April 20, 2014 | 1287 users online

Fragrances - Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by ohwrite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. It's not syrupy sweet and dries down to something resembling Youth Dew, but much less overwhelming. Very nice scent of its kind and longlasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

patchouli-vanilla! I used to really hate hippies and patchouli (I still hate Britney's "believe") but this perfume makes it so feminine and beautiful, I was taken by surprise, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by tyekristopher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The reason I gave this such a high rating is because of kuddos to jessica simpson for stepping outside the boundries and trying something very different from the other celebrities. She has a knack for appealing to alot of different people and I think with this one you have to be a specific fragrance lover and it's not going to be everybody's cup of tea. It is a very bold, smokey vanilla scent. If you love patchulli you will more than likely like this rare gem. It starts off really loud and bold but after that 15 mins you get a nice soft patchulli vanilla combo, I was quick to judge this but after I let it settle It changed my mind, I'm 25 and like her sweeter fragrances but I do respect her for this one and giving it a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as "celebuscents" go, this was one of the first that truly impressed me because it smelt daringly imbalanced and flagrantly anti-mass market; almost like something a niche house might put out. If you love high-cal cupcake vanilla scents along the veins of Britney’s, you might be disappointed.

Fancy Nights manages to combine a complex "earth-and-leaves" smokiness with a soft powdery sweetness which flies in the face of all the typical celeb scents out there. But the dirt-and-grass aroma of patchouli definitely dominates this fragrance, so you have to at least be able to tolerate the note. I personally find the patchouli a touch TOO strong and I have to really be in the mood for it; hence the 3-rating.

As ambery patchouli-scents go, I'd actually hazard to place it closer to Chanel's Coromandel, which shares that same sappy patchouli, although I prefer Coromandel since the patchouli is better balanced with a creamy accord.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by TwilightSparkle

I bought this fragrance without smelling it first because it was heavily discounted at TJmaxx, and since I like Jessica Simpson's other perfumes I thought I would chance it. When I sprayed it for the first time, I thought I had made a mistake. It was stronger and more mature than I'm used to. However, the scent became more welcoming as it dried. If you can get past the initial spray, you might find it to be more unique than the typical celebrity fragrance. You won't need a lot though and it's probably best for the evening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd wondered for a while whether I should buy this fragrance. I already own Shalimar and Samsara and many other oriental scents, but the beautiful green bottle of Nights was a big selling point for me, despite my existing inventory. Plus, I love incense, and I burn Japanese incense sticks all the time. Smelling like incense is a dream come true for me, so naturally, I love the spicy, woodsy, warm smell of this perfume. I think it is most similar to Shalimar, but Shalimar has a very crisp, almost effervescent citrus note at the very top that I find must settle down before the fragrance smells its best. Nights is more smoky right from the top.

I don't spray Nights directly onto my body. I spray it above my head and allow it to mist upon my neck and shoulders. I think this scent could come across as too sharp and heady if one were to blast it directly onto their pulse points, but when the fragrance fans out, it smells warm, smoky, and balanced.

As with Fancy Love, I'm very surprised by the quality and loveliness of Jessica Simpson's perfumes. I may avoid her music as best I can, but I think her fragrances are respectable and worth looking into.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

What a fascinating fragrance! It opens with vanilla and a wierd, fairly horrible note - combo of rubber and onions. If you can grit your teeth and wait it out, rubber/onions resolves into wood and spice, and this dries down (after about 5 minutes) into a delicious, sweet, powdery fragrance with a light hit of spice. The sillage varies between non-existent to A Lotta Woman, and it often dries down to near nothing. On the other hand, overzealous spraying has resulted in the paint in my room bubbling up and neighbors complaining. So, start with a light hand.

I love the beautiful emerald bottle, and while I'd like more longevity (and less onion -- the rubber I could probably live with briefly) overall, this is really good. I have a suspicion -- some perfumer found this aromachemical that dries down to a beautiful spicy/powder but has an appalling opening. For years she's been trying to talk people into using it in fragrances with no luck. Finally the chemical went on crazy sale and Fancy Nights has such a low price point that they used it figuring it would shake out in cost.

I'm absolutely wrong, of course... but wouldn't it be a great story.

I wouldn't give this as a gift without a huge qualifier, and some may not be able to wait out that ghastly opening, but if you can, it's totally worth it! Just... don't apply this around anyone else or in an enclosed space!

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this it's sweetened, tamed patchouli, ambery wood and mideastern incense and powder. It's a kind of daytime sultry. It's a bit too tame for a nightime perfume.

It has good sillage and the lasting power is quite good.

I like the bottle design too, it seems to suit the mideastern tone of this perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale at a boutique store steinmart for 15.00 )- I love all the other Jessica fragrances so I wanted to try this, its definately a spicy, sexy mystical fragrance. The dry down is awesome very spicy and it reminds me of the old estee lauder youth dew my mom wore in the 70's . This makes you feel sexy & hippy-ish at the same time. I love the staying power and all her fragrances are great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Saw alot of this on sale and spritzed some on...left the store...went home...went back next day and bought a bottle for 19 bucks. It reminded me of fragrances from the 60's. Back then alot of the heavier scents had amber to them and the amber in this just works beautifully. It does bring to mind Tabu and even Anne Klein II in a very good way. I really like this alot...I'm just bummed I've added to Jessica Simpson's billion dollar empire. Fancy that!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No