Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.3

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

I had 3 deluxe sizes of this liner in black. They lasted for around 5months each before drying out or flaking. I love how well this liner stays on my lids - it lasts all day but is easy to remove with eye makeup remover. The only thing I wasn't super happy with is that the brush tends to start fraying after a little while and so can be a pain when trying to do sharp wings. However it's very easy to grab scissors and cut off the frayed bits so there's that. I wouldn't necessarily repurchase on its own because I find my maybelline liner to be just as good for way cheaper. But if this came in a kit with other stuff, i'd be more than happy to make good use of it.

I swictched to this Stila liner after going through many, many Kat von D liquid liner pens. At my local Sephora they literally had 50 or so of these liners on display. I guess they're a hot seller...

I do mostly prefer it over the KvD. It has a firm tip and the product itself is very dark and opaque, but it can read a bit shiny as some of you have pointed out...it's kind of an optical illusion when you're so close to the mirror (and so close to stabbing yourself in the eye). I would like it to be totally matte, simply because that bit of shine makes your eyeliner look either charcoal gray or less than opaque when it usually isn't.

My favorite thing about it is the firmness of the tip actually. I had to go through a learning curve as I'm used to more flexible tips (heh) but it's much easier to make a thin line with it, as well as more complicated looks just because it offers more control. My KvD thin lines were always a travesty. The drawback is that you have to be more steady.

It lasts all day for me and removal is NOT easy (idk how you guys are taking it off with water) but doable with cream/oil cleansers. Dries quickly, minimal (if any) smudging for me (slightly oily lids and over a primer).

Overall definitely awesome, definitely an upgrade to my makeup bag, will continue to purchase unless Sephora/Ulta start to stock the elusive magical unicorn LORAC Front of the Line Pro eyeliner.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in the shade brown, and it is hands down the best ever eyeliner I have ever used. The packaging is really nice. The applicator brush is perfect. It really makes it easy to apply, and it dries almost immediately after. It definitely is waterproof, and I would know because my eyelids can get really oily, and this DOES NOT budge ! I love it. It is a bit pricey, but a good eyeliner would be worth the price. The only problem I have is, after perhaps 8-10 hours of using it, it would start to smudge, and it would irritate the heck out of my eyes. I'd get all teary and it just is a mess. So, If you're like me and you have your eyeliner still on after a super long day, be careful ! The little thing can really sting. Ouch! But will repurchase anyway IF I had money to splurge atm (Note: I somehow lost it. Been trying to get myself to repurchase every time I am at Sephora but the price increased and I'm trying to find cheaper alternatives, particularly an Asian one, like from Clio or K-Palette. So far I have one that is waterproof and lasts all day from the brand Kate , a Japanese brand; but the colour is not dark enough UGH).

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have the black one and I love it! Its very pigmented and the fine tip is perfect for creating thin line. I am really bad at making an winged eye line and this eyeliner's tip is just perfect for creating anything you want with such ease.
I will definitely repurchase it.

Oh however for those who are really looking for super water proof eye liner I dont know if this one would be the best liner for you or not since I can very easily take off the liner at the end of day just with water. But I love that fact I dont like super waterproof stuffs.

Stila's All Day Liquid Eyeliner is pretty amazing. It's very pigmented, and quite a bit more opaque than Kat Von D's Tattoo Liquid Eyeliner (which is the eyeliner everyone compares Stila to). Now I don't have oily, or hooded lids, but it does last on my eyes all day. It's also fairly easy to wipe off if you make a mistake while applying (which I always do).

The eyeliner comes out consistently, and I have yet to run into any Stila pens drying up mid line, which is so annoying. But I'm not quite sure how long this pen could actually last before drying up because I lose these things all the time.

But I do have a few complaints regarding the eyeliner. The tip can become frayed, because I'm assuming that it may get caught on the cap or the spring when putting the cap back on. It doesn't completely destroy the tip at all, but it's annoying to pluck those tiny hairs off of it to get a clean line. This liner is also shiny, I don't know if anyone else has this issue or if its just me, but it drives me insane. As I said, I don't have oily lids, so I find this really odd.

To sum up-
Pros: Pigmented, opaque, and it lasts all day.
Cons: Shiny (but not glittery), and the tip is prone to fraying.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

The brush was much softer and more easy to use than my mac liquid eyeliner. Stays all day.
Love it, this is going to replace my other liquid eyeliners!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

WOW
HG PRODUCT ALERT. You knooooow a product is the bomb when you get carried away and wing halfway across your face in excitement at the smooth and ease in making the perf thin flick. I'm used to my OG Rimmel exaggerate and that is getting buried in the yard after using this. Wham bam thankyou Mecca.

Only con was how paranoid I was at the spring mechanism that closes it, thinking that the brush was getting stuck on the sides and bending up that perfect end, but no, I'm just not used to having nice things XD My wallet is in pain but totally worth it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My daughter urged me to try this liner and finally put one in my Xmas stocking. I tend to rely on pencil liners most of the time and I've never even tried this sort of "marker/felt tip" liner til now. She got me the dark brown shade and I am really impressed with this liner so far. It is VERY easy to use to get a nice, precise line and the brown shade keeps that line from looking too harsh. And this really does wear all day without smudging or smearing. I wore it yesterday and it lasted through the meal preparation and the all day chaos of our family Christmas celebration for 25 people. I'm happy to have been forced out of my "comfort zone" into trying this. I am very happy with it and will certainly repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my all time favorite liquid eyeliner and I don't go anywhere without it. I keep the Moss and Brown eyeliner in my make up bag at all times, and throughout the year I have the Slate Grey liner on hand as well. Honestly, it's been years since I started using these and now I can't remember a time when one of those three weren't in my bag. I used to be faithful to smudge pots, especially because I could get away with a messy eyeliner look and pass it off like I totally meant to do that. I've got an unsteady hand that just isn't getting better. It's been over a decade, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to get any better at lining my eyes. When Bobbi Brown changed my favorite smudge pot formula I wasn't too happy with it and started looking for an alternative. Someone at Sephora suggested liquid liners, which I had been terrified to try given my poor eye penmanship. But I tried this one and loved it. I just glided right on and a second swipe gave a little extra something. Then it stayed on for quite a long time. I've tried a couple other brands, the only other one that came close was Nars but it was more expensive and not worth it. These are so easy to apply, super smooth, last just about all day and for the price, just can't be beat. Total fav and obsession and if I had to pick only one product to go out wearing, this would be it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this from Mecca before going on a two week holiday to Bali where humidity was 72% every day. The product lasted through the day/night (not beach/pool of course, it's not that kind of waterproof) so undeniably the staying power is something else. The tip is quite malleable so a steady hand is required. I have hooded eyelids and I appreciate the fact that it dries fast enough so that by the time I need to blink my fat brow crease won't eat everything up.

I made the switch from Guerlain liquid eyeliner ($60 for a bottle that lasts less than a year max) and thus far I have been satisfied. The only things I can comment on is that I don't like using this on the lower lash line and you will have to go over the line, especially the wing, about twice or thrice to build intensity.

Have been using it for a month and a half with no signs of drying out yet BUT the some fibers became long and string on the tip - had to cut them off with nail scissors.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to look like a cute doll: Easy simple steps & ideas, Very Kawaii! by beautybysantaana

Faking a Crease: Smokey Eyes (great for monolids?) by KoreanLovesBeauty