November 23, 2014 | 1024 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - 1,000 Lashes Fiberized Lash Weave Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This review is for the white mascara primer.

I bought the primer one which is a white color and I thought it would be better then other white primers since most of mine came in a duo with step 1 and step 2. But those still turned out to be better then this. I could see the fibers on the wand, but they were barely going on my lashes eventually the fibers did clings to my lashes but not enough I would say. I layered it since it looked anorexic and to get the full effect of the fibers but it still wasn't enough and did not perform to my expectations. When I get get an adequate amount of fibers on my lashes looks spidery and clumpy. I even tried it with different mascaras and still didn't make a noticeable difference or just didn't look good. I love the HC line at Walmart and this is one of the first things I've purchased that was a disappointment. Oh and how could I forget to mention this all those fiberized particles flake off through out the day. This product boo.. I prefer loreal double extend with lash boosting serum step 1 followed with a different mascara n it is the bomb as a primer

Pros:
-No animal testing
-great packaging/brush
-reasonable price/easy to get (Hard Candy is available at most Walmarts)
Cons:
-Doesn't deliver much volume
-doesn't deliver much length
-flakes off

rating-2
price-1
packaging-3 kinda looks like a small tube of toothpaste dont like
but again-NO

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

The good thing, is that this is cheap. The bad thing is that I don't notice any difference when using this. I did the same thing that another reviewer did in that I put it on one eye and not the other. I used CG Lash Perfection and low and behold if I could not even tell which eye I used it on. Total bummer. This morning I tried rolling the wand inside the tube instead of pumping it and it got a little better but honestly, none of the fibers seem to attach to your lashes. I tried putting on a coat of mascara, using this, and then another coat. My lashes looked a little longer but they got a little spidery looking. I may keep using this but likely it will end up in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the primer and a color with it(indigo). The color doesn't show up incredibly well, but it is better than anything else I have used, especially for a drugstore brand. It is very colorful in the sun, though! :) The primer itself is pretty good-I like the super-fibrous texture that really fills and thickens lashes, but it may not be for everyone, as it really is quite thick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I borrowed this specifically to review, but I didn't really have high hopes for it at all. I haven't used a lash primer since way back when...when drugstore brands were making a killing off of the latest "thing" by having double-ended mascaras with a primer on one side. Well, thankfully Hard Candy's Fiberized Lash Weave was nothing like those. I can recall them being very thick, goopy and truly doing almost nothing at all in the way of making your mascara do it's job any better.
When I first opened this primer, I noticed little white "hairs" covering the wand's bristles and entrance, so naturally I was a little terrified that this would turn my eyelashes into some kind of tarantula-like disaster. Thankfully this wasn't true.
For reference, my eyelashes are rather long, pretty curled, and of medium density. Yes, lots of mascaras can make my lashes look really good but there are just as many that will turn them into a clumpy mess. After applying Hard Candy's Fiberized Lash Weave to my eyelashes, I was a little wowed by how much oomph this brought to my natural curl. I suddenly looked so much more alert and my eyelashes were fanned out beautifully. They didn't feel or even look coated. My lashes looked so nice in fact, that I didn't want to put mascara on over this at all. I was in love.
I'd also borrowed a Hard Candy mascara to try (different story entirely...), so I applied it over the primer. To be short, this would be be ideal under mascaras that need some extra help separating or preventing clumps. I don't think that it added much to the length as far as coating the lashes, but it did make them appear longer by aiding the curl of my lashes. It'd be great for setting lashes after curling them. I did notice that the primer made the application of the mascara incredibly wet (I compared it to the other eye by not using primer on it), even after waiting a few minutes between the two applications. It was hard to add a second coat to the mascara as well as it didn't appear to make a difference at all.
While I do like this product, I think it could do a lot better. I don't think it kept this mascara from flaking off, nor did it make my actual lashes look any longer vs. the same mascara without primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Hawaiianxangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never really used eyelash primer on my lashes before but I saw this when I was looking at the hard candy display and decided to try it. for me, i had to apply a lot of this product to see any difference. once i did and applied my mascara, my lashes were thick and full. You cant see the fibers that you see on the brush on your lashes but you can tell their totally there.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by danielleisacat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this lash primer yesterday after lusting after it for a while, but not getting it because I wasn't sure how well it would work. I tried it this morning and found out that it didn't work... at all. I applied a coat of it to my lashes and couldn't get the fibers to stick, so I applied a second coat as I would normally apply mascara and wiggled the applicator slightly from side to side as I pulled it up on my lashes and that finally got some product to stick. I've heard that it's best to apply mascara while the primer is still wet so I grabbed my MAC mascara and applied two coats. My eyelashes looked pretty good, but I wanted to see if the primer really worked, so instead of priming my second set of lashes I just put the mascara on. Lo and behold, there was absolutely no difference. I even gave my roommate a blind test and asked which lashes looked better (i.e. longer, fuller, darker) and she said the ones without the primer! This product isn't awful, but it doesn't do much- so buying it is basically a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by everythingblack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been blessed with naturally long, dark lashes, but I rely on mascara for the false lash look I love, but lately I've been disappointed with every mascara purchase I've made. Seems like I can't find anything that works like it used to, so after seeing this at my local Walmart for 6 bucks, thought I'd give it a try as I've used similar products in the past with good results. I love this stuff! It actually does what it says - at least for me. I thought it went on very easily. I didn't have to struggle to get the fibers on - and it coated every lash very well. I applied it to one eye first then did mascara....then followed with the other eye. On my 2nd eye I applied mascara more quickly (while the primer was still wet) this seemed to work a bit better than applying it while the primer was more dry - which is what I did on my first application. So far I am loving this stuff....but I've only had it a few days. I will do a follow-up if for some reason I end up not liking it. (i.e.; it dries out too quickly in the tube, etc.)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hated this stuff. Maybe I just go a bad batch? just too thick to go onto the lashes smoothly, the formula is similar to a face cream almost. So what little product that actually gets onto the lashes, clumps up quickly. I've tried this stuff every way I could think of to get it to work, I tried moisturizing my lashes first, I tried putting a drop or two of coconut oil on the brush to soften it a bit but nothing works. Total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. i love fiber- anything. for my lashes, haha. i've used this for a couple months now and it makes my lashes just a tiny bit longer than when i use mascara without it. so it's just so-so in that aspect. BUT this primer is excellent at preventing my mascara from smudging. i have very oily skin and it's a chore just trying to get makeup to stay on my face. but this will keep them on and i won't have raccoon eyes at the end of the day. hooray! it's actually easy to get this stuff on. just work it through from root to tip and use the tip to dispense a lot of the fibers. you'll end up with white fibery lashes every time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by jinxmainstream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did see little white fibers collect at the end of my lashes. *I can do multiple coats and actually get a good little extension. *

this is not a HG-SOULTION to all of everybody's wants.

but it Does do what it claims.

smell is faint and then disappears -kinda like childrens paper glue sent
tube is like a toothpaste tube but not collapsible

all-in-all if it was on sale or BOGO of such nature....I WOULD buy again