La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

3.5

Salicylic acid - 0.5% aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, silica, mathyl methacrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl stearate se, piroctone olamine, caprylloyl glycine, myristyl myristate, potassium cetyl phosphate, capryloyl salicylic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, zinc pca, nylon-12, linoleic acid, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, parfum.

Just ordered my 3rd one of these, got it for ten pound from escentual.com rather than boots at £15, I had acne scars and do feel like this has helped to minimize them and have been using it for months now and I use this all over my skin as the uk version is ok for doing that :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm about a week into using this, and so far I'm amazed by the results! Waking up the second day of using it, I had no new acne and I saw a small change in the amount of redness on my cheeks. A few more days, and I still had no new spots, and my skin looked more even and felt less irritated. I've used this on maybe 50-60% of my face, including t-zone, the apple of my cheeks and around my mouth, and it hasn't dried me out the way I've found anything that's directly marketed as acne/spot treatments usually does. Granted, I've been thourough in putting moisturiser over it once it's dry, but then again that's not helped me before when usuing similar products. I like the fact that I can use it underneath my makeup without problem. I don't know if this is mostly a feeling or not, but I do feel like it "fights off" some of the disadvantages of putting foundations on acne prone skin.

Now I just hope that it's not a product my skin will get "immune" to so that the effect wears off after a while, but even if that would happen (knock on wood) I think I'd want to keep this within reach to get out whenever there's a stress-induced breakout at the horizon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product.
When I first bought it I was amazed by almost everything. The packaging which is simple and hygienic, the scent (it reminds me of fresh-cut roses), the feeling of the cream and the results that it gave to my face. It's a matte cream that controls the oils of my skin and it's absorbed quickly so it's ideal for under make-up use. The first few days I noticed that my acne looked less irritated and my face had calmed down. But now, after almost two months, my skin is breaking out again and this cream doesn't seem to do anything anymore. I don't know if this cream 'caused my new break outs or my skin just got used to it and needs something more to help with my acne. I may be repurchasing this cream in the future but not right after it's finished just because I feel like I need to try something else. And as for the price I believe it's affordable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this product as a sample from an advisor at a Boots beauty counter: I was looking for a moisturiser for my acne prone skin and she suggested a treatment. I had previously purchased the Effaclar face wash and Effaclar astringent (not my favourite products, more on them later) but this was the only product from the 3-step regime not to have had the pleasure of gracing my face.

I was eager to try it, believing that it had to be the missing link - why hadn't the Effaclar system cleared my skin?

The product oozes out like a gel, white and fairly transparent when spread across your skin.
The smell is relatively normal, in that space between clinical and regular so it's not entirely unscented but it not a disturbing scent at all.
One thing that definitely convinced me to try the range is the packaging! Seemingly high-end, simple and straight to the point like I hoped the product would be.
The actual tube of product in stores is pretty small for around £15.50 for a 40ml tube (sheesh).

So when I first tried this product, I was going away for the weekend and stripped back my regime only to products from the Effaclar line - face wash, astringent and then this magic tube (apparently a moisturiser, spot treatment and other thingie treatment too) - BAD IDEA.

Despite my having oily skin, the product was not enough to moisturise, I think my skin drank it as I did try slathering it on but my skin still felt paper dry. There was no noticeable improvement in my skin.

So this product was a flop! I did use it for a few weeks in total (the Boots assistant gave me a truck load of samples), but I honestly don't think it did enough for me to even consider buying it. I had high hopes, but not a magic treatment for me.

After hearing so many good reviews, I decided to give this product a try. The texture is really nice and is absorbed quickly into the skin. It leaves a matte, almost tight feeling which has really controlled my oily skin. However it seems to be giving me more breakouts! Maybe I haven't been using it for long enough, but I expected to see some positive results by the second week. I bought this mainly to get rid of my scars and red marks from when I suffered from acne, but it's just made it come back! NOOOO. I'll keep on using it for another few weeks just to see how it goes, but so far I'm not too happy :(

First of all, I find this too drying if I were to apply this all over my face, as per recommended. I have combination / normal skin, and have extremely reactive / sensitive skin so my first time using this product went really badly... It stung and turned my skin red and blotchy.

