Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara

3.8

I don't usually buy high end mascaras, drugstore dupes have always worked just as good for me in the past. However, all my favourite drugstore mascaras have been discontinued here in Canada, CG Lash Exact, CG Volume Exact & CG Lash Perfection. My favourite high end mascara has been discontinued too, Hourglass Superficial Lash. After watching youtube mascara reviews and reading reviews here on MUA I decided the closest thing to my liking would be the Chanel Inimitable or the Inimitable Intense. After seeing both at the Chanel counter I knew my choice would be the Intense in black. Well, I've used mascaras from just about every drugstore and every high end brand and this is hands down the best mascara I have ever used. It has the perfect small brush, I don't have a lot of lid space so those enormous brushes do not work for me. This brush is perfection, it's small and has small spiky plastic bristles, like most mascaras on the market right now. I curl my lashes, get right down to the root and start applying. Because of the small brush size, pretty much the same as the brush size of the CG Lash Exact, I don't get any smudging on my eyelid. It gives me great length and separation on the first coat and even more length on the second, along with volume and definition. The formula is my ideal, a little on the drier side so it holds a curl perfectly and it builds beautifully without any clumping. I'm not so pleased about the cost, almost $ 42.00 Canadian after tax but eyebrow pencil and mascara are the only makeup products I use besides lip products. Therefore I don't feel too bad for this splurge. It washes off easily with just soap and water too. I have found a new Holy Grail mascara, pricey but worth it.

EDIT: This is the most incredible mascara I have ever used and I plan on buying two backups very soon !

on 6/4/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Expensive for something that runs out/dries up after only a month. Goes on nicely, does make my short, thin, sparse lashes look like something, but I can do better than $30 for only a month's worth. Kevyn Aucoin's is better.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

While I liked this mascara, I thought it dried out way too fast. It lasted me about one month before it was crumbly, flaky, dry, and just plain unusable. But... when it was brand spankin' new, it was awesome! It lengthened, volumized, and was an intense black, and gave me a very wide-eyed doll look. I have purchased several tubes of this mascara and each time it dried out in about one month. Perhaps I take too long when I apply the mascara. Anyhoo, I still think it's a good mascara, probably better suited for someone who can do a quick one or two coats and be done.

love this so so so much i got this 3 times and still love it!

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Doesn't flake and get in my eyes. Does not smear....the best mascara I have ever used!

on 3/25/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love but pricey

on 3/11/2014 12:17:00 AM

Got a sample. I found it doesn't wear all that well. After several hours I start to get little flakes and all traces of a curl are gone. Might try layering it with some others for a better effect. Won't buy it without more success though.

on 1/14/2014 12:05:00 AM

I was so pleased the first time I put this on. Long, defined lashes. Dark black and elegant. But after wearing it a week, I have to admit that I just can't deal with the flaking. Not just a tiny bit of flaking, but enough to look like I slept in my mascara. So bummer! Back to le Volume for me!

on 1/6/2014 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara...ever...so far! Great mascara. Gives my eyes the wide awake look. The black is the perfect color for me, hold the curl all day long. Does not flake or smear when wearing. It is on the dry end for a mascara formula! Gives great length. The only con, is I feel that the tube dries out rather quickly.
It's amazing how cheaper mascaras can last forever, and this one will last me two months...max! Great mascara, will always repurchase!

on 12/31/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara really disappointet me, since I had such high expectations, haha! The first time I wore it, it was abolutely amazing! I had never tried such a good mascara before... It kept my curl all day long (which is my biggest concern when it comes to mascara), didn't flake, smear, transfer or anything, it looked so clean and overall just amazing! Everytime I have worn it ever since, it has been totally different... The mascara doesn't look the same, it is kinda clumpy, it makes my lashes look like they have old mascara on. It can't hold a curl for more than half an hour now. Also it makes my eyes dry out and itch! And I don't even have very sensitive eyes. I have tried better mascaras for cheaper. But I love the packaging!

UPDATE: OMG! I just changed from two lippies to five... Have been using this for a few weeks now and this is the best mascara I have ever tried for holding a curl! I have always had to recurl my lashes after my mascara dries (I know it is not recommended, that is why I did not do it right away with this mascara), but it usually still holds a couple of hours. But with this mascara it holds all day, as long as I only apply one coat of mascara. Best mascara for my thick, straight, medium-lenght lashes EVER. Doesn't smear, unless I work out.