April 18, 2014 | 1697 users online

Fragrance - Chanel - Bleu de Chanel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by rsmuskie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for my nephew for his 21st birthday. To me, Bleu smells like a clean, freshly showered individual. It's not flashy, it's not overwhelming. But it's everything a young man should be. Or aspire to be like. Were she alive today, I think Coco would have been very proud of this one. One day, my nephew will be older and ready for Pour Homme and Egoiste. And I will buy him those as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

All I know is when a man walks by with this, its like an aphrodisiac!! Goodness gracious lawd above! This cologne says "I'm a confident, successful, effortlessly sexy man with impeccable style and class." And if your a nice guy on top of it all, ill marry you tonight! ;)
No but seriously. Perfect blend of patchouli, citrus, and ocean salt. But must be worn lightly, because it is VERY powerful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by WentworthRoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes: bergamot, lemon, grapefruit; “deep blue sea” accord, peppermint, pink pepper, nutmeg, ginger, jasmine, cedar, vetiver, patchouli, labdanum and frankincense.

This fragrance starts with a citrus note on top of a well-defined peppermint note. Spices such as pepper and nutmeg warm and enrich the whole opening accord creating an aura of masculinity. On my skin the fragrance smells fresh but dry. The marine accord joins the other notes later, after roughly half an hour after application. As the fragrance progresses I smell vetiver and patchouli, as well as salty notes and woodsy notes. A hint of flowers lightens the earthy notes. Resins and balms add a welcome edge to the final stages of the development. Very masculine and classic throughout, this is a well-done fragrance but nothing outstanding. Lasts for six hours on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I bought Bleu de Chanel for my husband's 43rd birthday because he likes Chanel's Platinum Egoiste very much he's been through maybe 4 bottles of that. When I smelled Bleu I was immediately drawn to its lovely woodsy yet citrusy masculine fragrance. Bleu smells unbelievably sexy,masculine,sophisticated and can be worn all year round, excellent staying power like with all Chanel's perfumes.
Another excellent fragrance from Chanel, well worth the $80 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by vickypollard

Smells like everything else, nothing original or different about it. Sorry, but I expected something far better from Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Finally a new Chanel fragrance for men that is not part of the Allure series. Bleu de Chanel is a sexy woody fragrance for men. Notes include labdanum, nutmeg, ginger, sandalwood, patchouli, mint, jasmine, grapefruit, citruses, vetiver, incense, cedar and pink pepper.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by nobelprizeforshopping

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is basically Chance, tweaked for men, or at least to my nose. It improves after a couple of hours as the vetiver becomes more prominent but getting there really isn't pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont understand why people dont like this fragrance or find it uninteresting or boring. I always found Polo Black, allure, bvl citrusy scents to be very captivating, if Chanel wants have their own similar creation with Bleu, more power to them!!! citrus aquatic scents are some of the most sexiest scents on a man. I love this fragrance, I seriously hate some of the new pansy fragrances that have come out in recent years, I cant believe any man actually want to smell like a large cardamon or bag of patchouli all day. This is a citrusy scent, and yes its safe, but as a men wearing this, this is what I want to smell a man wearing it. I cant wait for my hubby to start wearing it. I would jump him everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by mg111

generally, i don't buy men's perfumes for my own use but i actually bought this for myself...i find this fragrance to be wearable by both sexes. on me, the scent dried down to a faint powdery finish. although it smelled different on my dad ( i guess it depends on the chemistry of the skin?)

i would definitely buy this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by colodon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Went with my son to buy a Fragrance for his 19th birthday, if he'd chosen purely by the display and packaging Bleu de Chanel would have been the clear winner and I have to say the initial blast was gorgeous, sadly it just didn't live up to to the promise after 30 mins on his arm,too sweet and strange!