September 21, 2014 | 972 users online

Fragrances - BeneFit Cosmetics - So Hooked On Carmella

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by hqnnah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this perfume, initially bought as a present for my mum, I wear it pretty much all the time and I can still smell it even on myself. I've had literally countless comments on it ranging from "you smell like milk chocolate" to "you smell like malibu" but everyone I know including myself love this fragrance. I suppose it is really up to personal choice but for a nice summer scent that reminds you of hot beaches and summer holidays I recommend this extremely highly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I tried this in the beginning of Oct. I was looking for a fall type perfume and my eye brow girl at Ulta gave me all the benefit bottles to sniff. I dabbed the bottle on my wrist to try it. I really liked it initially. At first I smelled coconut and sometimes I still do, but I swear after a couple of hours I smelled smoke, like a deep rich cigar or something. I hated it for a second but then thought oooh fall is coming so I must buy this!

A couple of weeks later, I went back to get it and now I have it on my shelf, I have to say that the smoke element is no longer. All it is now is kinda coconutty with vanilla and amber. Really different and actually pretty boozy. I swear sometimes I spray the stuff on (pretty lightly as this stuff can overwhelm you) and I smell like a shot of sweet bourbon or like a fruity dark liquor...overall I do like it, but not enough to wear on it's own. I love combing and layering fragrances and this is what I would spray along with a Linear one note scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The packaging is adorable, like all Benefit products.
The smell.....strange. There is definitely a caramel smell that is strong and who doesnt love caramel?! But...underneath that...creeps some horrid smoky, leathery dirty smell. It kind of hits you right up in the sinuses. I cant say i hate it because that caramel smells just great but when i wear it i find the other smell bothersome. Just strange.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by 18011966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you use very little it's vanilla-heaven. If you use more it's vanilla-hell. I use very little.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lady of the night? I sprayed this on a tester in the store and it smelled sweet but unusual. BUT when I got this home I tried it again and it smelled so CHEAP and heavy! The first thing that popped in my head was that it smelled like what a prostitute would smell like right before a service call. Sweaty, musky body odor with a cheap, sweet, heavy hairspray smell. Going back to the store.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by bballjulia

I was given a pack of samples for christmas last year of this perfume and some others, but did not get around to using it until school started this year. Being a teenage girl i needed a perfume that did not smell to strong, and did not fade away after wearing it for an hour. I came across the sample in my drawer and started to wear. Immediatly I got comments from everyone at school (including the guys) saying i smelled really good. I love the smell. its like a sweet caramel/vanilla scent and i adore it. If you want a very youthful scent this is a great buy. I just ordered the actual perfume online and im awaiting for it in the mail.

ps. if your like me and you automatically think of vanilla scents to be from a cheap drugstore spray, i promise this is a high quality great smelling perfume.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very old lady fragrance. Smells like visiting my grandma: an vintage hippy old lady, that is baking cookies. I only picked this up to smell it in the store because how pretty the bottle looked.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Thank God i had presence of mind to request a sample rather than base a purchase on the initial beautiful scent. Amazing cute sweet fragrance... Problem: fades instantly... Ie 30 min approx before it just dies except for a very faint scent if u really sniff ur skin. Worth the price? Nopes. Am sick of drugstore quality, high end prices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

oh my my, i absolutely adore this perfume! Lovely warm, vanillary sweetie smell, it has the potential to induce headaches but it goes to the soft drydown pretty quickly so it's there, but just about. I just love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Ella90