September 19, 2014 | 1824 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Logan

This cleanser was thick and creamy, not foaming. It was hard to rinse it completely off. It was moisturizing. My face felt comfortable after washing. I won't repurchase though because it caused my skin to break out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

After falling in love with the Garnier moisturizers and dark spot corrector, I decided to try this face wash. Previously, I was on Acnefree and before that i was using the Neutrogena clear pore cleanser mask. Those were alright, got the job done. I always remove my makeup with cold cream before I wash my face, but I never felt like my face was clean enough. This cleanser gets every last remaining particle of makeup/dirt/oil without making my skin feel stripped or dry. Its an amazing cleanser, Im glad I switched over!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have somewhat sensitive skin, especially when it comes to harsh ingredients in cleansers. It seems like I can never find a cleanser that does exactly what I want it to do, which is to remove ALL my makeup at the end of the day, not leave my skin feeling dry, and not irritate of course. This is one of the very few cleansers I've tried that actually does what I want it to. It removes all my makeup, even when I'm wearing my long-wearing foundations, and removes all my eye makeup! It leaves my skin feeling soft and not stripped or dry. And I've had no skin irritation whatsoever. I'm not quite sure why they say it's a foaming cleanser; it's much more of a mousse-y cream to me. I don't get any foaming action but that doesn't bother me at all. It has a pleasant smell and does leave my skin feeling refreshed and cool (but not in that irritating menthol-y way that so many others do). It's very affordable and a little goes a long way! My one and only complaint about this product is that you HAVE to be VERY careful not to get it into your eyes! It will burn the you-know-what out of them if you do. Sometimes even if I'm sure not to get any in there, just having it around my eyes will make them burn a little. Doesn't sound real pleasant, I know, but you can either use a separate eye m/u remover, or just be very careful with how you use it around the eyes. I have already gone through two tubes and will definitely keep repurchasing! I love the whole Moisture Rescue line. I wish they'd add an eye cream to it!

ETA: After going through three tubes, I have stopped using this facewash. It just burns my eyes way too much and I don't feel comfortable using something that has that effect. I honestly feared I was causing damage to my eyes. I loved everything else about it and I'm sad that I had to stop using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyLov3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As you can see, I have normal skin. I personally can't believe this product has bad reviews. It's thick and creamy (Which I like) and when I wash it off it leaves my skin so soft. Another thing I like about this product is that a little goes a long way. I was surprised at How much I got for a cheap price at Dollar General. I paid 3.25 (I had a manufacturer coupon with it) Overall, it's a lovely product. It will always be apart of my Face cleansing routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Written 9/11/12
OK so I just got this cleanser because the store didn't have my usual cleanser, but since lately my skin's been needing that extra boost of moisturizer, and the packaging on this said "foaming" I decided to get it on a whim since I have been meaning to try Garnier products.
I had makeup on since 7AM til I got home tonight at 10PM, and this baby took every lil zinch of makeup off. I dotted my face with the cleanser, and it reminds me of the consistency of the Olay Foaming. I use a facial scrub sponge lightly to get my makeup off, and it didn't really feel any foaming action going on while I was cleaning my face. But when I used my toner, not a thing was on that cotton ball. My face felt, still feels so soft and smooth when usually it feels dry even after I moisturize once I get through my facial routine.
I'm loving this product so far! I'll update if anything changes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Uhhhh yeah....no. This cleanser was a big negative for me and it only took one use to make that determination. It smells kind of nice and did remove makeup but that's exactly where the goodness ends. The cleanser comes out of the tube as a milky colored very thick and gummy cream. The gumminess lingers on the skin even after rinsing several times and left my face feeling extremely dry/tight which translates (at least for me) as STRIPPED of moisture which negates the entire premise of the product and the claims to begin with right? I need to just suck it up and pay $$$ for what I really like which is Boscia Black.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ilexmith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this on vacation because I'd forgotten my regular cleanser (cerave), the tiny store there had none and the garnier's packaging seemed very packable. HUGE mistake. This cleanser smells awful, very chemical, almost like old school hair spray. It stung my skin and eyes (just from proximity, wasn't in my eyes). As to the moisturizing, it did the exact opposite, leaving my skin feeling tight and burned. Awful, awful awful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by tsfoster

I keep coming back to this as my daily facial cleanser. I use it in the mornings only (I use Boscia Makeup Breakup at night). I like to work the cream into a foamy lather in my hands before applying it to my face. I find that this helps in rinsing all of the product off my face.

I have combo skin and this does not leave my face tight or oily. No, the cleanser alone is not going to moisturize your face - you'll need a lotion for that. But, you're probably applying one anyways. :) This cleanser does a great job of cleaning out my pores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it. Removes every trace of makeup, even indelible liners without hesitation. Cream foams slightly but not crazily. Rinses easily and thoroughly without leaving a peculiar residue. Pleasant non lingering scent. I love the tube container which enables me to allot the amount of product I want and not what the manufacturer wants me to use. No irritation, tingling or tightness experienced. Will repurchase unless the manufacturer alters the formula. Significant quantity even for the DS price. One lippie removed for IMO fugly green label packaging. Considering how elegant this product actually is the label design/color is rather juvenile.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It doesn't take much to make my face feel dry and tight after washing it, before my moisturizer. I'm talking washing with water only will do it. So when I read reviews and people complaining a certain face wash does it...I'm always thinking, what have the used that didn't. Now my face doesn't feel no where near as tight as usual face washes do. Even cetaphyl makes it feel that way. I'm so please with this..I don't believe anything I could wash my face with would be able to make it NOT feel tight...but this one is so much better then all others