September 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by papnarus

(This is about the European formulation) one of the worst products I used, irritated my skin , made my breakout worse and my skin began to flake very badly! Stopped using it after 3 month

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by tezbeth

So I got this product 3 days ago after hearing all the hype about it for acne skin and so far, it is doing what it said and is reducing the pimples. After my first use, I noticed I had a lot of new white heads on my chin (11 to be exact) and a lot of the pimples I had already had now had whiteheads on them so I am assuming my skin was purging. The next day, a lot of the whiteheads had disappeared but there were still heaps of bumps and rough skin. Today I woke up and all of the pimples on my chin were really dry and the skin surrounding was really flakey making my make up look terrible. I am assuming this is normal, although I haven't read any reviews from anyone else saying this has happened to them so not sure. Either way, I'm pretty happy with the product at the moment as it seems to be getting rid of the pimples, even though my skin looks terrible at the moment with all the dryness on my chin. I guess only time will tell!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Dee958

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have skin that's oily in the summer and dry in the winter, but always acne-prone. I didn't start getting acne until I went to college. My hormonal acne was annoying me so one day I purchased this at an Ulta near me. At first, this caused my skin to become extremely red where it was put on my face. After a few days of letting my skin calm down, I saw that, despite causing the redness, the acne was gone. This is a great product, don't be put off at first if it causes redness. Everyones skin is different, what's right for me might not be right for you. But for me, the redness went away and the product does its job.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Madlenka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a review on the European version, not USA, since the formulations are very different. Made my skin burn so beware if you have sensitive skin. Did not use it enough to see if it lives up to its claims because it is quite irritating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Excellent product for making your skin smooth and keeping your pimples and imperfections in check. Just love it! No particular dryness or itchiness observed. The texture is somewhat gel-like. No particular smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by bailey1008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOOOOOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! It looks expensive as it is all in French but it's really good value! It has cleared my skin up remarkably and it mattifies my skin so it's not the usual greaseball but more dewy which I love at this time of year(summer). I didn't have awful skin to start off with just some pimples around my face especially on my forehead but they have reduced incredibly in size and have actually stopped appearing at all!! Loooove

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A really great anti-acne product. I don't know how well it exfoliates but it does clear up acne and keep it at bay. It's light enough for people with oily skin, but it doesn't dry out your skin either. Definitely worth the expense.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

I use it as a spot treatment not an overall moisturiser. I just dab a little dot on my breakouts few times a day and in a day or two the breakouts dissappear. It would be a wonderful product if it didn't burn my skin. As a side effect the affected skin starts to peel and leaves a dry patch that is hard to hide under the make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by brilovenico

I'm 19 years old. I've had acne since I was about 14. My acne isn't the worst I've seen, but my face is always really red and I have small bumps all over my face. I've been to a dermatologist and they've given me a cream called Epiduo to use and also a pill to take. The Epiduo was way too harsh on my skin. My face felt like it was on fire while using it and it made my whole face even more red and made it peel like crazy. I stopped the cream and just stuck with the pill and my face improved some. I found out I was pregnant, though, and stopped taking the pill. Just recently came across this cream and decided to give it a try. I saw the commercial on tv and looked it up and seen many positive reviews. The tube size is very small to me, but since you only use a small amount on your face it should last awhile. I have to say that I LOVE this cream. I see some people say it should only be used for spot treatments, but I use it all over my face since I have small bumps everywhere. So far I've been using it almost 2 weeks and I have seen a significant difference in my face. It is now less red and most of the bumps on my forehead and cheeks have gone away. The bumps on my chin are just being difficult, but I'm going to be patient :) I use the cream twice a day and like the directions say only use a thin layer. My face is drying out more, but it's worth it. I've only felt slight burning on my face. Nothing too terrible. Another plus is that it doesn't have any smell! Well at least I don't smell anything when I put it on. All around I just love this cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by poppyplastic

I am reviewing the UK formulation:

The efficacy of this product depends largely on how often you use it. You should decide how often you need it based on how congested/scarred your skin, or areas of your skin, are. What I am certain about is that you must use this every day to see a result. I believe EVERYONE will notice a significant improvement after two weeks provided they do.

My forehead has very mild blackheads and seldom breaks out; one daily application is adequate to treat this. My chin, on the other hand, is very congested with closed comedones (or bumps/whiteheads) and breaks out very regularly, which has left a sea of red scars - two daily applications are needed for skin this congested. The only products which had worked prior to treat my chin were benzyl peroxide which made my skin dry, irritated and very flaky; and regular daily applications of tea trea oil which turned out to be very expensive to maintain. Neither of these treatments cleared my blocked pores.

This product has been the only thing EVER to effectively clear my whiteheads and subsequently reduce the frequency of breakouts. It does not dry my skin out very much at all, but will not be as hydrating as a normal moisturiser. My red marks have dramatically faded. This improvement only came when I started using it EVERY day and used it appropriately for my face.

I apply it to my chin morning and night after cleansing. In the morning I apply a non-greasy SPF on top to protect the new skin coming through, but usually don't apply an extra cream at night. If my forehead gets a bit bumpy, I will put it on at night and follow with a moisturiser usually as my skin is dry. I use a pea-sized amount for my entire chin area.

Stubborn skin problems can really make you down, but I promise that this method will help. Unless it irritates your skin, be patient and wait for a couple of weeks and you'll realise one day how much your skin has actually improved! I must add that it REALLY lasts a long time and has proven to be MUCH cheaper than my tea tree oil routine!

This product is fragranced.