Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Don't Steal My Thunder

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/25/2012 10:38:00 AM

For a classic, silver and black smokey eye this is perfect and very affordable ($3). The silver and black have a good color payoff and a soft texture, but a little too soft, because it is easy to crack these eyeshadows. The white shadow for some reason is a little chalkier than the other two colors, but still useable. The black comes off very intense, and you have to be careful not to apply too much. The silver is pretty and has a bit of a blue undertone, it's definitely my favorite color in the trio.
The packaging is flimsy and the applicators (sponge & brush) are pretty useless, but you can't expect more from such a cheap product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this to try and do a smoky eye look, and I wanted something cheap because the look would be for special occasions only. I didn't like it much, it smudged a bit and it didnt really blend well so it looked weird and was way too sparkly for me. I do not recommend it and I wont buy it again.

on 1/22/2012 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this to have black silver and white in 1 compact. Unfortunately the silver is really more of a grey. The black and white are ok though. I wanted more of a shimmery metallic silver color

on 1/18/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I hit the pan on the silver shadow I was using from too faced. So I bought this hoping it would be good quality. I love it. I use this regularly and I'm so happy that I don't have to spend a lot when I hit the pan on this one. All 3 shades are great together or with other looks.

on 1/6/2012 9:22:00 PM

Love this trio! Simple colors that are great for a smoky eye. My only issue is (and with all Wet N Wild eye shadow) is that it seems to make a little mess when you put it on your brush.

If you go to their website and look up this trio, it will look like the black is shimmery but the truth is it isn't. Which works for me.

Great price for a great product, will buy again!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I've been a huge fan of WnW eyeshadows for a while now, I absolutely love the trios! However, this is my huge exception. For some reason I bought it at Walmart and it was more expensive, about $4 (I usually get them at Walgreens for about $2). I looked past that though cause it didn't matter much. I was super excited to get a new trio, and that night as soon as I brought it home (it was new years eve) I went straight to using it.

Unlike my other trios, this one was not a good texture and did not have any pigmentation at all. Like others have said, the silver (if you can call it that..) was horrible. I would rub my finger over it like 10 times and barely have a hint of gray on my finger. The black was very light and dry compared to the black in other WnW trios like Silent Treatment. The white was chalky and just gross to me. I'm so sad cause I thought I'd love this trio, but I will be returning it tomorrow and getting another one to try out (:

If you want a more in depth review and pics check out my new blog: http://ohlovelydear.blogspot.com/ I'm doing a new review every single day of 2012! xo

This is how the story goes...I look up reviews and swatches. I get all excited to purchase every single palette ever made. Then, I get to drugstore and I get super hesitant. I stand there and I dont' have that "OMG I WANT" urge at all. I think it's because of the packaging? But, for 2.99-4.99, what am I supposed to complain about? Sometimes the shadows are all broken and powdery in the package on the display!

This is the first trio I finally purchased even tho there are tons of other color combos, I was thinking what I didn't have already. I have every color I could want from my UD BOS II, UD Naked Palette, and the Josie Maran My Favorite Argan Colors Palette. No simple black smokey eye colors in those palettes. I swatched it right when I got home- I hated it. The white is frosty fall out city, the silver was powdery and the black was meh. I did an eye look before I took a shower and I have to say that with some primer, cream color shadow on top, this was pretty decent. For the price, it's pretty decent. I don't feel like I wasted $2.99 + tax. I'm just not overly excited over it. I feel like I would rather just get the 8-palette in Blue Had Me at Hello since you can definitely do a black smokey eye and the color swatches online look a lot better than the trio.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Some general colors here, white, black and grey. Nothing special but I like it. I can use these three colors everyday and have no problem. If you are looking for something inexpensive and a dupe for mac this is definitely that you should try it out.

on 6/25/2011 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

did not like this very much. the applicators it comes with are okay, i use them for my other eyeshadows. but anyways, the silver color creases and does not last long. the black did not last long, even with my eyeshadow primer, and was not very pigmented. i haven't thrown away or returned this eyeshadow trio because i only like the white shade. it's very bright, but not highly pigmented. i use the white for my browbone and my tearducts.

The worst part of the packaging is the stickers they use to steal it... I've chipped/peeled a few of my nails trying to scratch them off. Those things are ON there!
That being said, these 3 colors blend beautifully. Great staying power on it's own, but when used with a primer, AMAZING stay. Just like everyone says, it has incredibly dense pigmentation. This creates a great monochromatic smokey eye!