September 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Concealers - Shiseido - Natural Finish Cream Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer for blemishes. I use shade 2 and I'm normally Chanel B30/MAC NC25. It gives me great coverage and it blends seamlessly into my foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by vancandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this concealer, mainly because it was my first foray into Shiseido which is such an iconic Japanese brand. The SA matched me with shade 02 because 01 looked a bit gray in the store. Under the misleading and unflattering department store lights, it looked... Fine. Honestly I've never been able to tell if a product will work for me or not in the store: the real trial began when I arrived at home.

My first and biggest takeaway for the review: This concealer is NOT for people with pink undertones, or likely even olive undertones. It's quite yellow, and showed up orange on my skin. Not because of oxidation really, just because pink + yellow = orange. Not a hot look.

What I found intriguing is that one of the Natural Finish concealer's main ingredients is talc, which, as I'm sure you all know, is a one of the main constituents of powder. This put me in a bit of a quandary: I find that setting concealers with powder gives them a more natural finish, but in the Shiseido's case powder turned it overly matte and aging. It didn't settle into fine lines, but it did give my skin a dull, tired look that I was glad to wipe off at the end of the day.

So this product would probably be GOOD for people with oily skin, which I am not.

The staying power was excellent (ten hours strong), and it did a good job in covering up redness. I did find that the coverage was too sheer for dark circles, though.

Bottom line: I would recommend this product to young (or at least smooth and baby-soft), oily-skinned people with yellow undertones and faint dark circles who are looking for a pick-me-up. You may or may not need a powder to set it, so try it both ways. I personally didn't like it, but that's just because it wasn't the best fit for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed0327

I'm starting to like this now cause it gets to cover the red spots I've had from acne and the best thing about is is that I don't get breakouts from it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I rotate between this and MAC's pro long wear concealer. Its effective at brightening my under eye area and hiding the dark circles. It quite moisturizing for a concealer and blends well. It lasts a solid 6 hours on me without setting it with powder.

NC25/ I use shade 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an NC 30-37, bought the Med Naturel Shade 3. It's a great match and the formula is excellent under eyes as previous reviews attest. I was afraid it wouldn't work since I bought it online w/o trying but it has the right amount of yellow and beige for my tone. It doesn't cake or settle into lines and no matter how much I put on, it never looks unnatural. It is not as heavy as pot concealers but you can just put more on. I used this with a brush and fingers and I think I prefer my fingers to get better coverage. I will use my brush only if I need to get into grooves. It doesn't cover blue/ gray areas very well but I suspect it's not because of the formula but because of the color wheel negation principle. I have an orange matte eyeshadow I bought specifically for this purpose so I am going to blend a bit with the concealer and see if this will work. The primary reason I wanted a non-pot concealer is because the ones in pots are very thick and unnatural for the most part and does cake if not at first, eventually over time.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Maybe I got the wrong shade. I am an NC 30/35 typically and I bought this in Medium. I used it for two days and I think I'm going to pull the plug and return this. First off, I'm asian and the color does not have yellow undertones. At least not for my skintone. Instead, it goes on gray, almost like brown mud. Eww! I applied this to some blemishes and it looked like I got beat up because the blemishes look like purple bruises. I gave this 2 star rating because I think the consistency is ok. It is not creamy but instead liquid. But the formula is thick. Also, I like the tube. It's more hygienic. But this did not live up to my expectations. I usually use Mac Studio Finish and I think the color and the creamy texture works out better for me. I have not tried the Shiseido under my eyes. I would think it would be a little drying. But all in all, I think I am gonna return this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Loreixxa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This provides sheer to light coverage,not enough to cover really dark circles. It was somewhat drying and it accentuated my fine lines. I also found the color to be ashy looking, it's a very taupey color. For reference, I'm NC35 and light/medium was the closest match (the medium was too dark). It says it's a cream but the consistency is more of a liquid (hence the sheer coverage). I'm always trying out concealers because I have very dark hereditary circles under my eyes (skin is normal/oily) and I always go back to my regular HG which are the Bobbi Brown concealers and correctors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

I love this beyond belief. It has such a perfect matte finish that blends into my skin perfectly! My dark circles are completely gone when I use this. It's super creamy and blends really well. I'm not Asian, but the second shade doesn't look yellow at all on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

My HG concealer. Coverage is fantastic - I only need to use a tiny bit to cover my acne scars and blemishes. It looks very natural on and has fantastic staying power under other makeup.

The range of shades may not suit everyone. Luckily I am Asian and have a yellow undertone to my skin, so the medium shade works fine for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Ardybobardy

It is a decent concealer, it does the job but I find it a bit drying and the colour selection is a bit limiting. That being said it does offer good coverage but certainly not suitable for the under eye area, at least on me, far too thick,