December 17, 2014 | 1703 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by MES

Stupid me, bought this without reading the reviews first. I thought I would use this to keep from doing my hair everyday. I washed my hair per the instructions, and put on the gloves. I started to apply the product to the ends and mid sections of my hair. Pretty quickly I noticed the smell, it's really really bad smells like a mixture of rotting eggs and rotting meat. The smell at some point became unbearable, but I continued to apply the 20 minute smooth it serum. As I was applying this stuff I was thinking to myself, I should really read the reviews on MUA first, something doesn't seem right. I've used an at home perm product once, and bleached my hair at home a few times as well. In my experience the worse something smells the more likely it is to damage your hair. So after getting the whole tube of serum in my hair I login to MUA and read the reviews. I start getting scared, the reviews are abysmal. I had serious damage years ago from the aforementioned bleaching at home. It took months for my hair to recover. I ran in the shower and rinsed the crap off, after like 5 minutes. I then applied a large amount of deep conditioner and let it sit for several minutes. So far my hair seems fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by becsterrob

I bought this tonight but decided to do some checking up on it before I used. With as bad as all of these are, I'm sooooooo glad I read the reviews first. I am NOT going to be using it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by lyldancechickxo

HORRIBLE PRODUCT! DO NOT BUY THIS!

I started out really excited to use the product. If you read the box it sounds like it would be perfect for someone who has thick wavy frizzy hair like myself. I opened up the package and put in the 20 min smooth it serum, it smelled horrible. it made my whole bathroom and parts of my other house reek. After i opened it and smelled it, i should have stopped myself but the directions stated that it was going to smell. Then i waited the 20 minutes and put in the heat activated perfect it cream and i thought well at least it smells better and i was happy again. Then I started to blow dry it, my hair felt horrible. It wasn't smooth or silky like they said it was going to be. It was kind of ruff and it still smelled. I ended up just finishing it and then i straightened it with a flat iron. It still smelled and I was not happy. I did this all last night, this morning I washed my hair today and it still smells. I can't wait for these 7 washes to happen ASAP! Total waste of money and my time. I should have came on a website and read reviews. It seems everyone is hating it. They need to take it off the shelves. My hair wasn't ruined, at least not yet =/ I hope everyone who reads this, I change there minds about buying this. Just using good shampoo and conditioner and a hair protection serum is the best. I am never trying another product like this. I just bought this because i thought it would be more manageable for my hair and i wouldn't have to spend over an hour doing my hair. This product is crap.

