October 31, 2014 | 1552 users online

Shampoo - Aveeno - Aveeno Nourish + Shine Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

This used to be a four lippie review, but I had to take it down to one or less based off the latest side effects with this and the matching conditioner. I'll start by stating that I hardly have break out prone skin and have maybe a blemish every few months. They heal in a week and I never have cystic acne. After using this less than a week, I found two huge cystic acne pimples behind my ear and on my neck close to my hair. I have to say that this line is the culprit. If I had sensitive skin then I could understand that maybe it was me, but this is horrible. It's probably the high amount of silicone combined with the oils. The Living Color line for thick hair is much worse. I used it before this one, and it could turn out be the reason. I just don't want to touch it now. I used nothing else on my hair. No other hair products. So, it has to be this one causing this horrible cystic acne. It's quite painful! Just a warning. Besides that, it made my scalp itch and just feel strange. Once I switched to a super cheap shampoo the scalp itch went away. I used Suave Almond & Shea Butter. Although the Aveeno gave great shine and made my hair look nice with no extra products needed, the acne wasn't worth it. The Suave is giving the same look. My hair is soft, but not as weighed down or greasy feeling on the second day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by CeeSan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this shampoo bc I know aveeno is pretty safe and I won't have any bad reactions with my sensitive skin. At shoppers drug mart regular 12 each but I got them on sale for 6 cdn. Followed the instructions, shampoo first massage it in, leave it for a couple of minutes, followed by the conditioner, same steps. I like the scent, and it made my hair really soft and tangle free. I find I don't need to use product when I use the shampoo and conditioner. I find that I do need to wash my hair everyday, it does weigh my hair down. I didn't really notice any shine, but I would buy again, only if it was on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by missd1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like how this shampoo feels and the smell is amazing. I used this with the matching conditioner. I love both but find the conditioner is really thin almost like water.

This made my hair soft and shiny!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I just hate this product.

The smell is just gross to me (but I have problems with most scents)
It also left my hair feeling greasy and just not clean. Overall, I really just don't recommend this shampoo unless you want extreme build up in your hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by fitguineapig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great shampoo! Makes your hair really shiny. Only bought it because it was on sale and I liked the smell, but I liked the shampoo so much, I went back and bought the conditioner, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It really did make my hair shiny and very smooth. It smells great, a sweet scent, but not overbearing. A little expensive compared to other drugstore products, but it lasted me almost three months (I have long hair). I thought the packaging was nice, nothing oddly shaped and it was very stable. Fantastic shampoo. I would buy it again (except that Iím trying not to buy things tested on animals and johnson & johnson tests on animals (their parent company)).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by leahblizz

I had high hopes for this product, but really, the best thing I can say about it is that it's not terrible. After the first few washes my hair became extremely soft and shiny-looking, as advertised, but now after using the product for a couple of weeks, I've noticed that my hair is just...greasy. It becomes greasy extremely fast (in less than 24 hours, I HAVE to wash my hair), and it's completely sucked the body out of my hair. Lately, it's just been greasy and flat.

Pros: It smells great, makes hair soft
Cons: hair gets greasy faster, makes hair limp

PS: I have straight, thick hair. Maybe it works better for people with really frizzy hair, but for someone with average, straight hair, it didn't work out so great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ourjuliet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very fine, dry hair...but lots of it. This is the best shampoo/conditioner I've ever used, and it truly transformed my hair from dull to gorgeous shine. It's noticeable in person, but I've been most shocked when I see pics of my hair now...where the flash has reflected off my hair. It looks like one of those hair commercials!

I'm 41 years old...with some gray strands mixed throughout...and this is a product I will stick with for a very long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by missmshl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

someone recommended this to me, and i shouldn't have listened bc this product stinks! -.-. it makes my hair stringy and clump together as if it hasn't been washed in weeks. also made me get pimples on my scalp!! what the heck! leaves residue, makes my forehead, neck, anywhere else my hair comes in contact with , really greasy. tried using as a shaving cream instead, and it's way too runny for that too. basically a useless product, and a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is one of my top 2 shampoos. used w. the moisturize conditioner, my hair is so soft and shiny.