September 30, 2014 | 1784 users online

Fragrances - Jessica Simpson - Fancy Nights

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by jennybee71

Wow.... I'm in love with this. I am a patchouli purist and have been wanting something to wear when I don't use straight patchouli oil and this reminds me of my favorite patchouli-vanilla incense. I'm not excited about telling people what it is when they ask, but I love it that much that I'm just going for it! I purchased mine on ebay for $8 and now will be on the hunt for the lotion & shower gel. Really, really pleasantly surprised & have a new favorite!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really a 3.5 for me, which I rounded down. I found a small little sampler of this at Burlington, and was determined to try it. I don't see myself wearing it often, it's heavier than what I thought. Drydown is nice, surprisingly doesn't last very long on my skin. I don't get much vanilla, heavy patch and bergamont stand out. Nice for a "mature", cultivated scent. It brings to mind a scent someone with a fur coat, beautiful salon-quality hair, red lips, and a slight European accent would be wearing. Very much an Oriental. Not really for me, but nice to have around in my collection for variety.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by pinupgirl1949

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased Fancy Nights without trying it because i liked the other fragrances in the same Jessica Simpson line.This one is not like the others!! Smells just like Shalimar to me!!Smells like your Grandfathers after shave!Way too Strong and over powering and VERY Masculine!!Nothing feminine about this one! I really don't like this one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by NumberSixBIITCHES

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does NOT smell soapy like Emeraulde- not at all alike! This smells like patchouli and vanilla and it's beautiful! lol this sounds so funny coming out of my b/c I generally hate hippies and patchouli but this doesn't smell like that at all, this smells classy and feminine (not cheap and tacky like Britney Spears' Believe patchouli scent). I love Fancy Nights and one spray lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by ohwrite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. It's not syrupy sweet and dries down to something resembling Youth Dew, but much less overwhelming. Very nice scent of its kind and longlasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

patchouli-vanilla! I used to really hate hippies and patchouli (I still hate Britney's "believe") but this perfume makes it so feminine and beautiful, I was taken by surprise, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by tyekristopher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The reason I gave this such a high rating is because of kuddos to jessica simpson for stepping outside the boundries and trying something very different from the other celebrities. She has a knack for appealing to alot of different people and I think with this one you have to be a specific fragrance lover and it's not going to be everybody's cup of tea. It is a very bold, smokey vanilla scent. If you love patchulli you will more than likely like this rare gem. It starts off really loud and bold but after that 15 mins you get a nice soft patchulli vanilla combo, I was quick to judge this but after I let it settle It changed my mind, I'm 25 and like her sweeter fragrances but I do respect her for this one and giving it a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as "celebuscents" go, this was one of the first that truly impressed me because it smelt daringly imbalanced and flagrantly anti-mass market; almost like something a niche house might put out. If you love high-cal cupcake vanilla scents along the veins of Britney’s, you might be disappointed.

Fancy Nights manages to combine a complex "earth-and-leaves" smokiness with a soft powdery sweetness which flies in the face of all the typical celeb scents out there. But the dirt-and-grass aroma of patchouli definitely dominates this fragrance, so you have to at least be able to tolerate the note. I personally find the patchouli a touch TOO strong and I have to really be in the mood for it; hence the 3-rating.

As ambery patchouli-scents go, I'd actually hazard to place it closer to Chanel's Coromandel, which shares that same sappy patchouli, although I prefer Coromandel since the patchouli is better balanced with a creamy accord.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by TwilightSparkle

I bought this fragrance without smelling it first because it was heavily discounted at TJmaxx, and since I like Jessica Simpson's other perfumes I thought I would chance it. When I sprayed it for the first time, I thought I had made a mistake. It was stronger and more mature than I'm used to. However, the scent became more welcoming as it dried. If you can get past the initial spray, you might find it to be more unique than the typical celebrity fragrance. You won't need a lot though and it's probably best for the evening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd wondered for a while whether I should buy this fragrance. I already own Shalimar and Samsara and many other oriental scents, but the beautiful green bottle of Nights was a big selling point for me, despite my existing inventory. Plus, I love incense, and I burn Japanese incense sticks all the time. Smelling like incense is a dream come true for me, so naturally, I love the spicy, woodsy, warm smell of this perfume. I think it is most similar to Shalimar, but Shalimar has a very crisp, almost effervescent citrus note at the very top that I find must settle down before the fragrance smells its best. Nights is more smoky right from the top.

I don't spray Nights directly onto my body. I spray it above my head and allow it to mist upon my neck and shoulders. I think this scent could come across as too sharp and heady if one were to blast it directly onto their pulse points, but when the fragrance fans out, it smells warm, smoky, and balanced.

As with Fancy Love, I'm very surprised by the quality and loveliness of Jessica Simpson's perfumes. I may avoid her music as best I can, but I think her fragrances are respectable and worth looking into.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No