September 22, 2014 | 1938 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by orangeinsanity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this stuff. Keeps my face moisturized during the winter! If you are lacking water moisture in your skin this is going to make your skin feel lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by tayaferriss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does a decent job at moisturizing and it smells really good but It broke me out like crazy! And it makes your face feel disgustingly greasy when you put it on. I would not recommend if you even have mildly sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by kimreztituyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great moisturizer for oily / combo skin! Lightweight, smells amazing, & sinks in quick & doesn't add too oily ness / shine. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

I'm a garnier junkie. I love their skincare products. Even some of their hair products. I use the Blackhead Eliminating Scrub w/ charcoal and I love it and I use the moisture rescue gel and I LOVE THIS. I use it in the morning alone but at night when I need more moisture I'll use it with a heavier moisturizer. I'm on my 3rd jar. It made my skin really smooth and it has even out my skin tone. It's really cooling and soothing. I have and will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Carlyl0vesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I couldn't figure out why my acne has been returning. I had clear skin with a bit of scarring but for the past week the acne returned. Turns out it was this product, the only thing that I changed in my routine. I guess the alcohol listed at the top of ingredients is not kind to my skin. I've had no trouble with cetyl alcohol,which found in most moisturizer because it is a fatty alcohol so it is not irritating to the skin, and in fact can be beneficial for those with dryer skin types. Although the alcohol listed in this product is ethyl (denatured) alcohol which is extremely damaging, I knew this but went ahead and bought it anyways because of good reviews, I should have known better. My skin felt extremely moisturized at first, but through out the day or even an overnight use, I can tell my skin is dryer than it was before. Overall, I'm disappointed in this product and will discontinue using it as it has done some damage to my skin. This will be going back!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MissCloud9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It makes your skin rather smooth and it feels refreshing. However, it made my nose somewhat oily after awakening and caused a few breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is exactly what I was looking for - a nice light nighttime gel that would moisturize yet still not feel overwhelming for the Summer nights we have in Florida. This encompasses both of those requirements. It's light, refreshing, never stings my eye area, yet it gives the right amount of moisture. It's compact, which means it's great for traveling and for storing. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I'm sold, it's going to be my go-to for the next few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by fychen

Like some reviews have mentioned here before this product is very much like the Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief from Clinique, only this moisturizer is so much cheaper!!! This thing is awesome if you combo/oily skin. It's so light weight and does not feel greasy. My skin absorb it very quickly. It's perfect for summer! Both my husband and I use it everyday. But I also use a thicker, anti-aging moisturizer at night. This product does not break us out and you just can't beat the price. I also enjoy the light cucumber scent it has.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

This product is VERY similar to Clinique Moisture Surge Extra Thirst Relief, but at a fraction of the cost.

This stuff is the BOMB! I have combo skin type that's more toward oily, and prone to breakout. Regular facial moisturizers feel greasy and nasty on my face. This stuff feels soo fresh and like its name, refreshing and the perfect amount of moisture.

It smells really, really good. Like a clean, fresh scent. Also, I love the packaging. the heavy glass jar feels quality and not cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm quite a fan of inexpensive drugstore moisturizers. When I stopped using ponds b3, I decided to look for something to suit my skin as the weather gets warmer. I've not had much luck with gel textured products in the past, so I had doubts about this. Been using for two weeks, morning and night and I really enjoy it. It sinks easily into my skin and provides a good base if i choose to wear foundation or just apply powder. I don't mind the glass packaging but I do not like that it is in a jar. That's unhygienic if the product is not taken out with clean fingers. (I use a cotton bud). Other than that, price is great and so is function!

Ps. My skin is normal to slightly dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No