of alcohol, which dries my skin out after a few days of using this.
- Heavily fragranced of flowers.
- Poor colour selection.

I would buy this foundation in a heart beat if it didn't contain so much alcohol.The amount of alcohol it contains makes it quite dehydrating for my skin. I am very concerned about the health of my skin. I find using a foundation like this would be counterproductive- what is the point in spending a lot of money and time looking after my skin if I am dehydrating it by using this foundation? I could buy it and only use it once a week, but to me it doesn't justify the investment. So I prefer to look for something else. Especially taking into account that even though the shade is ok, it is not a very good match for me.

Overall this is a nice foundation but it doesn't work for me due to the alcohol content. Shades are limited. On the plus side, this feels like nothing on the skin, and makes skin look fresh and perfected in the most natural away... Please Guerlain, make this without the alcohol and in more shades... : D

on 12/31/2014 5:59:00 AM

Wow, I was definitely impressed by this product when I bought it. The colour match was absolutley perfect and the finish is spectacular - I've been complimented several times and asked how my skin looks so naturally perfect, as if my foundation wasn't even there. I absolutely adore the look of this, and even though I generally need to blot the oil on my T-zone after 5-6 hours, it still wears well throughout the whole day. It fades evenly and neatly when it does begin to wear off, no streaks & patches for me! It does seem to have gotten darker since I got the colour match, so I suspect some oxidisation, but nothing so drastic that I can't wear it. The packaging design is beautiful, but as per my usual complaint about glass bottles, it makes it very hard to get any remains of the product in the bottle, so there ends up being some wastage. It does look worth the pricetag though, and despite its hefty price, I'd say it is well worth the plunge if you're struggling to find a matching foundation.
The texture is beautifully smooth, it glides on and sets nicely - definitely not heavy, and although the feeling of foundation is rarely an issue for me, it's definitely velvety & even quite pleasant. If your skin is really oily, however, I'd say be more cautious, because it just about works on my fairly oily combination skin (definitely needs a primer).
Another note is that I have quite sensative, breakout-prone skin, so foundations normally make me a blotchy, pimply mess, but this one seems to have kept my skin fairly calm and alongside my usual skincare regime, my skin is in much better condition than when I was using Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet.

I'm going to branch out and try Tenue De Perfection because I think it will suit my oilier skin more, but I will definitely come straight back to this if it doesn't prove better!

on 11/13/2014 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Nope no good for my aging normal dry skin. This went on heavy and looked like Lancome's teint miracle. Medium coverage all the way and the color I chose went peachy pink in a hurry. It was 03 for my nc25; 02 was way too pink. I didn't like the scent either. Will stick with my MUFE face and body. So far that looks the most like skin for me.

on 11/11/2014 6:00:00 PM

I was searching for a foundation and I saw the good reviews of 'Lingerie de Peau' ,and honestly it come as no surprise for me. I really love Guerlain products. I took a sample of it in shade 3, and oh god when I tried on my skin I fell in love. It has really light and pleasent smell and it blends sooo well on the skin that one can hardly say that you have a foundation on. However, it is not good for oily skin, and If you do have, you might have to re-touch it with powder during the day. It's a bit pricy (53 euros in Germany), BUT it is TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY! One pump covers my face entirely. The packaging looks very fancy and luxurious. Definitely on of the best foundations I have ever tried.

on 11/1/2014 4:59:00 PM

Pale girls beware!!!!! Not for you. This oxidizing into a tan/beigy color which I cannot wear, it makes my skin look old color wise. If this didn't turn dark it might be great. Had to return. I have very pale golden skin tone.

on 10/31/2014 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

At my advanced age, well over seventy, you would think I was past looking for the ultimate foundation. No way. I received a sample of this from Sephora and was amazed by the coverage and at the same time the natural appearance and feel of the product. I just looked a hell of a lot better than usual, and by "usual" I do not mean barefaced; I mean wearing a tinted moisturizer or another collected foundation. I finally bought it in Sephora in a good shade for me, O3, beige clair.

I am not saying that my search is over, but this is the best so far. (And "so far" is a lot of years!) . I wear a serum and serious moisturizer underneath, yet this foundation is still pretty matte, something fairly new to me. I used to go for foundations that made me glow. Suddenly this looked more natural, and I figured out that my natural appearance did not glow, so why should I glow with foundation? I mean, I am not going to look suddenly youthful by glowing!
So here is what convinced me:

Update: Having been wearing this for a while, on and off, I have noticed that the foundation has a tendency to turn pinkish, particularly at my jaw line where it is most noticeable. It goes on as a light to medium beige, but somehow it changes tone over time. It may be that what I am looking at is a function of my skin variation more than the product, but nonetheless, I have to reassess my earlier enthusiasm. I think I am giving up on foundations and staying with tinted moisturizers.

I was in a fancy pharmacy on the upper East Side of NYC the other day, asking about a foundation they carried that I had never heard of: Exuviance. Oh, said the salesgirl, you don't need that; it is much too heavy for you. YOu just need a tinted moisturizer, if that. I was confused for a moment but then corrected her. "But I have foundation on now," I said, "so how would you know what I needed in the way of coverage?"
"You do?" she said. "Well stay with that one, whatever it is. No one would think you were wearing anything." And Guerlain was covering a lot of skin imperfections, let me tell you.
Nothing big, but this stuff had smoothed over a lot and still was imperceptible. I'd say that was worth five lippies.

on 10/26/2014 1:42:00 AM

Holy Grail! Love Love Love. It looks like full coverage without the cake look. Color match was amazing for me which is one of the main reasons why I also love it to death. Amazing. Try a sample! Your skin will literally glow.

on 10/24/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've got very oily skin so I've spent ages and countless dollars trying different long wear foundations that still don't last on me more than a few hours. I've come to the conclusion that, if nothing is going to last, then I'll wear something that looks great while it is on. This foundation is what I've settled on. Even though I'm oily, It still lasts a fairly long time on my skin. I'd say it goes 6 hours or so before it fades a bit. It doesn't break down anywhere, which is great, after those 6 hours it still looks lovely on the skin. This foundation has the most gorgeous texture of any foundation I've ever used. It feels like liquid silk going on, it had just the right amount of coverage and gives the skin a nice softened look once applied. My skin even feels soft and satiny to the touch with this on. I generally apply this with my fingers then go over it with a damp Beauty Blender just to make sure that everything is well blended. I have this in the color 12 Rose Clair, which is surprisingly a very good match for my ~NW20 skin. The bottle is heavy glass that looks pretty sitting on my vanity and the foundation itself has a very pleasant smell. I purchased this off eBay for $35 so the price was excellent. Though I'd probably flinch at buying it again at full price, I may just because this is the most natural and gorgeous looking foundation I've owned.