Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara

3.8

on 6/4/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Expensive for something that runs out/dries up after only a month. Goes on nicely, does make my short, thin, sparse lashes look like something, but I can do better than $30 for only a month's worth. Kevyn Aucoin's is better.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

While I liked this mascara, I thought it dried out way too fast. It lasted me about one month before it was crumbly, flaky, dry, and just plain unusable. But... when it was brand spankin' new, it was awesome! It lengthened, volumized, and was an intense black, and gave me a very wide-eyed doll look. I have purchased several tubes of this mascara and each time it dried out in about one month. Perhaps I take too long when I apply the mascara. Anyhoo, I still think it's a good mascara, probably better suited for someone who can do a quick one or two coats and be done.

love this so so so much i got this 3 times and still love it!

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Doesn't flake and get in my eyes. Does not smear....the best mascara I have ever used!

on 3/25/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love but pricey

on 3/11/2014 12:17:00 AM

Got a sample. I found it doesn't wear all that well. After several hours I start to get little flakes and all traces of a curl are gone. Might try layering it with some others for a better effect. Won't buy it without more success though.

on 1/14/2014 12:05:00 AM

I was so pleased the first time I put this on. Long, defined lashes. Dark black and elegant. But after wearing it a week, I have to admit that I just can't deal with the flaking. Not just a tiny bit of flaking, but enough to look like I slept in my mascara. So bummer! Back to le Volume for me!

on 1/6/2014 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara...ever...so far! Great mascara. Gives my eyes the wide awake look. The black is the perfect color for me, hold the curl all day long. Does not flake or smear when wearing. It is on the dry end for a mascara formula! Gives great length. The only con, is I feel that the tube dries out rather quickly.
It's amazing how cheaper mascaras can last forever, and this one will last me two months...max! Great mascara, will always repurchase!

on 12/31/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara really disappointet me, since I had such high expectations, haha! The first time I wore it, it was abolutely amazing! I had never tried such a good mascara before... It kept my curl all day long (which is my biggest concern when it comes to mascara), didn't flake, smear, transfer or anything, it looked so clean and overall just amazing! Everytime I have worn it ever since, it has been totally different... The mascara doesn't look the same, it is kinda clumpy, it makes my lashes look like they have old mascara on. It can't hold a curl for more than half an hour now. Also it makes my eyes dry out and itch! And I don't even have very sensitive eyes. I have tried better mascaras for cheaper. But I love the packaging!

UPDATE: OMG! I just changed from two lippies to five... Have been using this for a few weeks now and this is the best mascara I have ever tried for holding a curl! I have always had to recurl my lashes after my mascara dries (I know it is not recommended, that is why I did not do it right away with this mascara), but it usually still holds a couple of hours. But with this mascara it holds all day, as long as I only apply one coat of mascara. Best mascara for my thick, straight, medium-lenght lashes EVER. Doesn't smear, unless I work out.

on 12/13/2013 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my absolute favorite mascara. Full stop.

I have never found a comparable product, and whenever I've tried to find a better one, I always go back to this. It lengthens, curls, and thickens my lashes without making me look like I'm wearing clumped spider legs on my eyes. Three coats is my usual go-to.

A tube lasts me about 2 1/2 months.