April 23, 2014 | 865 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Gorilla Perfume - Lust

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a bit of a weirdo when it comes to fragrances. I gravitate heavily toward incense, patchouli, dirt and tobacco fragrances but I also have a soft spot for lush green rose scents and jasmines so indolic they make you swoon. Come to think of it, my ideal scent would make me smell like a church graveyard after the rain. Anyhoo... Though I wear scents to please myself, it never hurts to get a compliment or two and sweeter scents garner the most enthusiastic responses. In order to find a good summer scent that satisfied my craving for jasmine and something sweet but not TOO sweet, I purchased the solid perfume of Lush, not entirely sure I'd like it on my actual skin. Happily, I enjoyed it quite a bit. The smell is both sweet and tart and the jasmine prevents it from smelling like I rubbed candy on my body. It isn't as suffocatingly indolic as I like but maybe that is for the best anyway. It is still sufficiently jasmine-y and possesses a weirdly addicting quality. I love getting whiffs of it and my SO absolutely adores it on me, so that is a bonus. Two things I don't like about it: the solid perfume, when applied, doesn't seem to last very long in humid hot weather but in dry heat, it lasts until the next morning. Obviously, the sillage is also low but it's a solid, duh. It also stains so one must be very careful when applying. Because I like the solid so much, I am thinking about buying the spray as a gift to myself.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a hilariously bad perfume on me. I like jasmine but this is not the sweet warm creamy jasmine on me, it is sharp and just off. Maybe it is my chemistry, not sure. This is the only perfume that my boyfriend has ever disliked on me, so if you are looking for something that all men love, this might not be it. And he likes jasmine! I think the off part of it might be the ylang ylang.The best quality of it is the lasting power and strength. I used two sprays and it was very strong and lasted all day. So try before you buy, and if it works for you, congrats, you have found something with lasting power that is pretty affordable!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

You have to really like jasmine in order to love this. I personally can't handle this at all it's too strong and it can be overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

This is full on Jasmine - if you like Flying Fox (which is a personal fav. of mine!) you will love this fragrance. It lasts most of the day.. goes on a little strong, but settles nicely. I adore this perfume.. will buy it again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by blushed2003pics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love jasmine but this is too strong.
Love Godiva shampoo bar and that's why I got Lust.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

I have been falling in love with so many of LUSHE'S scents and products... but this is NOT one of them. I usually adore the smell of Jasmine, and although that's what Lust supposed to smell like... I don't get that note at all here or like this product. In comparison to other LUSH scents, I much prefer Karma or Dirty... both are heavenly. Lust has a sharp note which is not pleasing to my nose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I got this because I was in love with the flying fox shower gel, and was told Lust is very similar in scent. And it really is! I got the solid perfume because I figured I could carry it around in my purse, and could subtly reapply it when I was out without people noticing. I personally am very happy with it, but some people hate it! My father smelled it, not knowing it was on me, and asked my mom if she had "stepped in something". He said the smell reminded him of a urinal cake, which I guess is something they have in mens public bathrooms? Anyway, not a pleasant comparison, and made me think twice before wearing it again. The smell is very strong, which I love, and the staying power is good. It's kind of greasy, I only use a little though, it goes a long way. The label on the packaging just kind of rubs off, and I wish it was a twist up rather than having to push it up to get to the product. I love the concept of solid perfumes, probably won't repurchase this though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

This is my favorite scent from Lush. So much so that I have the soap, perfume and the Lustre shimmer powder. I am obsessed with jasmine and it's hard to find a scent that really smells like actual jasmine in bloom. As others have said it is a dirty jasmine scent, that is what makes it so sexy instead of just pure and lovely. Right now I only have the slim vial (purse size) but I plan on purchasing the large bottle and refilling the vial. I usually get about 3 to 4 hours of wear with this, that I can pick up on, so I like to carry it with me and reapply it. It's not my everyday scent, but it makes me feel feminine and pretty when I wear it and I love the way it smells. Definitely pick this up if you love jasmine. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because I wish the scent lasted longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this scent based on my love for the scent of the Godiva shampoo bar. I should have remembered the reviews cautioning the potency of this scent. I read many that suggested putting it on while you are getting ready as the initial blast is quite strong. LISTEN to them. I was THAT girl. The girl with the dragon tail. I made the mistake of putting two squirts on. Maybe three. I went to pick up lunch and the girl ringing me up started gagging, coughing and had to step away from the register. I can tell you guys this because I care. You only need ONE light squirt, held a foot away to get the honey flowered sex bomb effect. After a brief moment of pee, this turns to sugared jasmine and then my chemistry pulls out the patchouli. After a bath using Lust soap, a light dusting of Silky Underwear and a mist of this, my husband tells me I smell like a rose bush. I will take that, it is better than "smelling like the litter box" (Lancome's Miracle) or a "hamster cage", (MAC's Turquatic).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since other reviewers have explained Lust's composition, I'd like to offer a review on the scent's effect on people's...dispositions.

Received two workplace responses (stated below to 99% accuracy) to this scent which reflect almost all male/female reactions to me when I'm wearing it.

Female 1: What are you wearing?

Me: LUSH's Lust.

Female 1: You smell like candy. Like a sweet tart.

Me: Central notes do include ylang-ylang and jasmine.

Female 1: Yeah, ok, I smell cheap candy.
Female 2: It's kinda...too sweet or something.

Me: Noted.

Female 1 (out of earshot of Female 2): What's the name of it again?

Male 1: What...do you smell that?
Male 2: It's like flowers and honey...some sort of...
Male 1: They're blue. I smell this flower outside of my bedroom window.
Male 2: Violets, lilacs, I smell jasmine...
Male 1: Yes, lilacs. Are you stalking me?

Me: How so?

Male 1: I swear, I smell this every night before I go to sleep.
Male 2: You're not very good at this, are you?

Myself and Male 1: I'm [you're] not supposed to leave a trail.

You can likely imagine the simultaneous emotions emitted by the people who smell me. Women = 75% miffed curiosity, 15% repulsion, 10% tell-me-the-name-of-that-scent-or-I-will-hunt-you-down.

Men? 75% muffled carnality, 15% feigned repulsion, 10% I-will-hunt-you-down.

It should be noted that these responses transcend socio/economic barriers. The men at work? The VP and a Director. Should have known better. Lust is a strange mistress, no?

This scent is not meant for people who cannot carry it off. Regardless of whether or not someone likes it, almost everyone who has encountered it says it's to some degree, loud. Almost ostentatiously so. I'd almost say Lust is a bit polarizing in that you either adore it, or it's just too much.

Suffice to say, this is one of my signature fragrances. LUSH nailed the combination of frenetic flirtation and simmering sexuality.

There's another fragrance they made, however, which is the yin to this yang. If Lust is a Porsche ride to a pulsating rave? Cocktail is a chauffeured Bentley to a sultry jazz club. One evokes reactions of those seduced, one is conducive to the seduction itself. Hard to explain, but understood when experienced.

LUSH's perfumiers are immensely underrated.

19 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No