October 2, 2014 | 1676 users online

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best product

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay this is one of the best and most offective products I have every used. Baby soft skin with no harsh scrubbing. I occasional use an at home microdermabrasion treatment with a rotating brush and it doesn't do half the job that the natural aqua gel does. BUT...everytime I use this is seems to coincide with me breaking out with cystic acne. I have struggled with acne in the last year which I have now found out is definetly caused by food allergies. I started my diet well before using this and saw big improvement in my skin. But as soon as I used this, and I would only use it on a small area of my face, I would break out in that same area. I tried 1/4 of the bottle everytime I feel the results were the same everytime. Sadly I decided to sell the bottle on to stop my self from being tempted to use it. I will almost certainly try this again in a years time once my skin has completely recover from my allergy diet and I can test it once more to see if results are the same. Its a wonderful product shame it didn't quite agree with my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by paperi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also read raves of this product, but after purchasing I wasn't too impressed. Sometimes it didn't seem to exfoliate my skin and I wasn't very sure was the after effect as super soft, as many reviews said. However after using this for a while, I've grown to like the product very much. It feels very gentle, not drying, and I like how it doesn't have any particles that would harmfully mechanically rub your skin. But the trick is to ONLY use your dry hands and face. Not in the shower, for example, or you'll just rinse it off. I use this 1-2 a week, but I'm really bad to say whether or not it softens my skin. Since it's an exfoliator, I wouldn't expect your blackheads to magically disappear. But I feel like the creams, lotions etc absorb better after using this, also putting on a base and BB cream sometimes make my dry skin look really flaky - but not with this, since I can get rid of the dead cells. The price was a bit high for my taste when I bought this, maybe around $25, but it lasts forever and buying a 3 or 4 pack will also save good amount of money. Def. repurchasing!

PS: Since it is a Japanese product, I would pay attention where you buy this before complaining about the price tag (for a student, everything above $15 is a lot for a drug store product, but I saw people here paying $40-50 for this!!)

EDIT: 2014/04/30 I still use this, and it does make my skin smoother and essence sinks in the skin like magic after using this, but during the last couple of months I've found black sugar exfoliators/masks much more cheaper and nicer to use than this one. I DO have an unopened bottle in my closet, so I said 'yes' as a repurchase, but no, it's not my staple that I NEEDED to backup in the future. So lippie down. I'd take two, but then it's not a bad product, I'm just bored to see all the hype. Wanna try it, go ahead. But you should notice that all the "flakes" is not your skin, some of it is just the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kamo12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm going to say something radical, but this is the *best beauty product I have every used*. It is so effective it makes every other exfoliator seem like a joke. There is no checking your skin for signs that it may be smoother or less flakey, it is like BAM here is every dead skin cell on your face, say goodbye as they wash down the sink. It does not joke around.
I love that it is so gentle and I have never had a negative reaction from it. It helps so much with my congested skin, and prevents the clogged pores trapped under a layer of dried skin that I used to struggle with. I've found the best way to use it is to apply it very generously, and wait until it is tacky but not completely dry. I use it twice a week and am always amazed how much skin comes off, especially in weird areas like my upper lip. I have had a bottle for about 8 months, use 8 pumps a week and still have about a 1/4 bottle left. I hope they never stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by connieingg

Packaging: I love the big clear bottle to see how much product you have left. The pump is also a good idea. The concern about the packaging for me is that my bottle is really hard to pump. i have to use a lot of pressure to just get a pump out. Also sometimes there can be dried up product surrounding the opening of where the product comes out. When that crustates, its hard to tell because its clear, so when u go pump product out, it flies in every direction possible ._. Hopefully not all the bottles are like that, haha....

Price: LOLOLOLOLOL, this BURNS holes in my wallet. Might as well burn up my wallet. I hate the price :(

Product: I use this around 1-2 times a week. I am on retina A for my hyper-pigmentation and my hormonal acne and this one of the few products that doesn't irritate my skin. Retina A causes a lot of peeling and dry skin so this takes it off really well leaving my skin smooth again. It feels very cooling on the skin and it's not thick, quite watery. When you start massaging the skin, you see all the little balls of product and skin that has came off and after you rinse your face, it is the most softest, most amazing feeling! Like baby butt smooth! It also does not leave my face with that squeaky dry feeling.

