July 26, 2014 | 1400 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultra Bland

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by butchesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great nighttime cleanser. I bought the small tub in March and am only about halfway through with it, so I think it's a great value. I have acne-prone combination skin and don't find that this product makes my skin feel greasy at all - I first wet my face then use a finger's worth on my face, occasionally grabbing a second as needed. A little goes a long way with this, so I would guess that those who feel greasy after using this either use more than necessary or don't remove it correctly. I've tried using this in the shower and found that water alone wasn't sufficient to remove it, so I just use a wet washcloth over my sink and that takes care of it. Ultra Bland is also excellent at removing make up, and is gentle enough to use on my eyes as well. I like to follow this with Lush's Tea Tree Toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lamaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is perfect. I have very dry skin and I usually use Hy Ol from Babor, which is an oil-based cleanser. Ultrabland is also an oil-based cleanser, but it has a different consistency. It's thick like sticky body butter. I always take a peanut size of the stuff. It melts on my face. Then I take it of with a washcloth soaked in hot water.
I found that is the only way to remove; cotton pads and water only don't do the job.
I used it to remove my Halloween-make-up and it slid right off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

To start off with, I am pretty sure this product made me break out. It removed makeup really well (foundation) but did nothing for eye makeup, it just made a huge smeary black mess on my face. It feels very luxurious and soothing especially when using a hot washcloth to steam your face and wipe it away after applying. It made my skin so soft and seemed to improve the texture of my skin a lot (though it made it a bit red from massaging it in). After about 1.5 weeks I started breaking out horribly all over my whole face, including places I have never broken out before (cheeks and under eyes). Price was a bit expensive ($16) but the jar would last a while, I think. If you have acne or clog prone skin, maybe reconsider buying.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by sazzled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I nipped into lush to see if they had anything that could replace my waning boots nourishing oil cleanser and the sales assistant recommended this, i usually love oil cleansing to remove my makeup because its just so fuss free and easy whereas this is the complete opposite.
Its a thick creamy beige paste that is supposed to remove all makeup leaving skin clean and nourished. It does non of these claims. Its sticky smells very strong (which i don't like) and needs to be removed using a load of cotton pads soaked with toner, and even then there's a odd film left on the skin which forced me to use another cleanser to get rid of it, and to top it off some eye makeup was still left on. Rubbish. I wouldn't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by lauralou89

I'm not one to write reviews but I felt somewhat compelled to rave about this product!

I've never really bought into the whole organic, natural ingredients in skincare - my skin isn't particularly sensitive and I've never really considered the chemicals in some facial products - as long as it does the job it suits me!

I have combination skin, slight oily t-zone, normal elsewhere and suffer from blocked pores and spots on my chin. It drives me crazy at 22!
I'd just about given up hope after trying all manner of skin products (Clarins, Elemis, Simple, Clean and Clear, Garnier, Olay, etc.) when I thought I'd try Lush out after reading about the Ultra Bland being similar to the (too expensive) Eve Lom cleanser.

I thoroughly enjoy hot cloth cleansers and so really like the system of rubbing the balm into my skin and holding a steaming hot muslin cloth over my face, then buffing off. I can imagine this may be too much hassle for some people but I find it relaxing. I've been using Ultrabland morning and night since Wednesday and my skin is like a babies. It is smooth and clean, no more oiliness and it seems to have got it's radiance back. Spots have not disappeared yet but my skin feels so much better than from using anything else - I'm hoping it will eventually be blemish free!

I feel so much better about my skin already, that today I'm quite happy to use a dab of concealer and blusher and leave my face foundation free (which I don't think I've done since I was a child!). The price is fab, it's a small container but seems to last a fair while. My only issue is that it is fairly hard to remove and I feel a slight residue left on my face which doesn't feel bad, I'm just worried it may cause me to break out. Therefore I end my regime with a wipe of alcohol free toner to remove any excess cleanser and so far so good!

This has definitely opened my eyes to Lush (I also bought the Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask) and other natural skin care ranges on the market :-) very happy indeed!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by hannah1505

so this is my first review. i wasn't planning on writing a review ever, but i think this is totally worth it. i can't describe how much i came to love this product, and how much it helps my skin. i recently got a scar removed, it was underneath my skin right next to my nose, and i could still feel a little bump where the scar used to be, but ever since i started using this stuff, i can't feel or see anything. my skin is so smooth.
but the best thing: it takes off your make up sooo easily! i just put a little bit on top of my eyelids and rub it gently, wipe it off with a cotton pad and all my make up is gone. i'm truly in love, this is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by pumpkinapplemuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ever since LUSH discontinued the Baby Face cleanser, I'm using this. I use it mainly to remove eye make-up because I don't wear a foundation every day. But if I wear a foundation, this cleanser takes it off as well.

I think it removes make-up very well and gently but you have to remember to wipe it off properly, maybe with a cotton pad dabbed in toner.

It doesn't dry out my skin at all and I like using it. I liked Baby Face a bit better because it was easier to dose but this one is a fine replacement.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by darkfeathers

I got this as a sample, and it was pretty good. I was going to buy this but I ended up getting 9 to 5, which I prefer because of the smell. Since this is an eye remover, it seemed more economical to get 9 to 5 which is both a cleanser and removes eye makeup, as well as the mineral foundation I use.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by soetnos

I got this as a present, and I can't say I fell in love with it!.. I does what it promises when it comes to removing make-up, but it leaves a really fat residue on my skin afterwards. I don't really like that. Also, I find the smell a little weird, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ive never felt compelled to write a review for a cleanser before but I think this bad boy deserves a round of applause and a medal.
I wear a decent amount of eye makeup and this managed to take it off in one go. Very impressive and I use waterproof eye makeup.
I basically get a small blob in my hand and massage it in circles all over my face, then wipe away with cotton pads. The end result is amazingly clean, clear and baby soft silky skin with no makeup left over at all. I'm very impressed that his can be used for a variety of skincare uses like a moisture mask etc.
Definately repurchase from now on.