September 18, 2014 | 1373 users online

Treatments (Face) - E.L.F. - Zit Zapper

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by GingerInvasion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was skeptical at first, with the stuff only costing a single dollar. But then I thought, "it's just a dollar. Couldn't hurt to try." I have tried it on a few small pimples to test it out, and to my surprised it actually worked.Today I noticed one zit that was under the skin. Being the paranoid dummy I am, I tried popping it. Bad idea, of course, but then I remembered I had this little stick in my bag. A few hours and applications later, the spot is still a bit sore, but it certainly has improved.
I guess my only criticism would be that the roller ball is just a little too small.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by thegroove42

I think this product works at its fullest potential when you use it on a zit that you just start to feel coming on. I was feeling a large, cystic pimple coming on in the middle of the day, and I dabbed a bit of the product on it. It didn't get any bigger, and I decided to dab some more on before bed. The next morning, it was much smaller in size and not nearly as red or inflamed. However, I've used this on pimples about a day old and have not noticed a difference. It works great if you use it soon enough! The packaging does not seem very sanitary to me, but I've found if you press (even pump) the roller ball, and then roll around a bit of product in your finger, much more of it comes out. Then, I'll apply the product to the zit. Overall, it's a good product and I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. I think it only work on those little clogged pores that just need a wash compare to a big pimple that has been sitting on your face for over two days. Could just invest in tea tree oil but this product is handy in my bag, pity about the ball thing. Would like to get more out of it but is limited.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I figured for the price of this product that it didn't hurt to give it a try. Let's just say it's a good thing it's only a dollar. I tried using this before bed for days to help get rid of a zit. Nothing at all happened. It did not make my skin better or worse. The packaging is cute aesthetically. I like that it is streamlined and clear. I don't like that the twist off cap takes so many turns to get off and the fact that it is has a roller ball application. That just doesn't seem particularly sanitary to me. I wouldn't repurchase this for the simple fact that it didn't work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great price and does the job. You can't go wrong! My zits go away over night. (Although they're not the extremely inflamed zits, more like white heads or tiny red ones on occasion.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by lucyzta

I really love this stuff. I was skeptical, especially at only $1! But it works really well. My skin has cleared up and NOT dried out, which is key with zit creams. Usually they just dry me out and make it look even worse than before. This stuff doesn't do that. It's also clear so you can wear it under make up if desired. It smells great too. Definitely love this and would repurchase! The best part is the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't know how, but this stuff really works. This obviously isn't gonna work if you have an acne problem, but it'll work really well for those lone pimples that pop up every now and then or those PMS breakouts we all hate so much.

I used this twice a day and within maybe ~30 hours or so, my pimple became flat and just a little spot. A few days later, completely gone! That's the fastest that pimples have ever left my face.

For $1, I think people should give it a go. It probably won't work on everyone, but it worked on me and I was skeptical!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Other reviewers are saying this is the holy grail product, and others say it just did absolutely nothing or broke them out further.

I'm kind of in between. This product has amazing ingredients, all of which help greatly reduce redness and puffyness that zits can cause. That's great! And it's only $1, which is fantastic. You get a great amount of product for the price, and it is very very easy to use.

So, on to how it works with me. It... doesn't really... But it might be because of the location of my pimples. I tend to get lots of them right on my lip line. Just about 5 days ago I started feeling one come in right in the middle of my upper lip line. I decided to put this product really to the test. I put it on that morning and night. The next morning I found that my blemish had finally made it's appearance and was really red and noticeable. So, of course, I put this miracle product on in the morning and night. Both times I applied this, I didn't have any results. Nothing seemed to be happening, no less red, no less puffy. I continued this until the 4th day (yesterday) when my pimple was completely ready to be popped (gross, I know *sigh*), and so I popped it and put some of this on there as well. Again, nothing happened that was "amazing" or "magical" or holy grail worthy. I was quite disappointed to say the least.

I tend to break out around my chin area sometimes as well, and a bit on my nose, so once that happens, I'll put this product to the test again. For now though... ehh, it's $1, and if it doesn't break you out, why not?

EDIT: Yeah, this doesn't work for me. Shame, I was really wanting it to work and actually get rid of those problem zits I constantly have, but all it did was absolutely nothing. I was really wanting this to be my new holy grail product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I keep these everywhere. For a dollar, why not? I don't get many pimples (thankfully) any more, but when I do - I want them gone FAST. I just dab a bit of this on a few times a day and pimples shrink and disappear without a lot of drying and/or peeling. This seems to take away redness, too. Definitely worth a try if you have an occasional zit. This isn't going to be the answer to a real acne problem, though. For that I would recommend checking out reviews for acne.org.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

ORIGINAL 12/4/2013 REVIEW: I have really oily skin & naturally, it comes with frequent acne. Reading Zit Zapper's great reviews & seeing it for $1, I figured I'd give it a try. I don't know why, but this just did not work with me & it's odd because the ingredients (salicylic acid, Witch-hazel, tea tree oil, etc.) are amazing & actually really good for acne. I used it once or twice a day - sometimes in the morning, but mostly at nighttime; I've used it several times & I honestly don't see any change, good or bad. I didn't notice any difference in the redness or size of my zits. Fortunately, it didn't make me break out more like it did other people.

It seems to work for others though so it might just depend on your skin type. Because it's only $1 & so many people have had success with it I'd recommend it just to try, but I was not impressed. If you do have one, I suggest storing it upside down so the product stays at the top of the tube. Sometimes the rolling ball gets dry & is hard to roll, or it'll roll & not dispense the acne medicine.

WEIRD 6/14/14 UPDATE: I don't know why I kept trying this, but I actually discovered that while this doesn't work on my face, it does work successfully on my body - particularly my chest & back. This did nothing for my face, but when I noticed I was breaking out on my chest & shoulders, I rubbed this on - I wasn't expecting much. It worked! From now on, I'm going to use this as a body acne treatment instead of on my face.