July 26, 2014 | 1754 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by danger_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lucerne-tainly look pretty but you were hard to work with! So runny and all over my skin. This is graphite with green, purple, blue foils. Easy two coats, thank goodness because that's all the mess I could stand to deal with.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by sparklecakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never come across another shimmery OPI shade that applied so well. I was nervous about it streaking, but it goes on so evenly that after only one layer it looked opaque.

I'm not a huge fan of the charcoal color, but it's growing on me. When sunlight hits it my fingers shine like a disco ball.

This is a good step in the shimmery direction for someone who is apprehensive like I was. Would buy again, just for the fact that it's a nice dark color that applies amazingly well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by LifeWithBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find when I am at a loss and stumped with a color choice for my nails I always grab this one as its just so bright and welcoming. So so so lovely and impressed with the application and results of the polish even after a few months of having it. no clumping yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by MadameWang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This polish is among my all time favorites! I was shopping with a friend who bought it and promised to loan it to me. As soon as I was done painting, I knew I had to have my own bottle! The dark charcoal is beautiful and the shimmer and glitter are sublime! It wears really well for me. Sometimes OPI polishes with similar consistencies give me terrible tip wear, distracting tip wear, but this one didn't! The next time I saw it on the shelves, I picked up my own bottle =)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LolaRoxie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Violet

This is such a pretty color. I got this as a stocking stuffer from my mom for christmas. Its a great gunmetal gray with slightly lighter gray sparkles. In the light the sparkles tend to lean towards blue. I've worn it for at least three days now and only one slight chip occurred! I would totally buy this again! Thanks mom!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by aksaiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OPI was right to put marvelous in its name because that is exactly what it is. It is a a beautiful combination of slightly darker than gunmetal base infused lots of fine silver, (and less of) pink and green glitter. I should note that in majority of the lightings, the pink and green glitters don't show up very well, revealing only the dominant silver glitter. However, I was lucky enough that the lighting at the Ulta I was visiting happen to have the weird lighting which reveals its multicolored awesomeness. I've read in reviews and heard of others suggesting it as dupes of some Chanel polishes. I shall debunk two such myths here.
1. Graphite: The only thing that they have in common is that they contain glitter and are darker than a normal silver base. Otherwise, they have nothing in common. The base for LLM much much darker and closer to black while Graphite is like a slightly darkened silver. Graphite has pretty much only silver and gold while LLM has silver, pink, and green.
2. Black Pearl: The most unique thing about either polish is their finish, and these two polishes aren't even classified in the same finish family. Black Pearl really does look like pearl, but LLM is straight up fine chunks of visible glitter. LLM did remotely remind me of Black Pearl somehow though, probably because they both have a dark grey base with green accents (but Black Pearl doesn't have the pink).
I'd also like to note the LLM reminds me SO much of the darkest color of the Ombrés Perleés de Chanel palette from the same Chanel collection as Black Pearl (which is a soft grey-black with silver, pink, and green in its pearly shimmers).
Like many have already noted, LLM applies like a dream, takes 3 layers to become opaque enough to sufficiently hide the VNL, and applies like a normal nail polish (and not a glitter, as we would expect).  Overall, I think it is a marvelously beautiful polish, and if I do finish it, I shall track it down and repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I borrowed this from a friend, because I was getting tired of the nail polish colors I brought with me to study abroad. I'm studying abroad in a country that does not sell OPI (only fakes). So she generously let me try her nail polishes. I chose to try this one, because it was metallic and that is what is in for fall right now. When I was applying it I loved the way it easily could coat my nails with just one layer. For best results you should put two coats on. The color is gorgeous at night. Your nails will sparkle with small glitter particles. You just feel classy. I ordered this at drugstore.com because I wanted it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Stunning gunmetal color with glitter. One of my favorite OPI polishes. Looks great on my skin!!! Would and will be buying again!!! Update... After trying numerous brands of grey sparkle polish this is still
my favorite! Not too light like most which seem too be like a light silver this is like a deep gunmetal and applies like a dream. Getting ready to buy my 3rd bottle! Love it!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i am just watching the polish in this bottle slowly vanish, because i use and love it so much.
it is a gunmetal grey, packed with fine silver shimmers, flecked with rainbow glitter that shows up properly in certain lights. it takes 3 coats for it to look completely opaque. 2 coats is fine if you are in a rush, but 3 brings it out the best as it hides your nails 100%.
this is a dark polish from afar, but when you move your hands around, the light captures the silver shimmers, and it looks metallic even from that distance. this never looks dull. for eg. i hate it when you buy a pretty nail polish, but then from afar it looks a little 'blah'! not with this.
this wears unusually well on me! i think it's because i apply 3 coats, and just the general texture of it. but this is not hard to remove, maybe a little bit harder than cream polish formulas, but nowhere near as impossible as glitter polishes/some other similar polishes.
do not buy this if you are looking for more of a silvery polish, and do not buy this if you are looking for more of an off-black.
i would recommend & buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only dark nail polish that I own I normally don't go for the dark colors, but I was wanting to try something different. This color is perfect it's a dark grey that's almost black. It has tiny metallic shimmer in it theres also hints of other colors in the glitter. It's also smooth on your nail so you don't feel the annoying chunks of glitter or anything. It's a very unique color I love it.