July 31, 2014 | 2020 users online

Hair Treatments - Proclaim Argan Oil - Hair Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by veiled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I have really been trying to take care of my unruly, 3a curly (with some waves), shoulder-length hair since I recently chopped 6 inches off. Whether it is having a really curly day or a flat wavy day, this oil has helped manage it. It gives it shine, moisture, frizz control and softness. Depending on my needs I will sometimes put a quarter size of regular conditioner over it for some added moisture and control, sometimes a golf ball size of mousse (suave curls one) or some ULTA brand curl cream. I like that the oil provides a nice base and my hair never feels dried out (which the curl cream sometimes could leave it feeling before). Overall, I recommend having a bottle of this on hand if you have curly, frizzy and/or dry hair. It makes for a great base or can be used alone depending on needs. It is $7 a bottle, but will last several months, so ends up being cheaper than the serum I was using (Organix coconut). Plus, when Sally's does a buy 2 get 1 free sale, I can stock up for less (3 bottles on hand will last a LONG time).

The only con to the product is the packaging. While I have never had a huge mess, I can see how that could happen if the bottle fell over or I poured too much into my hands. I wish it came with a pump like the Organix coconut serum! I'm actually considering using the rest of that up and pouring my new fave hair product into that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never tried the original Moroccan Oil having been completely turned off by the ridiculous price tag. But I've used the Proclaim brand argan oil and also the One 'n Only from Sally Beauty Supply and have been satisfied with both. I smooth a tiny bit through my ends after styling to prevent frizz and flyaways. The main ingredient whether it's the expensive brand or cheaper alternatives is silicone, so why pay more? The only thing I hate about the Proclaim brand is the bottle - it has a tendency to leak all over the place if it tips over.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Melannichka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very thick and wavy hair with oily scalp. I hate a lot of product but I absolutely adore this one! It leaves my hair so smooth and luxuriant, you'd think I spend a fortune. I quit using it once and my hair was awful. I won't do that again!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this about a few months ago and didn't shortly after. However after reading some of the reviews here, I thought to give it another try. I can't seem to shake off the medicine like musky scent. Also, I feel that it wears my hair down. I'm glad it works for others but just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Having gone through two bottles of the OG moroccan oil, I decided to check reviews for a more cost-effective alternative. My 2c hair loves oils, and this one by proclaim is no exception. It's lighter than the original, but the effects are virtually indistinguishable. My main complaint is the packaging, which sucks. It leaked all over my bag--I anticipated this problem and had it in a ziploc, cos MO did the same thing, but it's still annoying.

Of note: I recently got a huge bottle of macadamia nut oil at publix for about $13, and added a healthy amount of it to the proclaim--I'm seriously head over heels for this combo. Macadamia nut oil is extremely light, non greasy, and absorbs into the hair much better than any other straight oil I've tried (I used it by itself the other night, gobs of it, and was astounded by how it didn't leave my head a greasy mess, like coconut oil would.) The addition of the macadamia nut oil makes the ingredients of the proclaim extremely similar to a product called "macadamia natural healing oil treatment", which I've been wanting to try. It's sold at Ulta, and it isn't cheap. Anyway, I liked the proclaim quite a bit on it's own, but adding the macadamia nut oil sent it into HG status, so check it out either way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Works well, but be VERY careful about amounts - I have to use less of this than Organix Moroccan/Argan Oil and Fekkai's glossing oil. Imparts shine, inexpensive at Sally's - will probably continue to repurchase if I can't find my Organix.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by FayeFleurDeLis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smells amaaazing & makes my bleached blonde hair look super healthy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had dyed my hair blonde for over a decade and my hair was so damaged. I started using Aussie Moist Shampoo and Conditioner but my hair still needed help. Thanks to MUA HB I found out about this a rushed over to Sally's to pick up a bottle.

Figuring out how much to use is the key to get this work. My hair is just passed my shoulders and I really didn't have to use very much at all (about the size of a dime). I've since dyed my hair back to it's original color and have to use less and less of it. (I was using after every wash which was every other day, to now once a week) I found transferring to a travel size bottle with a pump has helped with dispensing the smallest amount with half a pump. I do keep it in my bathroom closest in a dark area since the new bottle is clear and not the dark brown packaging to help prevent the oil from breaking down.

I rarely blow-dry my hair anymore but when I do I love how straight my hair is when using this oil. Not pin straight like when I use an iron but it works out all of natural wave that on most days seems to have a mind of it's own.

My MIL picked up a bottle of the famous Moroccan Oil and I found that it was the same as this better priced product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

I was using One N Only's argan oil, but I switched to Proclaim because this softens my hair so much better! I absolutely love the musk vanilla scent, adore the teal packaging, and the price great. I got it on sale at Sally's 2 for $10. I looked up all the ingredients, and all are okay with me. Basically my hair feels and smells better with this. Proclaim makes great affordable products. I adore this argan oil! This works best for me on dry hair right before I flatiron it. Update: I prefer this to One and Only's Argan oil because Proclaim actually moisturizes my damaged hair and has completely improved the texture way more than one and only. I need all the softening and moisture I can get. Definitely holygrail! I'm buying this from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

I have had a couple bottles of the Moroccan oil brand stuff and the bottom line is this works better, this is cheaper, and the packaging is plastic so it is more practical. My hair dresser even said my hair felt very soft today and i have only been using it for about 3 days.

This is amazing it's nourishing, incredibly moisturizing , smoothing even strengthening ? which is weird cuz it has no keratin or proteins. It also gives the most amazing shine which again is strange because i don't find serums or creams provide that much visible shine i feel normally that sprays are better but this is better than any spray. My hair actually looks fake shiny, like barbie hair. again morroccan oil brand was really good but this is truly amazing,

( also i bought loma pertain because of all the good reviews a while back and i thought it was the be all and end all of serums and again its good even really good but it doesn't hold a candle to this. oh yeah and this is half the price and smells amazing not like grape medicine like the loma)