Overall: This is one of my staples in my skin care routine and I really don't think that I can live without it. It also one of the products that has made a difference in my skin. Of course it's also a bonus that this product is pretty natural so I know I'm not using a a chemically harsh product on my face. Although I DETEST the price, I really don't think I can live without it. But one bottle has lasted me along time so I guess it can be justified. So in the end, I really do love and recommend this product !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I have tried other similar products but none that works like this.......i can understand the popularity of this product without advertisement.......when i first put this on my face, it instantly made little white flakes without me even start to massage my face.........other ones i have tried are usually balling up coz of the physical rubbing action of the gel........another thing is that the way it washes off so clean and fresh and no burning even spots where i popped a pimple opened (i know i shouldn't).........Other ones like the one from laneige is so hard to rinse off as if i applied glue to my face.......

I would highly recommend this product if you don't have sensitive skin like me.........after my first use my face dried up like a raisin the next day and then break out for 2 more days which is a normal reaction for me after any sort of exfoliation (just hoping this will be different). i bought a big bottle so i will try to use in for my chest or my legs.....although it didn't work for me but i really think it can possibly be the best exfoliating product out there.....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not recommend using this on the face as it is too harsh and drying.

It works better as a body exfoliant as the skin is generally thicker in that area. I have intensely dry skin that tends to get itchy and a little scaley looking. This does wonders in exfoliating all the dry skin off, leaving the skin smoother, brighter, more even toned and allowing moisturizer to be absorbed better. However, ALWAYS make sure that you moisturize well after using this because it can still be a little drying on the skin. I have started to use disposable plastic gloves when applying this to my body to protect the palms of my hands from having too much skin taken off!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I decided to try this because my skin was feeling extremely congested and dirty, my pores were constantly clogged, and my moisturisers felt like they were just sitting on my skin and not sinking in. However, I was afraid of using any extreme products to clarify it because I have really sensitive oily skin, and the last thing I needed was for my skin to flare up and go all red and itchy.

I use my usual cleanser, put this on my face and wait for a minute, then rub it in like a regular scrub. This definitely does the trick! When I first used this, I couldn't believe it was my face I was looking at in the mirror. My skin looked evened out and smoother, and not as blotchy as usual. It also didn't dry out my skin, cause it to break out, or aggravate it in any way. I also noticed less clogged pores and white heads the next morning.

The only annoying thing about this is that it is quite watery, and the product tends to run down my neck instead of staying on my face. So during my 1 minute of waiting, I have to stand real still not to waste any product.

If you have normal skin that can take stronger and more effective products, you might find this to be a waste, because this is quite expensive.

All in all, if you have sensitive skin that needs a good gentle peel/exfoliation, I highly recommend this product. It really isn't too harsh, does the job, and helps to clarify and smooth the skin. It lasts a long time too I think! A little pricey too, but it's worth it. Been using it around 1-2 times a week for the last 2 months, and still got 75% of the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

PROS:
- Packaging (clear bottle so you can see how much remains; sanitary pump; C-shaped plastic lock/collar you can put on the neck of the pump to prevent accidental dispensing)
- No alcohol
- Serums/moisturizers absorb better
- It works!!! :)

CONS:
- Price
- Hard to find

This stuff is just really cool. I've used scrubs, masks, peels, strips, etc. to exfoliate my skin, and nothing has worked as well as this. Whether the looks-like-white-eraser-rubbings-pulp that forms is truly dead skin, or clumps of gel, or a combination of the two, I don't care.. because since I started using it, my skin tone has evened out, I have a glow to my face, my skin is sooo silky smooth, pores look smaller, acne scars seem to fade faster, and I barely break out now. Plus, it's just really fun to use: just one pump for the entire face, which I leave on for maybe 5-10 seconds, then I start massaging my face in circular motions for about 30-45 seconds. After rinsing my face with water, my skin feels soooo soft and smooth, and just glows. I use this every 3-4 days (though the first time I got it, I was so excited I used it for 2 nights straight, which was overkill). I read about a similar version made by Frutique sold at Sally's Beauty Supply. It's got enzymes and acids in it, but operates the same way. Since it's considerably cheaper than Cure, I may try it out once I'm done, but for now, I love Cure Aqua Gel! :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by greengrapefruit

This product is the best gentle exfoliater. No scrubbing, no harsh beads, this is my dream! I apply this on my dry (this is important) face and gently massage. I use this twice a week, there's salicylic acid in my regular face wash so I do not use any other type of exfoliation. After using this product, my skin feels silky smooth and I really do see and feel a difference. I have zero irritation from this but YMMV. Skins feels so much cleaner and just glows!!!