April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Hair Color - Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by isohappy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is almost all white now and I used Age Beautiful 8G with generic 10 volume peroxide from Sally's. The color does come out dark blond but when I went into the sun it developed the most beautiful highlights. It's as if the color provided the lowlights so I could have beautiful blond streaks. I have been coloring my hair since 1993 and have never had permanent color leave my hair in such great condition. I went out and bought more--going to experiment with 9G and 9N. I used 10 volume for the first time because I realized I didn't need to lift the color two steps. Age Beautiful provided wonderful grey coverage (my hair is somewhat resistant) and it thickened my fine hair. Highly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by angelinababe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have long, thick hair. I bought this product thinking that it would cover my white hair. I really had high hopes for this product. Mind you, it's not cheap! However, I bought a lot because I need more than 1 to cover my thick hair.

The bottle is small so 1 is good only if you have a really short hair cut. Age Beautiful did not do its job. It did not live up to its claim. I still have a lot of white hair, especially on top in front of my head. Why does this product claim to have 100% grey coverage when it OBVIOUSLY is not true?!

Age Beautiful is a scam. I wasted my time and money on something that I had extremely high hopes for. No exaggeration at all. I just finished coloring my hair a few minutes ago and I am very disappointed. I want everyone to know that this product does not cover gray/white hair. Please don't buy. You will thank me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by JessicaRabbitVB

I tried this colour for the first time a couple months ago in 3RV colour Darkest Plum Brown and I really did love the colour. Exactly what I had wanted! I have thick wavy hair and I found this colour did my hair a have a bit of a residue on it because it is supposed to help thicken for ager people with finer hair! So I had to make sure I deep conditioned after to remove some of that residue and restore moisture.. Impressed with the colour overall

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Silvia8329

Pros:
Minimal fading (The first time I tried to fade using baking soda and clarifying shampoo. It didn't budge)
Very affordable (They had a sale last month 2 for 1....ended up being less than $6 for 2 tubes of color!)
Gentle on hair (My hair didn't feel like straw afterward using 20 developer. 2nd time I made 25 developer and it felt a tad bit rough when I rinsed but nothing like it has felt in the past using Nice and Easy)
Low odor
Covers grey (I probably have 40% grey)

Cons:
Finding the right shade (get someone to help you if possible. I didn't ask for help and went way too dark the first time. 2nd time was perfect though and worth the experimentation to find the right color b/c this is definitely the right product for me)

Best applied with a brush and bowl not a bottle (this is a preference thing, I'm sure most pros prefer the brush)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by madhuri4life

I made the transition from drugstore hair-dye to salon quality and popped into my local Sallys beauty supply store. I always keep my hair jet-black, so picked up the darkest shade in this collection in permanent. I'm only 29, but have alot of grays around my temples, mainly towards the front area surrounding my face. This stuff is AWESOME! The color is RICH! And it really does LAST! I have dyed my hair twice already with this and have only noticed new growth, no fading, no changing color, no blue/purple or reddish tinges. I have tried the Ion collection and the Argan collection--both in jet/darkest blacks, but they are NOTHING compared to this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Jhlcomp2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have over 50% grey hair and in my center part it is 100% grey. I have been using this product for two years and it does a fantastic job on the greys with no fading. Getting the right color is another matter entirely. I am a medium-dark blonde - because of the 100% white I have to lean towards the darker blonde to achieve that medium effect in my part area. This color throws red in a big way even if you use the ash which I also use. I use 1/2 medium ash blonde, 1/2 medium blonde, I/2 dark ash blonde and 1/2 dark blonde = 2 parts and 2 parts 20 vol developer.

Here is my recent experience. Over the last numbers of year, my hair has becomes finer and I am also losing more hair. With stress and hormones going nuts, I have been experiencing even more hair loss recently. Yesterday I colored my hair (I always add about 1/2 teaspoon of Phyto Intense Hydrating Oil Treatment to the color). As I shampooed my hair in the shower, it started falling out to the point I began to panic. I don't want to insinuate that the hair color is the cause for this, but until my tests come back from my dermatologist, I also can not rule it out. The other issue I have had is increasingly dry hair. I do not use any products except oil and gentle hair shampoos, etc. so that is not contributing to the problem. I only use a hair dryer set on medium setting.

