April 17, 2014 | 1834 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Cork

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I uploaded a photo and linked it and the bottom of this review. I was using UD Buck in my crease and I read endless reviews noting that it's a dupe for MAC Cork. Saw photos of the two on other people's hands and they looked identical.

No they aren't. Look at the photo below. MAC Cork is clearly much warmer, lighter, and more golden brown. UD Buck is closer to MAC Quarry or Haux, in that it's cooler with some grey tones to it. I guess if you have extremely fair skin, they will both look dark brown on you and perhaps that's why I was confused as to why they looked the same on other people's skin. But on my NC25-30 skin, you can definitely see the difference. I personally like MAC Cork better as a crease/blending color, although I wish it were a tad darker. Cork is like the warmer, more golden version of MAC Wedge. But there is no comparison between this and UD Buck. I also noticed MAC Cork is more pigmented. This photo below shows 2 swipes of Cork, whereas for Buck I had to layer about 3-4 swipes to get it as pigmented.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I love this color for everyday wear to work, and for weekends. It is a perfect light-medium natural looking matte brown. I have medium tan olive skin, so sometimes I add a little more dark brown in the crease if I feel like I need more definition. Perfect for blending with other colors as well. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Warmish neutral golden brown. Can be built up to a dark smokey eye on my pale skin. Will definitely buy this again when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Because I'm light skinned (NC20) I bought this for a crease shade, and I love it! It is considered a satin but it applies matte. I love the texture and think it blends quite easily and beautifully. Cork is also a great transition shade for medium/tan skin. I have a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog if you would like to check that out!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by maldiveslover

My skin is medium with cool undertones and this does not show up on me that much. I would recommend this for people with lighter complexions that don't own a matte bronzer such as Benefits Hoola (which I use sometimes in the crease).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Love the satin version of their eyeshadows. The texture is divine and blendable. I love this for my N10 (slightly more NC than NW) skin. It's a nice "light/medium to medium" darkness for me. I love it for a pretty natural and buildable crease color.

CONS: Not the cheapest (but it lasts in the pan forever).

APPLICATION TIPS: The MAC 217 brush is my all-time favorite to apply this with. It even helps blend. I love to use a tiny bit of Too-Faced Shadow Insurance beforehand to keep this in place all day without drying my lids out (like some primers do).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by stephaniekevans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as a crease color. It's a very pretty brown color. I'm not sure why everyone is calling it matte. The packaging says it is a satin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jmcoley

This is a very beautiful and versatile color. It is a warm matte brown that is perfect as an everyday crease color. Cork adds just the right amount of definition. I usually use this both in my crease and lower lash line for a nice day-time look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love this eyeshadow it's so versatile I use this is on my eyebrows its a beautifully matte warm brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Beautiful crease shade for a warm smokey eye. I thought it would be too warm/orange on my NC30 yellow undertone Asian skin, but it's perfect! Cork is slightly warmer and deeper than Wedge and creates more depth in the crease. I pair it with Powersurge liner used all over the lid for a daytime warm/dirty gold. I also pair cork in the crease with Gilty by Association-a black/gold/bronze shade. Gorgeous!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No