November 27, 2014 | 1386 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge artist intense

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by qfver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in #39 which is a very beautiful coral. This lipstick has a full blast of color with just one swipe. the bad thing about it is that its soooo drying. Tsk.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Alosha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic product!!! I bought it in #50 (satin black) and it has been great. The color is incredibly opaque and requires no layering whatsoever; I'm not sure of the exact wear-time but it's pretty long-lasting, and will stay on through meals if you're careful. Application is *super* easy, I just swiped it on straight from the tube after lining my lips. It's not a very moisturizing lipstick, but it doesn't dehydrate at all either, and it doesn't bleed or crack or migrate to the edges of my lips like some lipsticks do. It is pretty expensive, but TOTALLY worth it (this is coming from the girl who mostly buys drugstore makeup!). A little goes a long way, so the tube should last you quite a while, and it's an absolutely wonderful product. MUFE also has a great selection of other colors if you don't go for black.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

I have #30 which is like milky pink color & I have to say that light pink shades are not my favorite coz the color does not appear the same with my pigmented lips. I hate putting concealer on my lips just so I can wear light pinks coz it's drying & heavy. This is my first MUFE product and I was extremely impressed with this lipstick. Awesome pigmentation!!! This is my HG when it comes to opaque color which I'm always looking for in a lipstick. I love my lipstick to have same color when applied on lips & this is it. I can rock a cool pink now & thanks to MUFE! Creamy, lasting, pigmented, good packaging, No BS included! Just straight up professional product & this is a must for makeup artists. This would be the perfect lipstick for brides.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by nyousha1376

AMAZING, u can not go wrong with this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been a long time Lancome lipstick user, but after purchase of number 28 I realize you will not find a better lipstick. I do think Rouge in Love is as good for lasting powder IF you choose a dark color, but 28 is not dark, it is my "nude" and it truly does seem to meet their claim of 50% more pigment. This is a satin and I think the mattes are just too drying and hard to blend, but this is a dream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I am reviewing shade #43 'Moulin Rouge', but I'll just start off by talking a little about Makeup For Ever's Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks in general (to sum it up, I love them). Before trying these lipsticks, I was a MAC devotee (still love my MAC lipsticks, but now I have a lot more Makeup For Ever in the lipstick section of my makeup train). Why do I love these lipsticks oh so much?

-Packaging is simple, yet elegant (I especially love the tube of 'Moulin Rouge' which is slightly more glam than the others, but I'll get more into that later).
-Since these lipsticks are formulated with 50% more pigment than standard lipsticks (yes, 50% ladies!) you use very minimal product for full color payoff. $19 may seem like a lot to spend on a single tube of lipstick for some women, but this stuff will last forever. But like I said, these lipsticks are INTENSE. If you're more into sheer or glossy finishes, skip these. These lipsticks are for women who want to stand out!
- Comes in three finishes: matte, pearly and satin (I personally favor the satin).
- Super creamy texture. I find that they glide onto the lips nicely and do not seem to over-dry the lips or get that "gross" look after a few hours like so many other lipsticks. If you find lipsticks uncomfortable though, you should definitely skip these. I personally don't mind the feel of lipsticks at all (after wearing lipstick practically every day since high school, I'm quite used to it), but these ARE definitely thicker in texture than most lipsticks. I think that's the reason that they last so long though.
-Long wearing. I can wear this lipstick for at least 6 hours and still have rich color (even through eating and drinking). As it starts to fade within the last few hours I'm still left with some pretty pigment on my lips.
-Does not sink into or accentuate fine lines.

The only con of these lipsticks? They seem to transfer quite a bit. Yes, it will stay on through food and drink, but not without getting onto everything. Also, they do feather a bit so I DEFINITELY recommend a lip liner. If you have a lip primer and/or sealer, that would also be ideal with these lipsticks. I was going to take off a star for this, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Expecting a lipstick that lasts long, is highly pigmented, does not transfer or smudge, does not feather and is non-drying is a little too much to ask for (especially since many of those things kind of contradict each other). This lipstick is as close to perfect as I have found and I can definitely forgive a little feathering and smudging (I'm usually careful when I eat and drink anyway).

And now onto the specifics of 'Moulin Rouge' (my new HG red lipstick). After running out of my beloved Revlon Super Lustrous in 'Love That Red', I was on the hunt for my new go-to red lipstick....And this really caught my eye while browsing the Makeup For Ever section in Sephora.

