September 24, 2014 | 1465 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Dark Kiss

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

[BATH & BODY WORKS SERIES #2] Dark Kiss…argh, hrm, what to say about it? Other than it’s being discontinued. On one hand that’s a shame, because I love when Bath & Body Works steps out of the fruity-girly pigeonhole it’s fallen into lately, but they’ve gotten it a hell of a lot right-er than this. Orange Sapphire comes to mind: a fragrance that explored innovative territory and accomplished a rare type of fresh, clean sophistication to show for it. With Dark Kiss, one word describes the beautifully-packaged blend of saccharine and smoky: OBNOXIOUS. My visual style is edgy, edgy, edgy, but as far as scents go, I’m kind of conservative; I don’t want people to smell me before they see me, and I don’t want something that tries too hard, as Dark Kiss does. Then again, I do have a mild case of sensory defensiveness—misinterpreting ordinary stimulus as threatening signals—so for all I know, that could hold as much blame as personal preference. Hopefully, the hole B&BW is opening in their Signature Collection can be filled with something that offers a dusky, sultry, grown-up persona that isn’t strong enough to get up and walk on its own. I recommend they spend some quality time with Versace Crystal Noir or Armani Code, and take lots and lots of notes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Chrissydoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

When I was in B&BW during their Semi-Annual sale, I picked up the Dark Kiss full size body mist out of the three dollar bin. I picked it up and put it on a piece of sample paper, and I waved it and I almost gagged. But, it was three dollars so I just bought it anyways. When I got home I sprayed it on my wrists and neck, and I got compliments from everyone around me! I actaully did end up really liking the smell, but if I put too much on I smell it for hours and get a headache. Nice packaging and it stays for hours!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had the dark kisses creamy body wash and mist for over a year now and I really enjoy it but very occasional do I enjoy it. Its a very dark scent. Stays FOREVER. I mean really it does. I've sprayed it on my clothes and it will be on them till I wash them. So the staying power alone is amazing. It is definitely a sexy spray. All the guys love it. Its such a rich musky scent. And the creamy body wash it really is super creamy and feels like a dream. I knocked off a lippie because personally I don't find myself wearing this much because when you do wear it I feel like it can be much and you set it aside for a while then go back to it. I like stuff I can get a ton of use out of but this isnt my go to scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance. It's sweet and sensual and has a dark berry tone to it. I love it as an inexpensive every day scent for fall and winter. I do find that all B&BW scents fade fairly quickly on me but the price is pretty reasonable. I will continue to buy as I love the scent and always get compliments from men on how nice I smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Wolfshimmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the sexiest and most delicious scent I have ever come across. It is my instant favorite. I especially love the body shimmer spray, so I smell ever so tasty and I glitter too. It smells like Pink Sugar and reminds me of cupcakes! It is just delectable!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be high on the list of bath and body works sexiest scents it smells amazing and I love it soo much. I bout the whole set and that says alot for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Speaking about the body spray here. I love it. I think it's like sexified grown woman cotton candy. It reminds me of a more adult version of Pink Sugar. Lasts a long time on me! Fav scent right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by saygrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I agree with flyingfish below that this is how a vampire would smell like.

Don't get me wrong. I like it. I think it's sexy in a slightly morbid kind of way. Kinda like a bottle straight out of Morticia Adams' wardrobe. I think the people who like this scent might be best friends with people who like Demeter Funeral Home. :)

I want to but I don't think I'm brave enough to use this. This honestly scares the bejesus out of me whenever I smell it. I always feel like there's a vampire coming or the ghost of my dead relative is just right behind me. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that my heart races when I smell this. I watch too many movies.

I won't throw away mine, though. I'll keep it for when I need to channel my inner Morticia.

Well, since it's Halloween, it's in season I guess :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! To me this has the same tones as Kat Von D's Sinner which I also love. I live in a med size town and can't get to Sinner easily and prefer not to order online when possible. I will be buying most items in thia scent and the sparkly pump. It's such a sexy scent! My husband keeps smelling my neck and kissing on me when I wear this. A very nice extra bonus bc I would wear it even if it made him barf. Sorry for saying barf, oh I just said barf again. This scent smells a million times better than barf. I should get a marketing job, "Buy this, it smells much better then barf and men will desire you."

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by MyIntuition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my favorite scents to wear for all occasions.
This is a rich, musky, dark Berrie scent. If Sexy had a scent this would be it.

From friends, to my boyfriends mother, everyone i know seems to comment on how good I smell when I wear it. the scent is more of a winter scent. Its very saturated and far from fresh and clean scented.

The only thing that irritates me is the scent changes from product to product. An example is.. The body spray/EDT smells so delectable as does the body lotion and Body Butter and Shower gel. But the Body Cream and sometimes a body butter.. smells like Road kill when mixed with my body chemistry. May be just me, but still something to keep in the back of your mind when purchasing.

A quick tip, If you want these Bath and Body scents to last longer. take SOME lotion and put it in your hair or on your jeans. Its safe on clothing and as for your hair its not sujested but wont hurt it. HA!