July 31, 2014 | 1943 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by joulesx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this product works best with oily /combination skin which I have. It is a wonderful base for foundation as it is really smooth, my skin feels like porcelain. It prevents my skin from looking oily, which it normally does after a few hours.
It also helps to give you a more natural appearance under mineral powder foundation which helps to avoid that too matte, 'I'm wearing foundation' look. I agree with other comments that it is very expensive, which is why I will be wearing during the Summer months only or on very warm days.
I would avoid using this if you have dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by taxi21

I had been given an open tube of the porefessional a couple years ago from a friend. I loved it then - it had real tint and so it added some colour tone correction on top of the primer. I used it only for special occasions as it was heavy, so it took a while to go through the tube.

I just bought a mini tube and it isn't the same. The new stuff has a tint, but is ultimately translucent. I can't find anywhere that confirms that they changed the formula ever, but this new stuff definitely isn't the same. I won't buy it again - I have other favourite translucent primers.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by at900

I received this as a sample in a Benefit beauty pack and was super excited to try it. It felt really nice and velvety going on, so I thought it was going to be a win! I have large pores and oily skin so this sounded like the perfect primer for me. Sadly, it doesn't really do anything for pores besides clog them and make you break out. Definitely disappointed in this product. Not worth even trying to me if hiding pores is your goal (or keeping clear skin).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have large pores on my nose . This does nothing ! It makes them look filled with its blur technology, then apply foundations and bam, your pores are visible horribly . It also makes me break out if I put it anywhere but my nose . I also tried packing it after my foundation . Which did nothing but take my foundation off.

It's way to expensive to do this.

I found that the cheap dream matte mouse fills my pores on my nose much better for 10 bucks a pot and has coverage .

Really disappointed with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Beccac88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got to free samples of this product and I'm n

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me preface this my saying I love silicones. I love them in foundation and in primer. I have used & love Monistat Anti Chafing, Smashbox and Maybelline Baby Skin, & PF Spotless foundation -- all heavy on the cones.

This product gets a huge no from me for three reasons:
1) it's super expensive - though would pay if it made me look great
2) it made me break out - I places some along the lines around my mouth. 24 hours later - row of constellations. I am acne prone - but it's triggered by weather and hormones - not product. My skin is not sensitive at all - I use 10% glycolic acid, salicylic acid and all those cones -- and my skin says bring it!
3) it smoothed skin almost too much - almost like foundation had nothing to hold on to. Hugged my husband good bye and he had to change his shirt. This was used under CG 3 in 1 in winter. No reason for that to happen.

I have to concur with a previous reviewer. This is not a slam dunk for everyone. Ask for a sample and try out for a week or two before committing. Hope you have better luck with it than I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by peachesandblossoms

This product is okay, but I don't see what the big hype is! Sure, it makes my skin feel very silky, however, I only have a few little pores which aren't visible unless you get really, really close to my cheeks, well this primer actually makes them stand out IMO, which is supposed to be the exact opposite of what it claims to do. But I love the feeling of it on my skin, so I wouldn't buy/use it as a primer again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by kaore93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Doesn't work perfectly, but definitely good enough to keep buying; despite the price. Helps erase pores (still need to use a primer), gives a flawless base to work with, and doesn't feel greasy or heavy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Savytt

This is a fantastic product in my personal opinion. I tend to enjoy primers with a more silicon base and this tube of magic is just that. Before this product I was using the Smashbox photo finish primer in light. I didn't realize how much I disliked the Smashbox primer until I tried the POREfessional. The Smashbox primer is much more greasy in comparison, it helped keep my chin in a constant state of breakout. I am sticking with the POREfessional from now on which is a big deal because I have commitment issues with makeup products! Cheers to smoother freshly primed skin!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by DivaFabuLiz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A bit pricey, yes, but it's very easy to use and I found that it evened out my somewhat uneven skin tone pretty nicely, and I was happy that it didn't have that horrible silicone-y greasy finish that most primers tend to leave. My skin is oily and reactive and this product didn't trigger any breakouts or clogged pores.

I got a small test tube from Glossybox but I'm definitely buying it again.