'Moulin Rouge' is the perfect red (which I could not find in MAC). It's not as blue-based as MAC's 'Russian Roulette', but it does have slight blue undertones (great for cooler toned women and those who are looking to make their teeth look whiter). I'd say that this is kind of a 'cool-neutral' red. When I wear this, I feel like a glamorous 1950's starlet on the arm of a man smoking an expensive cigar in a dusky room. The packaging is unique as well. Instead of black and gray like most of the RAA lipsticks, this is black and red. The finish of this lipstick is 'Satin'. I recommend pairing this particular shade with very minimal eye makeup. A thin strip of black liner on the top lash line and a coat or two of mascara should suffice just fine (how very Marilyn Monroe).

I love these lipsticks and will most definitely will be purchasing more. Move over MAC ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

the colours in this collection is really really REALLY intense!

I have two of them currently, a bright red and black. black isn't a colour you'd find over here in my country but a friend got it for me when traveling.

both colours build nicely, have an amazing texture and can be blended with others to create different shades. I find black on it own to be elegant but too intense so what I usually do is line my lips with a blackliner and place the black on the inner corners of my lips while adding a deep satin red to the middle then just blend the edges. this creates a very dramatic and highly polished effect that always turns heads no matter where I go!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Corley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whoa. They are not JOKING when they call this stuff intense. I have this currently in only two colors - a deep, saturated red with gold flecks; and black. "BLACK??" you may query...and I admit, I originally bought it for a Halloween costume (the costume was more an excuse to buy the lipstick, actually). But, wait! I have since found many other uses for it! Tapped lightly over ANY color at all, the black lipstick creates a sort of darker, vintage version of whatever you were wearing before. I use it frequently over bright red to create a more palatable-for-fall deep burgundy. Over pink, it can create varying shades of purple. Over nude...you get the picture. Used with a light hand, the black shade has become a wonderful multitasker! I also happen to like it on its own with an otherwise relatively bare face. There's something strangely elegant about black lips. Another thing: this lipstick STAYS. PUT. The formula is thick, but not greasy or oily - so where you put it, it shall stay. So...be accurate! Or keep a little baby oil and Q-tips combo nearby for minor corrections. This stuff is the big leagues of lipstick, and not for the faint of heart. The colors are all highly pigmented and have a lot of staying power. Fortunately, this also means you do not have to use a lot of product, so a tube is gonna last you awhile. If you luuuurve lipstick like me, this is a great buy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ndebace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Where have I BEEN???? I just started using this lipstick and cannot believe I did not try it before! This is, hands down, the BEST lipstick I have tried at any price. SO creamy and easy to apply. Very VERY pigmented and it seriously LASTS - even through eating and drinking! I keep checking to see if I have to reapply and I never do! I have #28 (Satin Finish). I am a (not so natural) red head with blue eyes and relatively fair skin. This shade is the PERFECT neutral for me! I also LOVE to put a little bit of my Smashbox Limitless Long Wear Lip Gloss In "Enduring" over the top. The two together are a perfect mate - the lipstick is so pigmented that it really holds up to the gloss and doesn't spread out, and the gloss keeps your lips from getting dry. Strangely, the combination also eliminates any of the tackiness from the Long Wear gloss for me as well. A match made in heaven!! The packaging is also great. The lipstick rolls back down completely into the tube so you don't hit it with the cap - and the cap snaps closed extremely tightly. Very secure - will not open up in you purse. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product - can't wait to get more colors!!! I think I will get either #27 or #29 next and try layering it with My Smashbox gloss in "Endless". Highly recommend this lipstick!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by kocoannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have three of these lipsticks and I adore them all equally! I have Matte Flesh #1, Satin Vermillion Red #42 and Satin Bright Orange #40.
Matte Flesh is the perfect nude lip colour for any soft natural look you are trying to achieve.
Vermillion Red is a highly pigmented, perfect red! It's the best red shade I have ever tried before!
Bright Orange is a very wowzer, fun colour to wear!
All three lipsticks are of a very high quality and are super moisturising. I would recommend wearing a trusted lip liner with the brighter colours to avoid bleeding and feathering. They are also long wear lasting and I only had to reapply/tidy up after eating - besides I love applying lipstick!!
I receieve many compliments, especially with the red shade when ever I rock any of these colours.
They are expensive but I wou,ld say they are definitely worth the $$.
I'm pretty certain that once funds permit I will be buying more shades