August 22, 2014 | 1124 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Control Force

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by justcallmed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

meh. It's a firm hold HS that can still get sticky and build up over time. Yes it gives volume and yes it has organic aromas in it but it also costs almost three times as much as many other products out there that can do the same thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was in the Aveda store and the SA offered to show me how this worked. I went in there with "gym hair" and came out with this awesome volume. I have a POB haircut, angled bob. The problem is I could not get this to react the same way as she did. I washed and styled today and I believe I put on too much product. It was like cement. I think this is my fault, so I wil continue to try. I gave it a 4 because I am not sure yet. I love the fact it has UV protection in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by boclit7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really want to like this. It's not sticky, holds my hair and fights humidity. But it makes my scalp itch terribly. Back to the drawing board!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by dezyttt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Boy, is this stuff expensive, but it is sooo worth it. Most of my life I've avoided hair sprays because I hated the stickiness, and the fact that hairspray would never seem to keep my hair in place for long. My stylist used this to do my hair after I got it cut, and first thing I thought was omg what are you doing? But wow, this stuff is so different. It's not sticky at all! It doesn't even feel like I have hairspray in my hair. Yet I walk home on a slightly breezy day, and despite it moving my hair around a bit, it keeps falling back into place. Twelve hours later, and my hair still looks good! How is that possible? Needless to say, I had to buy this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by builtlikebettie

I went to an Aveda cosmetology school, and was in school when they released Control Force. It is awesome!!!

I have very fine hair, and at the time it was cut rather short. I started using Control Force and never looked back. It gives amazing texture with buildable firm hold. Layering applications will give you the firmest hold. Make sure you give each layer time to dry. It's also a DRY spray, meaning it's not sticky or clumpy when it comes out of the can. When applying, don't just hold the nozzle down and go to town...for best results (and less spray clouds) press the nozzle as you would a pump spray, in short, quick bursts.

The only thing kind of wonky about Control Force is I *swear* I smell a hint of pickles in it. I don't know if it's just me... :P

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mindyk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to stick to drugstore or Sally brands hairspray just because I use so much of them to hold my 'do in place. I have one of those spikey haircuts which seems to require a lot of spray to keep it from falling flat by day's end. After trying the Control Force based on a recommendation from my hairstylist (who said in her out-loud voice, "geez you've got a lot of build up in your hair, what have you been using?") I decided to give this a try. It takes a lot less product to keep my hair in place, even on a humid day, and my hair doesn't feel sticky or goopey. And I no longer have a problem with build up! Only wish it were a little less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by janicedgonzales

I usually stick to drugstore hair products but after being introduced to Aveda I will probably never go back. This is the only hair spray that hasn't left a gross residue/ any sort of build up in my hair. It's supposedly all natural and I believe it. My hair has never felt softer after using a hair spray! I have fine asian hair with barely any volume and this is the only product that's capable of adding volume. I believe I paid over $20 for this stuff back in may and my can isn't anywhere near empty (I use it almost everyday).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpMuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a phenomenal firm hold spray. It doesn't make your hair "crunchy" but it does have a solid hold. It's a great humidity fighter, but it can also be used on damp, towel dried hair sprayed on and then blown out for super volumizer.
Versatile product. Love it.
The only thing I'm not a fan of is the smell. It doesn't stink, but unlike Aveda's Air Control, this isn't a scent that I want to linger in. Its a bit woodsy smelling for my liking, so I tend to go over it with a glossing of Air Control.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by peenkshorts

I work at an Aveda salon in Miami, where it's very humid. Control Force is amazing for humidity defense. Spray it before heat styling ( like when you flat iron or curling iron) and the shine you get is incredible. When you run a flat iron or curling iron over the product, it's not sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this new hair spray from Aveda. It is their new firm hold hairspray that supposedly gives 24 hr humidity defense, no flaking and UV defense. I have used for about a week now. It holds my waves in place that usually straighten out by midday, if I spray it a good 5-6 inches away it doesn't feel crunchy or stiff but still has amazing all day hold, and I love the nozzle which sprays out a super fine but voluminous puff in strong powerful gusts. 2-3 pumps and I'm done and good all day.