Conair Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron

4.6

on 12/26/2013 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have thick, below my shoulders, wavy/frizzy hair. I've never been able to curl my hair to my satisfaction with curlers, curling irons, or flat irons. You would think that having wavy hair would make it easier to curl, but nope! I always end up with flat, poofball frizz when I attempt to curl my hair, and my natural waves aren't the prettiest, either. Enter the Conair You Curl and OMG it's like new hair!

I'm not very good at wielding curling irons; since they've never given me stellar results I've never felt the need to perfect my technique. With that in mind, I was apprehensive about using this tool. I pictured a few painful burns in my future. Surprisingly, no burns so far and this tool has been fairly simple to use.

First, it heats up quickly- it's ready to use by the time I've applied heat protectant and sectioned my hair. It's also pretty simple to use, I'm just very careful to not let my arm come in contact with the barrel as I'm wrapping the hair. The curls come out gorgeous! Soft and drumroll please....frizz free!!! Even when I had my hair done for my wedding years ago, the stylist who curled it for me didn't manage that trick! And of course you can make them loose and big or ringlets. They last overnight for me, but that could be due to the natural wave I have.

Overall, I'm impressed with how much better this works than a traditional curling iron and it really is easy to use. Fairly inexpensive at Wal-Mart and Amazon, too. Like a few other reviewers, I do occasionally accidentally press the buttons on the handle as I'm curling but it doesn't affect the performance of the wand. I absolutely love this little thing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased mine from Ulta. It's okay I feel like my curls never really hold for the long haul compared to my Chi straightener. After an hour so, once I walked to my outdoors and into my car, my hair is pin straight again. I've actually burned myself a couple of times since I'm wrapping my hair around around the barrel. I don't really use it anymore since it takes forever to curl and the curls don't hold.

It's so much faster for me to curl my hair with the Chi flatiron which I also purchased at Ulta for $69.99 after coupons and reward points. I have straight asian hair. The Chi heat is pretty high it holds my curls through out the hot FL humidity with out hair spray. I hate hair spray.

Overall, this is good for beginners who don't know how to use a flatiron to curl and who are attending indoor events and live in a cool environment where humidity doesn't play a factor.

If you do own a powerful flatiron I suggest using that for long lasting curls.

on 9/24/2013 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

One of my favorite hair tools for getting curly hair! This wand is so amazing, especially for being so inexpensive and from Walmart! It gives me gorgeous curls, heats quickly, and easy to use. This gives a different curl compared to using a curling iron with a clamp or waver, all are beautiful but this is my favorite. The only negative about this wand is sometimes during use I'll accidentally hit the off/on buttons. But not often. The end cord swivels also, so its very convenient.

on 9/14/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

So I have thick, fairly long (to my ribcage), mostly straight hair that in general, will not hold a curl. I've tried my mother's and friend's curling irons, my friends have tried to curl my hair with a flat iron, I've tried pin curls, nothing. I'll only get really nice waves if I put my hair in french braids sleep on them, and aside from being a little annoying to do all the time, they would often come out frizzy. So I kind of gave up on having nice waves or curls ever and learned to wear my hair naturally, straightening it once in a while.

Enter this. My roommate is one of those women who takes impeccable care of her appearance (more effort than I have, ahaha), and one day she curled her hair and I remembered how gorgeous curly waves can look, so I did a little bit of internet research, finally settling on the You Curl. I ordered it off Amazon for maybe 22 dollars?? Which isn't bad at all, and I think much cheaper than a lot of other places were selling it. It came in just a few days and as soon as it came, I sprayed my hair with heat protectant and opened it.

It's a nice looking wand, with a cool red handle. Once my hair was totally dry, I turned this on, and then by the time I brushed my hair out, it was hot (I set it at 360 degrees). I held the wand upside down and curled my hair around it. Now, other people have had problems with the on/off button, and while I can see why they would, maybe because I have small hands but I didn't have this problem. The problem I did have was that because I held it upside down and because the barrel is tapered, my hair would slip down towards the end. I looked on youtube and many people wrapped a section of hair at the beginning and physically held it with their fingers, which I may try. It didn't ruin the curls or anything, but they came out less 'perfect' as they would've had I not had this problem- this is a minor thing, the more I use it, the better I'll get with technique, I'm sure.

It took me roughly less than 20 minutes to curl my whole head, even with the problems I had, the fact that I was being careful because I didn't use the glove, the fact that it was my first time using a curler in years let alone a curling wand, and the fact that I was watching a movie while doing my hair. So, I'd say if I was doing it in a pinch in the morning, it would take maybe 10 minutes to do my whole head. You really don't need to keep it on the wand for more than 5-8 seconds.