JUST DONT BUY IT! SAVE YOUR MONEY!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I read the reviews but still used it. My hair was badly damaged from a horrible color job and ended up having to get bleached out to cover it. So I have been deep conditioning my hair for the past 3 months. I used this and my hair was once again back to being gummy like thread. It is a chemical product which will damage your hair and even if it did keep it straight for a week (which it didn't) it would not be worth the damage. It did make it straight after I blew dry it (which is why i gave it a 2) but by the next morning after washing it, it was wavy like usual. Maybe if I continued to heat dry it, it may be straight but air drying it was wavy. If it were a straightener which did not damage my hair I would give it another lippie.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a moron. MORON. WHY didn't I log on to makeupalley before I put this on my hair? WHY?
Please for the love of hair everywhere, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT. I am shocked... I'm not in tears yet but it may very well happen. My hair has gone through a lot of things in its 23 years, including bleaching, and it has NEVER looked as bad as it does right now. It is frizzy, dry, breaking off... I don't even know what to do right now.
I'm not even going to go through the packaging, application, smell, etc. because all you need to know is that this product should never go anywhere near your head. EVER.
I currently look like an idiot, because the front sections of my hair were already kind of damaged and fraying from when I bleached my hair last winter, and as that part was the first to start breaking off, I gave myself a horribly awful emergency fringe cut which resulted in those stupidly short bangs... which will have to be pinned back for months until it grows out. I'll probably have to run in for an emergency haircut tomorrow before university... quite frankly, I'm afraid to straighten the rest of my hair now.
I'm disgusted and shocked. Seriously. Please stay away.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This product belongs in the hair product hall of shame..if this ends up at big lots for even a quarter...DON'T BUY IT!!!!Garnier needs to take this off the market, and go back to the drawing board! DO NOT USE THIS!!!!
I tried this a long time ago basically I ran and bought it the first wk it came out..yeah i'm doing a VERY late review and I could have saved allot of people by doing this sooner but Imp glad to see there are others that came on here to warn about this product. anyway I finally had my hair in great condition before this and after my hair was breaking off in large clumps-what is left of it is fried!!! I have very thick hair that is about four inches past my shoulders. My hair is was fried and I lost what was past my shoulder since it broke off! This product cost me hundreds of dollars and months just to get my hair back to what it was before using this! My hair stylist was horrified when she saw my hair and can't believe a product like this is on the market- especially sold over the counter! I recommend staying far away from this product! I used this a long time ago and I cant believe its still sold in stores.
UPDATE I was reading my mothers O magazine and was shocked to see a 2 page add for such a terrible product. Im shocked they are still really trying to hustle this product out to the public.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mymelody87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I almost used this on my whole head two nights ago, but it smelled horrible, and I remembered reading so many negative things about it and quickly rinsed out the first step which I had begun to apply. (I purchased the product a few of months ago, before I was even a member of MUA and did not know how bad it was.) Just in case, I shampooed it out quickly, used the Step 2 neutralizing cream on the portion of the hair I had coated in step one, and let it sit for about an hour to make sure it had had its effect, then rinsed, shampooed again, put the Step 2 on again there as a leave-in, and let everything air-dry. So in essence, out of my own stupidity, I did a strand test.

For the record, my hair meets the criteria on the side of the box. It is not damaged. I take extremely good care of it. And it is not color-treated, relaxed, permed, bleached, or any such thing. It is long, trimmed about 2 months ago, and treated every day with the Redken Extreme line of products, which I credit for keeping my hair in such great shape. I can't believe I had forgotten about the reviews here. I just saw it in the closet and thought it would help me get my hair stick straight (instead of generally straight with a little bit of wave at the ends).

Well, here were the results of my accidental strand test: The section of my hair on the left side of my head where I applied the kit is now fragile and no longer matches the rest of my hair. It is now slightly lighter and different texture. It has a spring-y quality to it which the rest of my hair lacks. I believe those hairs will eventually either split or break off. Looking at the box you would never imagine that it would contain such harsh chemicals or be so much like a relaxer. I'm hoping a protein treatment, like ApHogee, applied to just that area, will help undo some of the damage. But only time will tell.

I do not recommend this product. If you are thinking of using it based on the positive reviews here, please take the time to notice that a simple majority of the positive reviews on this page are by users who logged in once, wrote one review, logged out about 10 minutes later and either never came back, or came back maybe a week later and that was that. Examples of this type are: mLov4bl3, MarlanaLeigh, and Mella1. Who would sign up for this site just to write one review for one product and then leave? Creepy much? If the possible awful effects this product can have on your hair haven't deterred you from interest in using it, maybe that will.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by chenoa20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had an horrible experience with this product. All my hair fall, so I had to cut it very short!!!! I' m depressed cause of this, I brought the product on walgreens and I notified to the manager, he took my name and phone to report it to the company, but I havent reveived any notice. This problem incurred me to a lot of expenses; extensions, treatments and hair salons.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by caramelo419

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm scare of using this product, I bought it sometime ago and was about to put it on tonight and decided to check reviews. My hair is wavy for the most part, with more of a curl on the hairs framing my face. I already have thinning hair since recently I colored it lighter and highlighted it. I cut my hair shorter to try to get it healthier, I guess I shouldn't do it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by jenjenpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wish I would have read these reviews prior to buying this horrible product.....I ruined my hair. I completely agree that this product should be removed from shelves. I can not even brush my hair wet bc it is just breaking off....I use to bleach my hair and the feeling after using this product is worst than that.....my hair is gummy and extremely dry. It does the complete opposite of what the product promises.