August 27, 2014 | 1102 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by nicoleisabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised to see so many positive reviews of this product. I found it didn't so much hide the pores around my nose as fill them up with gunk and cause me to break out.

I also feel that the blurring effect of this primer is pretty minimal. I tried using it both under and over my powder foundation and I don't feel that there was any significant difference between the two methods. I had high hopes for this primer, but I think that I will stick to the Smashbox one, which I have found to work far better on my dry, acne-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by thegreatbroomhilda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me say that this product by itself is awesome however it looses it loveliness once you try to implement it with foundation. I have large pores on my nose and cheeks along with some fine lines that get me down more than anything so when I heard about this product I jumped at the chance to feel like myself again (2 kids) long hours at work. You know the story.

Pros great to wear alone or w very light powder
way better than Tarte's New Clean Slate Primer and cheaper. Way better than Babyface by Maybelline.

Cons: LOOSES ITS BLURRING effect on pores when you apply liquid or cream foundation. I have tried numerous foundations and application techniques. Brush, sponge, finger and the result is the same. when you go tp blend it the blur power is wiped off and you are back to pore showing.

I even tried to apply a small dab on the pore on my nose that drives me crazy and if I even slightly wipe it wipes with the makeup. Best advice think of it like puddy or spackle on a wall. once it's there you don't want to disturb it.

I read blog after blog on tips. I even tried to place it on and waiting 5-10 minutes to apply my foundation and it still wipes off if ypu do any sort of strokes or wiping.

BOTTOM LINE would I buy it again? more than likely no. I know I will never be o e of those girls that can throw on lip gloss and powder and look fabulous so I need a product that plays well with others inwhich it does not. Good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I recently purchased the mini tube instead of buying the extra expensive full size one. But I must say I'm in love. Idk how long it will last me but it was worth the 10 bucks. I have oily skin and it kept it pretty matte throughout my day. I'm So glad they have the minis to try out before making a big commitment

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by jxnnifxr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm kinda iffy about this primer. I have really visible pores, some pitted scars and it doesnt really fill in my pores that much. i feel like if you have smaller pores this will work great for you. ive also noticed that it cakes up my makeup. the primer is really thick, so if you put too much it creases or looks over all cakey. also if you put too much it could be flakey. i like using it to make my face look a bit smoother, but as far as filling in my pores i rate it a 6 out of 10.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sorayaso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Holy grail primer. I love using this only on my T-zone and my large-pore areas such as my cheeks and nose, and then a lighter base on the rest of my face (such as the Stila One Step Correct). It's way too heavy to use all over the face, and it can feel particularly unpleasant if too much is used as it has a thick consistency. This is the only product that can noticeably blur out my pores.. On no foundation days I just smooth this over my cheeks and nose and I'm good to go. This primer does also noticeably control oil for me, but not anything life-changing. The packaging is alright, compact and cute. It is definitely pricey but a little goes a long way. I can't live without this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by tanny1

This primer is really just not that great. It was no better at covering my pores than the smashbox primer. And another annoying thing about this primer is the fact that it doesn't make your make up look smooth at all and I know its purpose is mainly to cover pores but that it didn't do so what the hell did i fish out money for?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

I was a skeptic for a long while, this has actually been sitting in my kit since Christmas, I sort of grudged it almost for the price and i thought it's just marketing and hype there's no way it works. My skin is normal, I never get spots or oily/dry areas and to be fair I have pretty small pores on the side of my nose/cheeks. I put this balm on concentrated areas only, it's not a foundation primer. I pat it in, you can't rub this stuff on, and I put a few layers on. It makes my pores vanish, 95% are gone, completely flawless and airbrushed. I am converted. Do not hesitate to buy!! I will repurchase this again and again and again. Do some experimentation with application you'll find what works for your skin.

Edit: this primer broke me out in about 7 yellow puss head spots in my cheeks, wow thanks benefit, use with caution!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by MrsCoops27

I am in my late 20's and have acne prone skin. Therefore I am very concious of my large pores, particularly around my nose, cheeks and forehead. So when I heard about benefits porefessional, I honestly thought that this would be the product that would actually work. (More like I prayed it would work!). I popped to my local benefit counter and asked for sample and being a regular customer they obliged.
*Pros*
lovely packaging, smells nice and feels silky. Doesn't leave a greasy feeling.
*Cons*
Although I noticed some reduction in my pore size, unfortunately it did not give the coverage I was hoping for. After a few hours of wearing the product (I work in a hospital so very active!) I found that I could start to see my pores and redness come peeping through.
So, the next day I was more generous of the product to see if it made a difference to me. Alas, it didn't.
The price of the product and the results it gave me (Or didn't give me), personally, I would not purchase this product.
If you do not have many imperfections or small pores then this could work for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I went to BeneFit to get a foundation sample and since the foundation didn't work out I walked away with this old standby! Despite the many conflicting reviews, I've never had a problem with this stuff drying me out or balling up. It felt a little different than it used to but still works just the same. Recently I've been using the L'oreal Magic Whatever primer since it contains SPF, but in the summer I wear a couple of different layers of SS during the day so I needed something a little more...neutral, I guess, to put over that ungodly sunscreen mess. If you like silicone primers and they don't break you out, it's worth a try.

I ended up with the mini, however, because a)I hardly use any each time I put it on and b)even if I had a million dollars in my hand right now I don't think I'd spend thirty-one of them on a silicone primer I would never finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by leanneladybug24

I started using this when it was the old formula some years ago now - I loved it! It was quite thick, smoothed my skin, minimised my pores and never broke me out!!! My foundation also lasted ages. Now, well, I hate it. My pores stick out like a sore thumb. I get a little oil on my skin throughout the day but using this actually makes me oilier. I also now get acne from it. Massive fail.