October 25, 2014 | 991 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Protector Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Bought this cuz of TiffanyD and actually loving it
    Price: $12.29 CAD
    Colour: (Buff Beige) medium light yellow beige
    Coverage: light to medium
    Oil-Control: 4h
    Texture: silky
    Finish: luminous matte
    At first I was freaked out about the micro shimmers. But the shimmers thankfully translate into that non-flat matte. Not powdery, holds up well w/o a primer (though I always use one)
    Worth the money :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at Walgreens for $4.50. I think it is usually 8-9$. I'm NC30, MUFE #125, and wanted to get Buff Beige but accidentally grabbed Classic Beige instead. I went back and got Buff Beige and it turns out that Classic Beige was the best fit for me!
    It comes with a puff and is kind of like a compact except that there is no mirror.
    I use a big brush to dust it on after my foundation and concealer. It looks really natural but I don't see the "glowy" aspect. I liked it a lot when I first used it, almost became HG. But throughout the day, it gets kind of cakey and noticeable and I'm not one of those people that touches up throughout the day. I have combo/normal skin and this made my t-zone much oilier than when I use other products. Overall, I'm not won over by all the "instant age rewinding" claims. It is a nice finishing powder but not just for someone like me who doesn't like to blot or touch up.
    I'll just stick to my MAC MSFN!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really great drugstore powder. I tried it to see if was truly a dupe for MAC MSFN. After using it for about 2 weeks, I decided that it wasn't a dupe and that MSFN is my HG. But, this is a really good powder. The coverage is sheerer than MSFN, which is perfect for touch ups throughout the day. This compact come with a separate compartment for a mirror and puff, which in my opinion makes it ideal to put in your purse. MSFN doesn't come with a mirror or puff. When I run out, which will take a while, I would repurchase this to keep in my purse, unless MAC improves the MSFN compact. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Warning if you apply too much of it you will look like a cupcake.
    The powder is not finely milled so if you use too much of it it will look obvious. I use it when I am in a hurry to school and it adds a slight glow to my skin. It has light refracting pigments that makes you look younger. For me I wouldnt use this for special ocassions because it is a bit cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by 24roses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this powder based on Paula Begoun's review (Below) & I'm glad because I love it! It goes on nice & smooth (Use a brush) with good coverage & hides some redness from acne etc... In my opinion the coverage & texture is nice enough to be used as a powder foundation if you like those. I don't apply powder with puffs so that went right in the trash & I like the mirror separate from the powder as it stays clean.

PB Review*This talc-based pressed powder goes on exceptionally smooth and blends perfectly, imparting a soft matte finish best for normal to oily skin due to its super-absorbent ingredients. (It's worth noting that while the finish is a soft matte, it does contain tiny shimmer particles that are noticeable in the daylight.) It controls shine without looking chalky or dry and provides medium coverage in flattering shades suitable for fair to medium-dark skin tones. All that plus a great price and broad-spectrum sun protection from pure titanium dioxide! Although we donít advocate relying solely on a pressed powder for sun protection because most people donít apply powder liberally enough, which is essential when applying sunscreen, when paired with a foundation with sunscreen rated SPF 15 or greater this is a brilliant option. Well done, Maybelline! Oh, one more thing: The anti-aging claim is tied to the goji berry extract thatís present. Listed by its Latin name Lychium barbarum, there is no proof that goji berry will rewind anyoneís age, not to mention that the antioxidants wonít remain stable in a product like this. This powderís real anti-aging superstar is the sunscreen!*

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Love this, like I love most of the Age Rewind products. This sets foundation, yet looks somewhat illuminating and not shiny or shimmery. Love that it has SPF.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I really don't like bringing down highly rated products. I don't have dry skin and for the most part it's pretty normal with some oily spots. This compact is a horrible design as most drugstore compacts are. It has the mirror on the opposite side of the powder and the puff is awful for application. So beyond just the packaging, here's what I thought of the product...

Pros:
    -Matches my olive skin (got it in Nude)
    -feels soft & silky after applying

Cons:
    -Putting this over concealer is the worst idea ever as it makes it obvious you're wear concealer
    -it gets into my orange-rind-like pores on my cheeks and makes them much more obvious (if this is for aging skin, I can't imagine what it'd do to lines)
    -it's chalky and obvious you're wearing a powder

I'm not going to add the poor coverage to cons because it does state this is a finishing powder. I tried it alone over concealer and it was just awful. I couldn't imagine how awful this would look over an actual liquid foundation/TM.

Bottom line: You'll look very fake and older with this powder. Might be good for a play where a younger person has to play an older character or a role where the character wears caked on make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by cristinarn

My all time favorite pressed powder was the Revlon Colorstay pressed powder, the old one in the all black packaging. After finishing my _nth compact of my Revlon I bought a new one only in a new packaging with the see-thru semi circle black compact 2 layer compartment.....to my dismay the powder seems to have changed also= it is drier thicker,dustier...emphasizes pores ,scares,lines that u don't have etc....so I decided to look 4 my new to go powder....and Maybelline Instant Rewind to the rescue!!! Luv luv it gives you the function you are looking for without seeing it, not cakey,doesn't emphasizes pores,scars or what have.....plus it has spf!!!! can't complain so far....I have very fair skin but knowing Maybelline's shade are usually lighter I went for classic beige....just perfect!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by RenoDawn

This powder gives great medium coverage. It is my first summer using this and it is a bit too illuminating so I have been using loose powder over it. During the winter it is fantastic for my combination skin which tends to look dull and flat without this. The slight shimmer is attractive not over powering. I use a fluffy brush to apply this, not the thin, round pad that is included. As a final touch, and to prevent it from looking cakey, I set this powder with a medium velvet puff by rolling and pressing it into my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by wblassingame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice product, great price. It doen't settle into lines. I use it with my BB cream (Missha) and liquid foundations. I will repurchase this product.