April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Tzarine Duo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

NARS eyeshadow duos are the only ones I use. They are easy to blend, very pigmented, and last all day for me without having to touch up (I do use shadow primer). Tzarine is a great alternative to an all black smokey eye. The colors are pretty buildable - and I can make the gray in the pan lighter or darker (day or night) It's not the most unique duo out there, but I find the colors pretty basic and flattering on most skin tones. I would recommend it to everyone because I have used it so many times. There's no way you won't finish this duo.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love eyeshadows! I usually do not care for the brand as long as they perform. For me, this one is great! so far, I really like all NARS eyeshadows that I own including this one. I gave it 4 out of 5 because I really dont care for the light, nude color in this duo. I love the steel grey and together they work fine but for me just feel as if the quality of the nude/pink color is chalky and not up to par with other NARS colors. Just my opinion. I would not buy again (this duo) and I think the grey shadow will work with any eye color with proper application. I have brown eyes, brown hair and feel this really brought out my eyes. Love the grey color. enjoy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This duo is beautiful for an ethereal silvery/grey and champagne look - I think it would suit fair skins and blue eyes best. I have dark brown deep set eyes and it comes out a little faded looking - the champagne adds some light but not much color and the blue grey isn't deep enough for a big punch. I wouldn't buy it again but keep working with it because it's so pretty. Maybe I need a deeper crease/v color!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by GinaTheresa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These colors are so gorgeous but they don't work for me. They would be beautiful on fair skinned blonds to create a very precious, sophisticated look. Like a rich snow fairy, so I guess Nars chose the perfect name! With my pale yellow skin (NC15), dark eyes, and black hair, the colors together are just too delicate. The shimmery nude was stunning, and I'll definitely use this as a highlighter with other looks, but the silver-grey turned into a light blue on me. (???) Both colors lasted all day with no smearing or fading.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by shimmering

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been looking for a grey eyeshadow that didn't turn out too dark or too metallic silver. This is it!! The beige shade on the left is a great champagne/ivory color. It blends beautifully with the grey on the right side of the compact. The grey is a medium tone that did NOT turn blue on me. The two colors can be blended together to create a lighter grey color that I like to wash over my eyelid for an all over color wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ankaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I totally love this duo. I'm not a big fan of Nars duos and actually this is a second one worth keeping (Brumes is the other). Colors are great for my blue eyes: lightat for the wash, the dark for my lower lid and adding depht to the upper one. The only complaint I have is the glitter in the darker color. Why Mr. Nars do you love chunks of glitter in your products???
Packaging: typical Nars.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The grey is gooooooooorgeous in the outer V for smokey looks! if you blend it out and use a light touch its also great for daytime. It brings out my brown eyes because it has blue-ish tone to it and golden sparkles. The sparkle inst overdone it's very subtle, doesnt really show up on my lids. The pigmentation is wonderful and the texture is smooth and buttery. Not too much fall out which is the problem I have with eye shadows that are soft. The other side is a yellow-ish, goldy, beige. I actually was somewhat disappointed by this side because I thought it needed to be more pigmented. It doesn't show up on my lids unless I really pack it on. Nonetheless it is a beautiful highlight and a beautiful color. I'd buy this again because it's a solid duo and the grey side is very unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Tempt

I agree with all of the reviews below.

Another hit from another Nars fall collection. This duo creates a very etheral, sophisticated look. You can easily wear this duo during the daytime and smoke it out with a bit of black for night time. The texture and finish of this duo is exactly what I prefer in eyeshadows...it's pearly,creamy shimmer...not the chunky glitter in some duos of past collections. I also have the Rajasthan duo...and have created looks from combinations of both duos...so eventhough some say they are similar...I don't regret getting both!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

Okay, okay, so I still want the Rajasthan duo even though it is similar to this one, but Tzarine is just gorgeous and versatile! No buyer's remorse here at all! The lighter shade is perfect as a highlighter and the darker greyish shade is just beautiful yet soft enough for an everyday daytime smoky eye - something I like for work. Blends beautifully and as always with my NARS purchases so far, excellent quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like the quality. Usually dark shades dont last all day, but this grey blends well, and stays all day. It is medium slightly silverish gunmetal grey. Light shade reminds me AAE shimmery, but has more silver/gold. Both shades have some unique sparkles that look really good on sunshine, like glitter that is not glitter. I think Tzarine suits well for fair skinned ladies.