I suffer from crazy hormonal breakouts, where I not only get bumpy skin but cystic acne too. I find applying a thick layer of Effaclar Duo + on the spot overnight really helps bring the cystic acne to a head. Then, in the day, I apply a thin layer on top of makeup with my foundation brush (with leftover foundation) just so it doesn't just leave a glossy sheen, which will certainly draw even more attention to the offending zit. Remember to wash your brush immediately after!

This works wonderfully well, the only downside is that La Roche Posay isn't available in Malaysia. ='(

This stuff is amazing at clearing up breakouts, including the cystic kind - it's powerful stuff, but doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and isn't excessively drying. It's expensive but you only need to use a little bit on the affected area - the instructions say to apply to your whole face, but I really don't know why anyone would do that. If you use it as a spot treatment the tube will last quite a while. Just FYI, if there's a chance that anyone might kiss you on an area where you have applied this, you should warn them as it evidently tastes really, really bad, even some time after application...

I have only used this for a week now and I'm excited about using it for many more years to come.
My routine in the morning is cleanse (effaclar foaming wash for oily sensitive skin) toner (100% rosewater) using a cotton ball and gently swiping my face. Then I use LRP Ar intense serum for my rosecea, let that dry and finally under my makeup I use this amazing product- effaclar duo. It's a fantastic base for makeup might I add :)
Totally worth every cent. This routine has changed my skin appearance- it's not perfect :( but well on it's way to clearing my red spots from past pimples and slowly evening out my skin tone. I have tried almost everything from expensive products to cheap ones and ALL have reacted on my sensitive skin and caused breakouts- expect for this routine. I'm amazed and so will you if you suffer from oily sensitive breakout prone skin. Try this, I promise it'll work! It did for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought it last week with $20 ( in Vietnam from a shipping store from France)
It was quite inexpensive since the tube is quite big and I only used a small amount of it everyday.
I heard from some bloggers that using this will never leave dark marks which are my biggest problem. My face full of marks)....
Maybe I lack of hopeful methods to heal pre and post acne :(.
In my opinion, it really calm down acne and red acne, but only calm down.
It still maintain the redness = =, the core acne I can feel it clearly but I still dont know whether it will heal it perfectly.

Talking about the speed in sizing ur acne, it is faster than Bye Bye drying lotion
In healing, quite the same.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Does it work? For me, Yes! Let's take the claims one by one.

" It reduces the appearance of blemishes". Well it does take down the redness in my skin, so we can check that.
"Unclogs pores" I exfoliate almost daily, and extract my blackheads every week so I can't give a verdict on that.
" Helps to refine skin texture" A lot of people on the internet said they don't like the texture of the product and that it gets grainy on their skin. That never happened to me. In my opinion, it feels like a very light-weight cream that sinks in the skin immediately. And I use it as a serum, putting moisturiser on top. It doesn't feel dry at all, but don't rely on it as a moisturiser unless you are very oily. It has glycerin in it and some silicone so it can leave your skin smooth after use, but the grainy feel that others have experienced might be that their skin is dry or dehydrated when they put it on. If that happens, I would suggest to go in with a moisturising toner or face spray before applying Effaclar.
"Controls the appearance of shine". It has some silicones in it, so it will do that to a certain extent, but not like a primer would. Also, being so light-weight it will not add to the "grease effect".
"Fights against marks". It has niacinamide, which is most likely the ingredient in it that takes down the redness. Also, niacinamide is used a lot in cosmetics because it helps with pigmentation issues. So we can agree with this claim.
This is my 5th bottle (had the old version too and liked it). I try new products but I repurchase it a lot because it helps my skin during it's tumultuous phases when my hormonal acne pops out to say "Hi!". I don't use it every day, just when I need it, and only at night. The main thing I like about it is how is calms down my face, takes down my redness and irritation feel. You know when you feel like there is something alive under your skin that is crawling out? Well this kicks it back down and tells it to shut it. It would be really good for oily skin, but I have dehydrated skin and often get very dry patches and I can still use it if I moisturise properly. Pretty good product. Always in my stash, ready to get out when I need it.