MAC Satin - Cork

4.5

on 12/15/2013 5:24:00 PM

Very nice grayish brown. Lasts forever with primer (more than 12 hours). I usually wear with ricepaper.

on 11/7/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this almost everyday. No matter what look I do, I always start with this color. It acts as a transition and crease color in one step. Yes, it's a basic medium matte brown, but I will always keep repurchasing this

on 9/29/2013 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Gorgeous, neutral matte brown shade. I love using this in the crease, especially with bright shades as it tones them down and makes them very wearable. It applies smoothly and evenly on my eyelids and blends out well. I like it better than Urban Decay's 'Buck', purely for the fact it's deeper in colour and a touch warmer. It's also darker and deeper than MAC's 'Wedge' eyeshadow. Great pigmentation and one of those 'boring' staples everyone needs in their collection; they often end up being the most used daily!

on 7/13/2013 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Cork is one of those eye shadows that will work on anyone. It's the perfect neutral brown with golden undertones the satin formula which is my favorite of all the Mac formulas. I use Cork with Soba, Bamboo, Shroom, Ricepaper, and a few others, it really works well with Texture as well. These shadows look and perform their best when used with Mac's brushes, they are well worth the money, they are durable and most important of all they apply and blend eye shadows the way they should be.

on 6/10/2013 10:31:00 PM

Perfect medium brown neutral shadow. I use it in the crease. Blends well and is not too dark on my fair skin. I use this for every day wear. Will buy again.

on 4/17/2013 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

This eyeshadow is slightly darker than my skin tone. (1-2 shades) So I use it as a crease color.

on 4/14/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I uploaded a photo and linked it and the bottom of this review. I was using UD Buck in my crease and I read endless reviews noting that it's a dupe for MAC Cork. Saw photos of the two on other people's hands and they looked identical.

No they aren't. Look at the photo below. MAC Cork is clearly much warmer, lighter, and more golden brown. UD Buck is closer to MAC Quarry or Haux, in that it's cooler with some grey tones to it. I guess if you have extremely fair skin, they will both look dark brown on you and perhaps that's why I was confused as to why they looked the same on other people's skin. But on my NC25-30 skin, you can definitely see the difference. I personally like MAC Cork better as a crease/blending color, although I wish it were a tad darker. Cork is like the warmer, more golden version of MAC Wedge. But there is no comparison between this and UD Buck. I also noticed MAC Cork is more pigmented. This photo below shows 2 swipes of Cork, whereas for Buck I had to layer about 3-4 swipes to get it as pigmented.

Full Size Image

on 4/13/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this color for everyday wear to work, and for weekends. It is a perfect light-medium natural looking matte brown. I have medium tan olive skin, so sometimes I add a little more dark brown in the crease if I feel like I need more definition. Perfect for blending with other colors as well. Would definitely repurchase.

on 3/24/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Warmish neutral golden brown. Can be built up to a dark smokey eye on my pale skin. Will definitely buy this again when it runs out.

on 2/1/2013 10:07:00 AM

Because I'm light skinned (NC20) I bought this for a crease shade, and I love it! It is considered a satin but it applies matte. I love the texture and think it blends quite easily and beautifully. Cork is also a great transition shade for medium/tan skin. I have a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog if you would like to check that out!