August 30, 2014 | 1762 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Omega

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Matte browns are essential, but SO boring in my opinion! Omega looks like your average light matte brown in the pan, but in actual fact, it's this neutralshade that has elements of brown, beige and grey. The pigmentation and application are both fantastic, I like using it in the crease or as my transition shade. I'm NC25 so it does show up on me quite well. I used to own the Too Faced 'Natural Eye' palette, and there was a shade called 'Velvet Revolver' in there that reminded me of Omega. However that eyeshadow was a very noticeable grey-brown on the eyes, rather than subtle like Omega. Furthermore, Omega is excellent for dark eyebrows! I just don't understand HOW it works so well but it really does, sometimes when I've gone a bit heavy-handed with my beloved MUFE 'Aqua Brow' I'll put Omega over the top to tone the colour down and it works. Even though Omega IS neutral, I find it looks fabulous with cooler-toned shades such as MAC 'Sable', 'Satin Taupe' and Urban Decay 'Toasted'. If you look at the comparison photo of my other matte crease and transition shades, Omega is very unique, definitely one to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

This is one of those products I reach for everyday but don't even think about, I noticed today I have nearly run out and thought good ol' Omega deserved a review :)

It does look pretty boring at first glance, very light brown, looks sort of a dark beige applied very lightly and can also look slightly grey depending on what it's blended with or how much you put on.

I reach for this nearly every day, I use it on my eyebrows mixed with Charcoal Brown, I use it all over my lid for a quick easy neutral look, I use it with Blanc Type all over the lid and then Omega in the crease.
Omega with Blanc Type makes a really light lovely, I want to say a light smokey eye but it's not exactly smokey, just a really quick look that is easy and very flattering with a bit of brown eyeliner and/or mascara.

So I will definitely buy this again after realising how much I use it, very easy to use and a great staple for your bag out and about to do a quick bit of eyebrow filling or eye makeup etc :)

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So glad I bought this eyeshadow. It looks so boring but is a true workhorse for me. I use it several times each week for my crease and eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I agree with reviewers below that say that this is a light "greige" color, because it really is! It's somewhere between a brown, beige and grey. I'm NC25 and this barely shows up on me, but that's the beauty of it - it's great as a soft wash on the lids, or as a super natural crease color. The formula is typically Mac - not powdery, not dry, not buttery, but somewhere in between.

It is SORT OF a dupe of Velvet Revolver from the Too Face Natural Eye palette, although I believe VR is slightly more grey and slightly more noticeable on the eyes. Velvet Revolver is probably the reason why I won't buy Omega again - I like that VR shows up a bit better on me and looks faintly "smokey", whereas Omega is great for a natural eye and not much else. I don't find myself reaching for it all that often, although it' a lovely color if you don't have anything similar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After finding out that Too Faced's Velvet Revolver eyeshadow in the Natural palette is the perfect color to fill in my eyebrows with, I set out to find the most similar dupe I could, as I would rather not repurchase the whole Natural Eye Palette again just for that one shadow. Multiple sources said that Omega was pretty close. I've colored my hair to a light brunette for years, but I'm a natural dark blonde. So my brows are that awful, cool-toned mousy light brown color. All color I've found designed for brows are either WAY to dark, or have warm undertones, so nothing looks natural. And my brows are just dark enough that blonde colors look too yellow. So I experimented with this eyeshadow. Looking at it in the pan, it almost looks a bit grey, as does Velvet Revolver. So I'm not even sure what gave me hope and possessed me to try it in the first place, but I'm glad I did. It goes on a lot more brown than it would look, and blends in almost perfectly. Omega is just the tiniest bit lighter than Velvet Revolver, but it does the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by xLongLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on the lid, with charcoal brown in the outer third, brun on the lash line/outer V and blend out with wedge fading into brûlée. Perfect, polished but natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Color Reference - Platinum Blonde, NC 35

I went into MAC looking for the perfect eyebrow powder. Being platinum blonde it is almost impossible to find a color that isn't too harsh or fake looking. I went into MAC and asked the SA for a good color for my brows, and she said "Cork" looked perfect for me. I went home and tried it out, it was WAY too dark and harsh for me. Although I am super blonde, my brows are naturally much darker but they aren't that dark. I went in and exchanged "Cork" for "Omega" after doing some research - and I have got to say, I LOVE it! It is sooo perfect for my brows. It seriously fills in and defines my brows without making me look like a drag queen. It's almost impossible to find the perfect brow shade for us platinum blondes - but Omega is definitely the shade! I apply this to my brows with a MAC 208 which I think is perfect. It is super dense and blends it out evenly. Not only is this the perfect brow color, but I'm sure this is gonna be gorgeous with multiple eyeshadow looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great color if you want a quick way to really make your eyes look wide and awake. I wear Omega all over my lid and in my crease, with a light stroke of it under my eyes. And then lots of black mascara (Maybelline Stiletto). I didn't have to fuss with it and add more color, blend, add more, remove, etc. Just a quick swipe did the trick and transformed my eyes. I have tried this as a brow color as well but I prefer pencil because I like a more defined brow. I find that Omega works well over other colors as well to make them look softer and to open up the eyes. Basically this is an eye opening color, and I love finding those, because I'm a mom with two little ones, never get enough sleep, and I can use all the help I can get to look more alert than I really am :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A cooler matte brown, however most products turn more warm on my skin rather than "taupe", so I can't register this as that.
It is lovely in the brows for a lighter look, and also fantastic for days where I like to spackle on false freckles. Strange, I know! However, it is fantastic for that in photography.

Also lovely for contouring in the socket bone, under the cheekbones if nothing else is around, and around the face. I'm NC17.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my absolute favorite MAC shadows! Omega is a matte, medium brown-taupe that seems to stay true to its color. It applies perfectly all over the lid, or can be used in the crease as a transitional color. This eyeshadow is a perfect neutral for my skin tone, and looks sexy with Mac Patina or Mulch in the crease. Very pretty! I also love pairing this with Mac Satin Taupe in the crease for a flawless smoky brown eye! Mac Omega seems pretty simple in the pan, but glides on so buttery and pigmented onto eyelids. It's so soft and smooth, it looks more satin-y on the lid. With its quality and versatility, it is a must have!
I love how this shadow goes with my features. It is completely neutral, not too cool, not too warm, just the perfect amount of each. My blue eyes pop with this eyeshadow, and illuminates with my red auburn hair and light skin.
I think that Omega is a vital shadow to have in a make up collection. Completely beautiful!