September 17, 2014 | 1965 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Shimmer Eye Liner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mskittenmittens

I like E.L.F. products- most are good, as long as you choose wisely (look at reviews beforehand). This product received controversial reviews on MUA and glowing reviews on blogs, so I took the risk, and I'm personally very glad I did. I bought the eyeliner in Plum Passion (was that the name?), and it's a very pretty color, though it doesn't really fit the description of the color "plum" imo. It does not smudge all day; because this is super cheap, I kept wiping under my eyes throughout the day to check, and not a speck of purple! I like the packaging. The built in sharpener is a little annoying to clean, but convenient nonetheless. If you're worried about "freshness" (I could really care less), then dip the tip in rubbing alcohol for a minute or two to keep it clean, I guess. The only real issue I have with this eyeliner is the fading. At the end of the day, the color is lowered to about half the initial intensity, but I have a good primer that can probably fix this issue. And if it doesn't, no big deal- I'm just glad it doesn't SMUDGE! (unless you touch your eyes, otherwise it won't budge- even through water.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on a whim because I was in need of a new black pencil eyeliner. But I am sooo happy I did get it!
I love this eyeliner, this is an eyeliner I use everyday and it is so easy to use. Plus there is a pencil sharpener in the cap so if you travel you don't have to pack a seperate sharpener. I want to get this in other colors because this is such a great liner. And it is very easy to use as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by anabanj

I got all 8 colours. These pencils are not that bad if you want to use them under the lower lash line to add a pop of colour as a normal eyeliner. But the reason I'm giving it such a low rating is because these are called SHIMMER pencils. And they have absolutely no shimmer in them, NONE. I'm upset because that was the whole point of buying them, I already have all of these eyeliner colours and the only reason I bought them was because they're supposed to be shimmery. Also, I hate the packaging - while the sharpener at the top is convenient, it falls off so easily so I can't carry it in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Amberleeann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product costed me 1$. I got it in Plum Passion. I love this eyeliner, it works really well, easy to apply and says on all day. I love this eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by constash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeliner in two colours: plum passion and iconic ivory.

The first one I tried was the plum one. One has to press the liner really hard against the skin to get the colour to transfer to skin - almost to the point where you risk puncturing your eyeball. Went straight into the garbage.

The ivory one was slightly better for some reason, but the colour spreads out unevenly and the glitter is not very nice. Even though this liner is really really cheap, and has a handy sharpener in cap, it is more or less a useless product.

Do not buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This works great for a very subtle look. I like to look very natural, so this works for me. Only complaint I have is that the sharpener on the top is useless and it once cut my finger a little.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by xxmakeuplover123xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in white - I was in need of a cheap white eyeliner, and thought I'd give the shimmer liner a shot. It worked the first time I used it, and it all went downhill from there.

I think that using the small sharpener that came with the pencil actually ruined it - the sharpener got clogged, and there was white sticky stuff everywhere. As soon as I applied the liner to my eyes it would fade away, and even when it was on it looked very strange.

Overall, although I wasn't expecting much I was very disappointed with this product. I expected a little more from E.L.F., as their products are usually very cheap but not entirely unusable.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It hurts my waterline. Didn't leave any mark on either. When I tried swatching it on my hand, the line was very faint. Even dragging the rock-hard pencil on my hand hurted quite a lot. Wasn't creamy at all. Hate the cap that comes out with sharpener, I guess that's what makes the eyeliner hardens faster. I'll stick with higher dollar brands than this :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im very picky about eyeliners due to my sensitive eyes so being a cheap eyeliner i didn't think id like it much nor would i care if i didn't. After trying this though i'll say its ok. I bought Bronze & its a nice color, goes on not waxy or too creamy & doesn't bother my eyes. I like that it has a sharpener in the cap, even if the cap doesn't stay on tight. But this tends to migrate under my eyes sadly. Will only repurchase if in a pinch, id rather buy WnW ColorIcon instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by 16andFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this like 5-piece case of E.L.F. shimmer pencil eye liners. I was so disappointed. Not only was it extremely cheap, it was super waxy. It was a literal pain to use it on my bottom and top lids. The packaging was cute and the liners come with a sharpener-cap but the sharpener was more useful than the actual eyeliner