August 1, 2014 | 940 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - oatmeal lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by AL21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best lotion I've ever used. Not greasy at all and truly does mosturize my skin and leaves it feeling great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

So hopefully I'm reviewing for the right product. It's the colloidal oatmeal one.

LOVE this, I would give it 10 stars if I could. My absolute favorite, favorite body lotion.

I have dry skin and in the winter time it can get pretty bad. I get scars all up and down my legs from the constant scratching I do because it gets soooo itchy from the dryness. Most lotions provide temporary relief, this one really lasts and it feels so good when you apply it. The lotion just sinks in and makes your skin super soft without that sticky residue that a lot of the super-hydrating lotions/creams tend to do (which I absolutely can't stand).

It doesn't have much of a smell either so for those who have an issue with smells, it shouldn't be a problem.

It's a little more expensive than other drugstore lotions you can find but sooo worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rob2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Struggled for years with dry hands in the winter and this is hands down the best for saving me from the painful cracking that comes with the cold dry air.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis or just chronic dry skin or sensitive skin this lotion is your best bet. I have psoriasis and it keeps my breakouts under control. It absorbs fast and keeps your skin feeling soft and like actual skin all day long. It's not greasy and doesn't have any residue and it's unscented and not full of unnecessary fillers. The thing that convinced me to buy it is the fact that oatmeal is listed as the very first ingredient which means it's pretty concentrated. I've been using this for about 6 months and this will probably be the only lotion I use from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by scubaair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried a lot of lotions and this one is my favorite by far. It is unscented so I can use it all over my entire body, right out of the shower. I go crazy if I have dry skin - CRAZY, and this product will stay with you all day long. It isn't too heavy, absorbs well, and is thick enough to actually moisturize dry skin. This is my daily go to favorite body lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by galactickim

I LOVE AVEENO OATMEAL lotion!

This is seriously the best moisturizer ever. I first bought the unfragranced one, and have also bought the stress-relieving lavendar. Both work equally as well, although the lavendar is a little strong so I mix it with an unfragranced and find it quite nice. I apply it all over my body except for my face. After application, my skin feels so moist, and guess what...? 24 hours later my skin still feels moist. It does not leave my skin feeling sticky or greasy. Just moist.

LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

After reading that straight male's review of this product, I may even try it on my face after I get through all of the rest of the creams I own.

Do yourself a favour and buy the oatmeal lotion (by the way, the store-brand ones aren't quite the same, so stay away, even if they are cheaper).

UPDATE: I've been using this for months and months now, and I guess my skin is getting used to it. I'm not finding it as moisturizing anymore. However, I've been adding a bit of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO - check out the reviews for that), and have been having great results. I've been mixing a small amount of EVOO with the Aveeno and have been using it on my face... and love it so far. We'll see how it goes over the long term...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

This product is called "Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizer -Fragrance free, with natural colloidal oatmeal". I used this stuff last night and my face is soooooooooooooo........................ soft ... and it's morning time! I love it, plus it's good for your skin! Check www.cosmeticsdatabase.com if you don't believe me! Anyway, i had researched this (i wanted a natural approach for a face care routine) and i had never tried it before, but i bought 2 bottles of this at walgreens (two 2.5 oz bottles). BEST INVESTMENT YOU COULD EVER MAKE!!!!!! :) I'M SOOO... PLEASED! FINALLY, SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN, NATURAL AND WORKS! ;)
edit: been using for over a week and still love it! very moisturizing and it DOES moisturize throughout the day! :)
edit: don't put on too much or your face will get oily, but still love this1

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by iq7195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wasn't sure which product was the oatmeal moisturizing cream, so I'm putting this in the lotion section, but a couple of years ago I went on a cruise around the Mediterranean and got severe sun burn to the point where I couldn't do anything, the pain was unbearable. Anyway I used this product and although it smelt a bit funny and was a little greasy, it worked wonders and helped relieve a lot of the pain and helped heal my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ImAstraightDudeDontWorry

Ok just to make sure... the product I'm reviewing is "Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion - Fragrance Free with colloidal oatmeal".

Lets also get this out of the way... I'm a straight guy (zomg, no waaay!?). I wanted a lotion I could use on my face (men need lotion too especially after a shower... I hate dry facial skin). So I researched the internets for hours. I wanted the best of the best!

This is it folks. There is absolutely no smell to this lotion, it is not greasy, and it does its job. Not to mention it just about has the LOWEST hazard score on http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product.php?prod_id=97802

Try and find a lotion with a lower hazard rating on that site that's fragrance free and works as well as this... don't waste to much time.

Don't be a noob, let this man beast let you know what's really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by jaycee33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was recommended to me after getting a tattoo. The tattoo artist told me the oatmeal would really help to heal my skin. He was right and I haven't used anything else since. It really does help my Michigan-winter dry skin and it does so quickly. It also doesn't have a fragrance, which I really like, and the price can't be beat.