Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense [all shades]

on 5/20/2013 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Holy batmancowpoop!

This is the HG warm pink I was looking for in MAC chatterbox but couldn't. So beautiful. So lovely. So elegant. So fun. So lovely with lip gloss. So moist. So long lasting.

I am betrothed to sir 38 forever.

It is so stand out on my nc40 in the classiest way. I look fresh, happy, with lovely whiter teeth and like a toned downed Barbie.

Please give this shade a name, something like "one pink to rule them all."

on 4/14/2013 9:14:00 PM

Very pigmented but I find it to be very drying. Even when I apply lip balm first I still find it drying out my lips.

on 4/9/2013 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have this in # 5 and I love this colour! Its very flattering on me especially when I want to look natural in my makeup yet have some colour to my lips. On me its a rose mauve shade that is not too deep.

Gave it a 4 because its very drying which happens with a lot of matte lipsticks. Just make sure to apply lip balm underneath. I'm NC30 asian with yellow undertones.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am reviewing #45, a beautiful cool toned red with a good amount of pink in it. This is MY FAVORITE red lipstick. Gorgeous and bright without overwhelming. Moisturizing and soft in application. I feel like it has too much slip, so one lippie off for that. I wish it was more matte, or at least satin finish, instead of feeling like heavily pigmented lip balm. But this literally is the BEST RED I have found.

on 2/2/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a huge MUFE lip product fan. I hate to reapply my lipsticks and MUFE make the best long-wearing stuff there is that doesn't gunk up on my lips after a few hours, leaving that dreaded white rim in my inner lips.

Rouge Artist Intense comes in 3 formulas (matte, satin, pearl) and 50 colours. I have 4 of these lipsticks, 2 in matte and 2 in satin. I will review each separately as the difference in formula is great. Personally, I would prefer the satin formula a little more. You need to have smooth (or exfoliated) lips to carry off the matte formula. My lips are not very pigmented so I can just go to any swatch website and the colour I see there will be close to the colour that appears on my lips. (These lipsticks are really pigmented) You can go to Sephora's website to try the MUFE lipstick shade finder for some recommendations.

First up~ the matte formulas. I have Mat 1 (matte flesh) and Mat 4 (matte antique pink). The descriptions don't suit the colour. Mat 1 is supposed to be a nude shade. I bought this only because the MUFE lipstick shade finder said it would be an ideal nude shade for me. Sigh~it is slightly orangey on my lips..not "matte flesh" as I hoped. Mat 4 is very bright pink (almost fuchsia) if layered on like a normal lipstick. If you have Aqua Rouge in Pink, you can skip this as the 2 colours are practically dupes for each other. When Mat 4 is lightly applied, it becomes a more muted (but still rather bright) rose pink. I like Mat 4 more than Mat 1 as I feel that it is more versatile. The matte lipsticks don't seem to get lots of love here but I like them as they last INSANELY long, longer than the aqua rouges. They are quite transfer proof due to the dryness of the formula. I put on a light coat of Mat 4 at 5.30 am and at 10 pm it was still there as it had stained my lips. I did not reapply at all and I ate, drank and talked as usual. I could only get rid of the lipstick using cleansing oil. I kid you not :-0

The satin formulas are less long-lasting but more moisturising. I have 23 (Satin Beige) and 30 (Satin Light Rosewood). 23 is a caramel brown nude shade that can be used as a neutral lip to offset heavier eye makeup. 30 is a versatile pink which should suit warm and cool complexions. I don't know why MUFE called it "light rosewood" as it has no hints of brown. It's tending towards medium pink but not barbie pink. These lipsticks get everywhere (unlike the matte formula). They will stain coffee cups etc but since there's so much pigment it will still last for at least 6 hours on me.

Overall, I think these lipsticks are really worth a try and I am looking forward to expanding my collection of these :-)

on 11/9/2012 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in #39 which is a very beautiful coral. This lipstick has a full blast of color with just one swipe. the bad thing about it is that its soooo drying. Tsk.

on 8/26/2012 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a fantastic product!!! I bought it in #50 (satin black) and it has been great. The color is incredibly opaque and requires no layering whatsoever; I'm not sure of the exact wear-time but it's pretty long-lasting, and will stay on through meals if you're careful. Application is *super* easy, I just swiped it on straight from the tube after lining my lips. It's not a very moisturizing lipstick, but it doesn't dehydrate at all either, and it doesn't bleed or crack or migrate to the edges of my lips like some lipsticks do. It is pretty expensive, but TOTALLY worth it (this is coming from the girl who mostly buys drugstore makeup!). A little goes a long way, so the tube should last you quite a while, and it's an absolutely wonderful product. MUFE also has a great selection of other colors if you don't go for black.

on 8/23/2012 1:28:00 PM

I have #30 which is like milky pink color & I have to say that light pink shades are not my favorite coz the color does not appear the same with my pigmented lips. I hate putting concealer on my lips just so I can wear light pinks coz it's drying & heavy. This is my first MUFE product and I was extremely impressed with this lipstick. Awesome pigmentation!!! This is my HG when it comes to opaque color which I'm always looking for in a lipstick. I love my lipstick to have same color when applied on lips & this is it. I can rock a cool pink now & thanks to MUFE! Creamy, lasting, pigmented, good packaging, No BS included! Just straight up professional product & this is a must for makeup artists. This would be the perfect lipstick for brides.

on 7/25/2012 2:07:00 AM

AMAZING, u can not go wrong with this lipstick!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been a long time Lancome lipstick user, but after purchase of number 28 I realize you will not find a better lipstick. I do think Rouge in Love is as good for lasting powder IF you choose a dark color, but 28 is not dark, it is my "nude" and it truly does seem to meet their claim of 50% more pigment. This is a satin and I think the mattes are just too drying and hard to blend, but this is a dream.

Recommended for Medium Skin