The main point of this review is to tell you that this is the best I have found to cover grey hair. Will I continue to use this? Given my current situation - I just don't know for now. I will post again with an update.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG!!! LOOOOVE IT! I had strawberry blonde hair when younger-hated it then, but would spend a small fortuen to get it back. I went to Sally's and they had d/c an old color I used to use, so I got 9RC-I was worred because the swatches looked a little weird, with even a little green on strands.

I used 9RC Light Strawberry Blonde with their 20 Developer. Put it on roots for 30-35 minutes, then added water to color and massaged it into the rest of my past-shoulder hair, massaging the watery color through roots to end and leaving for another 10 minutes. The color I had on (except gray roots) was faded Red Penny, which had been used over faded Light Redish Brown (both from other brands).

The color is natrual looking and beautiful-not too brassy/coppery/red-just a nice neutral (not too warm or cool) strawberry blonde.

My hair is in wonderful condition. I used a pre-color treatment that you put on and then color over to distribute color evenly. And I used a conditioner that came in another DS coloring kit.

I LOVE the color!!! Red Penny was a little too red, especially at roots when retouching. Light and medium reddish brown was too warm-something not quite right. Other brands of Strawberry Blonde scared me with the bright cover photo (and I remember once ending up with pinkish hair with one brand), and Auburn came out purplish.

This color is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up in 1N (Jet Black) on the recommendation of my stylist. I've used this a few times now and have been quite impressed. I don't have grey but my natural colour is dark/dirty blonde and I dye it jet black, and it covers very well and holds up without fading until my next 4 week touch-up. It's a true, jet, jet black with no brown, red or blue undertones. I also find it spreads through the hair easier than drugstore box dyes I've used previously, so I don't miss any spots. It leaves my hair super, super shiney and silky right from the beginning as well (of course after conditioning when I rinse the colour out), whereas my hair's normally a bit stiff until the first shampooing after using a box dye. They're also very generous in the amount they give you compared to box dyes. My hair is shoulder length and with the 2 oz of cream colour and 2 oz of volume, I probably only end up using 1/2 to 2/3 of the mixture (I use all of it with a box colour). I can't vouch for the other colours as I haven't tried them, but if you're looking for a good jet black permanent dye, I'd highly recommend this one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

I hate to bring down the good reviews but this just didn't work for me. For the last 3 years or so I have been using the Ion brand from Sally's which I absolutely adore. I have medium blonde hair which I usually lighten with 9v, 10v or 10a. The last time I used it was with the 12v high-lift because I wanted to go more platinum. It worked really well. When I was at Sally's to pick up more the SA was signing the praises of this line to another customer. It sounded great so I thought I would try it. I purchased the 12a high-lift (with ash tones).

It does smell nice & seemed gentle but that's about the only thing good I can say. It did not lift my new growth very much and made it very gold. The previously lightened areas were very ashy, almost green tinted. I followed the directions precisely and use a protein filler before hand. I had 2-toned hair that didn't look great.

I waited a month and used my Ion 12v and my hair looks great again. All one color again. The darker colors may work very well and based on the reviews they must. But I would warn people about using the lightest or high-lift colors.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by ashswonderland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking to get my hair black with a purple tint forever! I tried using black dye with a semi permanent purple over and that worked ok but was a lot of work. Sallys didn't carry a black dye with plum. I found one but it was discontinued. So one day I saw this dye in plum black and plum dark brown and got so excited! So I picked up plum black and gave it a shot yesterday and I have to say it is exactly what I've been looking for! Its beautiful! I used the plum black over john freidas cherry brown and it came out black with purple highlights its very subtle and can only be picked up in certain lighting but its exactly what I wanted and couldn't be happier. I mixed it using the age beautiful developer in 20 and am very happy with ny results. My hair is damaged from dying and I've been avoiding dyes like the plague recently but this one was nice it didn't leave it dry or more damaged. I used dove oil therapy daily treatment conditioner after coloring and my hair was baby soft! So yeah I'm going to buy as many backups of this dye as I can cause sallys seem to love to discontinue dyes I love. :/