September 14, 2014 | 2169 users online

Highlighters - Tarte - Smooth Operator Illuminating Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by drpsyc

see my review in the tinted moisturizer category.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by erinrichmond

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore this product. I first got it as part of a kit before it was available for individual sale. I wear it daily for work underneath one of the other Tarte tinted moisturizers. It gives my skin a youthful, dewy glow. On weekends I wear the illuminating serum alone with no tinted moisturizer on top to even out my skin tone a bit. I used to use BareMinerals and loved the fact that minerals had allowed my skin tone to lose all the ruddiness I'd had for years. I didn't like how dry the Bare Minerals was, though, and it accentuated fine lines around my eyes. The Tarte products are great because they, too, are mineral based. But the illuminating serum does the job on evening out my skin tone, give a glow, and disguising fine lines. Couldn't live without this stuff!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I've never used Tarte, I was looking for a highlighter to replace my NARS multiple. And I got a sample of this from Sephora. I was impressed. I used this over my MAC sculpt foundation and was impressed. I used it all over my face, it was dewy and illuminated my skin. I love the feel of it, breathable and doesn't feel heavy. I put it all over my neck and shoulders too. I found that it lasted long. I wore it to the beach, it didn't melt. I wish it wasn't so damn expensive.... I have used it 3 times. I really like it, the highlight is subtle. I don't know if I would use this for a highlighter exactly. I would use this on its own in the summer to go to the beach or if I'm too lazy to do a full face of makeup and powder. Once my sample is over, I will buy this...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by sjalbert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this product because of the reviews I read here. I love it. I use it as a tinted moisturizer over primer. It matches my skin color exactly. It leaves a nice sheen without looking greasy. It smoothes fine wrinkles and evens out my skin tone. I set it with a translucent setting powder and I'm set for the day. I will be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by ebgirl

This is a fantastic product! It is lightweight and illuminating, and the shimmer is not too over-the-top. I have been using this instead of concealer under my eyes and it's fantastic. It's lightweight, so it doesn't emphasize lines and it reflects light in a way that conceals undereye circles without the heavy coverage of a concealer. If I have a blemish or scar, I mix a bit of this in with concealer and it's even better than just plain concealer. I do not use it over my entire face; only under my eyes and along the top of my cheekbones. You only need to apply the lightest pressure to the tube because very little needs to be used. Despite my very sensitive skin, I have never had a reaction to Tarte's products.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by pearbeary18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to keep this so much, but I can't. I don't think this does much for my oily skin. It also made it difficult for me to put on my mineral foundation because of the extra moisture. In addition, it gave me a pink cast. When you look at the product, the shimmer is sort of a pink copper color, which I'm guessing works well for white women who have a pink undertone. I, on the other hand, have yellow undertones. I hope Tarte comes out with one that has a golden shimmer to it because I think it would work well for me during the fall/winter when my skin is drier. And by "shimmer", I don't actually mean "shimmer". It's a very, very subtle "shimmer" (for lack of better terms) that gives you a nice glow. Definitely try it if you have normal-dry skin with pink undertones.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've got to be missing something. I've used this over foundation, under foundation, on my cheekbones only, I just can't figure out what this exactly does that's wonderful. It doesn't make me glow, it just makes me look a little oily, and I generally don't have oily skin. It reminds me of Smashbox Photo Op, in that I'm sure it can bring some shimmer, somewhere, but I'm not exactly why I need that or what to do with this product. I guess it would be ok to mix with regular SPF moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer, on days I don't want foundation but want a little color. I just don't get this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ClassynClean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product! Its the only highlighter i use. I dont have perfect skin and even though i dont have mature skin, i have too many noticable flaws that are emphasized when i put on shimmery blushes or highlighters. This lighlighter is a lotion/cream so it fills in the little lines that a powder highlighter would usually emphasize and so it gives me that youthful glowy look without making me look 10 years older. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by jennsilentcrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love it. I can use it instead of foundation, which i find astounding. I have medium light kin,but it sinks right in and takes abt 5 years off. so far no downside.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by des80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Tarte is my favorite makeup brand right now and the illuminating serum is brilliant. I use it as a tinted moisturizer and It looks awesome, not glittery just a nice subtle shimmer. I wish you could buy this on it's own. A little concealer and serum and I can be ready to hit the door. I did try to mix this with my regular foundation (MAC satinfinish) whoa..too much shimmer, so I only use it when I'm in a hurry and can use it by itself, which is all the time.