The first night I had gorgeous, uniform wavy curls that were shiny and FULL of body. Which was great, because I went out. Then at night, I pulled it into a ponytail and went to sleep, surprised my curls had lasted that long already and not really expecting to see them in the morning. When I woke up though- nope! They were still there, bouncy and thick.

I will say that when I woke up it was more like dramatic waves than curls, so when you style your hair should depend on what kind of look you want- if you want sexy bedhead waves, sleep on your curls, if you want gorgeous put together wavy curls, do it right before you go out.

Because I only wash and style my hair twice a week, don't dye my hair, and always use a heat protectant, my hair isn't too damaged, and this wand gives me amazing amazing hair that LASTS for 3+ days. I can't recommend it enough.

on 9/6/2013 2:26:00 AM

This is the first curling wand I've ever purchased and I don't think ill ever need to buy another one. It's a good price for what you get. I love the curls I get with it. My hair looks perfect every time I use it. I think the best part is it actually holds my curl. With curling irons and rollers the curl only last maybe 2 hours in my hair. With this wand my curls will last for days. Best curling tool I've ever used!

on 6/28/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I think the Conair You Curl wand is an amazing hair curler! I have had many failed attempts in the past with other clamp curlers and they just never seemed to work for me. My curls would turn out terrible, but with the wand they turned out amazing. Even on my first try using it they turned out pretty and way better than all the times I have tried using past curlers combined. I was quite in- talented when it came to curling my hair but now with the Conair You Curl I can actually curl my hair and it will look good.(: It does have a learning curve and after watching videos on YouTube I learned curling upside down produces better curls. This curler cost me about $27 including tax so I think it was well worth the money and I would definitely buy again. I recommend this to anyone looking for a great curler that gets the job done.(:

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first time ever purchasing a curling wand as opposed to an iron. Oddly enough, I am a proud owner of the Conair Infiniti Pro clamp curler. After watching countless Youtube videos I finally decided to go out and purchase this. I bought the XL version at the Bay for $30 dollars, the selling price varies depending on the retailer. I know some stores such as Wal-Mart sell it at about $20.

When I first tried out this wand, I was amazed at how user friendly it was. It only took me about 2 or 3 tries to figure out how to make the most of this wand which was amazing. As a super clumsy person, I thought I would surely burn myself every use - surprisingly I haven't!

The thing that is so different about this wand than other wands and curlers is how unique the curls are. They're indescribable, they're not the spiral-y curls you get with a clamp curling iron (and most wands) and the amount of compliments this has made me receive is amazing.

The best thing about this is that for grad I was going to go get my hair done professionally to achieve this look, and instead I got it right at home! Not only this, but the curls are super hydrated and silky looking, this is coming from someone with the frizziest hair ever!

It is a little expensive for a drugstore curler, but seriously - it's worth it!

on 5/4/2013 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is easy to use and holds my curls like no other curling iron or hot roller set has. They come out beautiful, shiny, and bouncy. I have to take off one lipstick because I wish the barrel was bigger. The curls are a little tighter than I prefer. They are not tight spiral curls by any means, but I was wanting the loose, Victoria Secret bombshell waves. However, after a few hours they loosen up to that desired look. I would buy again in a jumbo size. So nice to have an affordable, effective DS tool! Thank you Conair!

on 4/20/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried a lot of curlers and none of them seemed to do the work like this one! After months of curling my hair from a clamp curler and straightener, I decided to give this curling wand a try!

It curls my hair in no time at all and gives such bouncy and shiny curls!
It was definitely worth the $23 I spent on it.
I recommend this to anyone looking for a lower end priced curling wand or even just a cool heating tool to have around the house.

I have yet to use them on my hair extensions, lets see how that goes :)

on 4/1/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I just bought this from amazon, and I got the XL version. This curler is a wand so there is no clamp, which I love because I feel a clamp always leaves an ugly kink in the hair if you don't do it properly.

I like how sleek the curler is and it isn't too bulky, I do wish the wire was longer, it's kind of short. It gets really hot and heats up VERY fast which is really good. It doesn't have an automatic shut off which kind of sucks but it's not a deal breaker for me. I have coarse and thick hair and this still curls my hair beautifully. I barely have to hold the hair for more than 10 seconds to get a perfect ringlet. I am in love with this curler, it works so well and for such a good price. I got it for $30 on amazon, and in walmart it's about $37CAD which is still a very good price in comparison to my Paul Mitchell curler and it does the same job. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a curler that inexpensive and does the job well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials