July 24, 2014 | 1883 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with these palettes and will never get bored of using them! I have the NAKED1 and 2 and love them both! They make it SO easy to create suitable looks for the day and night including everyday, special occasions, nights out etc. just perfect! The quality of the shadows are amazing and can be intensified with fix plus from MAC by spraying it on your brush. I prefer the packaging of the second palette as it snaps shut rather than just being a flap that could easily open in the first palette. However, I much prefer the colours in the first palette although I tend to mix and match across the two palettes. The only reason I haven't bought the NAKED3 is because I don't think the colours would suit my pale skin but I can imagine that the quality would be just as good as the first two palettes. The brushes that come with the palettes are synthetic and are good to pack on the glittery shadows across the lid but in terms of blending out the cease colour I prefer other fluffy brushes. The palettes have lasted me agessss and I've hardly touched the surface as a little goes a long way due to the incredible quality. Overall they are amazing value for money and you won't need any other eyeshadows if you had the NAKED1 and that's saying a lot for me! Go and buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Naked was my very first high end palette, I received it as a gift. I still revere it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, some of the shades are powdery. Some have fallout. But the colors and the effect is all worth it. This was the ground breaker, the original. I never travel without it. Has just about everything you need for any nude look, from natural to dramatic.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the hype surrounding UD products. I bought this palette after lusting over it and hearing so many beauty bloggers and YouTube gurus touting its awesomeness. I've had this palette for almost 4 years now and have played around with the colors maybe 10 times and every time I've used it I've become more and more unimpressed.
The fallout of the shadows is the biggest peeve of mine but also the colors don't blend well and are not as pigmented as I like. The only reason I have not thrown this palette away is because of how much I shelled out, around $45 before taxes at Sephora so it's so hard to try and part with this cause of how much money I spent on this. For higher end shadows I prefer Too Faced, I LOVE their shadows, good pigments, awesome blendability and little to no fallout; pretty much a good solid brand of higher end shadow if you will only buy HE makeup.
The only useful item that came with this was a mini tube of UDPP which I've already used up. My palette also came with a two-sided eyeliner with Zero on one side and Whiskey on the other but from what I heard the eyeliner is now replaced with a eyeshadow brush. The eyeliner is complete crap imo. Eyeliner is dubbed "24/4" but it hardly is 24/7, it smudges and doesn't stay in place. Zero is suppose to be a very black color but it's not very black pigment at all, my CG eyeliner is more black than Zero and actually lasts all day. Whiskey is brown with red tones to it, which I hate (good eyeliner that is an awesome brown is from CG in the color mink, for anyone who is interested).
These palettes are mass produced in large quantities and yet we are charged an arm and leg for these items that are of low quality.
There are many dupes for this palette (and other UD palettes) for a fraction of the price of UD out there, try the dupes and don't waste this amount of money on this crappy palette like I did. I feel so stupid for buying this, wish I would have returned it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

After the release of Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3, all of the admiration, and major attention, I had to see why everyone loved these palettes so much. After plenty of research on what would look best on my skin tone, I went with the first Naked palette. Naked 3 was more pink and I am just starting to play with makeup at the age of 21, so I wanted something more neutral. The price is steep, so you're paying around $50. It does come with eyeshadow primer samples and an excellent double-ended eyeshadow brush. The packaging is beautiful because "NAKED URBAN DECAY" is in gold and the exterior of the palette is a velvet-like material. The palette closes with the use of a magnet. When you open the palette, there is a rectangular mirror, a slot with the eyeshadow brush, and the gorgeous colors. There are 12 colors in total, each with very unusual and fun names. My two favorites are Smog and Half-Baked. Most of the colors are shimmery, but there are two matte shades. I find the shades to be highly pigmented and they stay on well with the use of eyeshadow primer. I use Too Faced eyeshadow primer, but I'm sure the Urban Decay primer potion works very well. I do see plenty of fallout with the shimmery shades, so I would watch out for that. It's a palette of endless possibilities. You can be sexy with a smokey eye, chic and professional with a daytime neutral eye, and you can even go with a sweet look with the lighter shades in the bunch. The brush is high quality! It is gold to match with the palette and has Urban Decay engraved on the handle. One end looks like a shading brush, and the other end is an eyeshadow applicator brush. All in all, it's just an excellent product and really enhances the eyes. I'm glad I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

One of the best natural/brown colored palettes ever made period

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by yumi0945

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It took me years to finally cave and bring one home. The reason why it look me so long was because it's super expensive in Canada - with taxes it's about $75 a pop! I only gave it a 4 lipstick rating because of the packaging. It's very easy to get dirty, but I put it back in the original packaging after use to protect the velvet case.

In regards to the shadows themselves, I never knew how eyeshadows could be "buttery smooth" before using the UD shadows. I am used to chalky, uneven F21 shadows and these ones set the bar for shadow usage for me. You just need one dip of your brush into the colour for it to show up so user beware :P

So far I have only been using the lighter natural shades. I love Dark Horse as a eyebrow shader. Overall, I love this palette and probably will not buy the N2.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by princessgigi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great colors, very flattering on warm skin tones but not overly warm. Can create a good smoky look too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why it's taken me so long to write a review for this palette! I have had it for quite a while. I love it so much! I also have the Naked basics palette, which is a great little essential. I don't own Naked 2 or 3. This palette is literally EVERYTHING I could ever want in an eyeshadow palette! All the colours are buttery, beautiful and vibrant. Whatever look I do with this, I'm happy with. The variation of shades within this palette is just spot on. I even reach for this more than palettes I have custom-made myself. I feel that out of the 3 Naked palettes, this one is the most golden, warmer one. I am fair olive-skinned with yellow undertones, so I feel like the colours suit me well! I will definitely use up and repurchase! This is just the mother of all eye palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by beautylover212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this palette! It's great for whether you want a nice daytime look or an edgy evening look. The colours are really easy to blend and go well with each other. It is expensive but I definitely think it's worth it. It's amazing, definitely a favourite!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by bebe3003

I love this palette and I use this daily with my other naked palettes. I love browns and the sparkles, I make so many looks with this palette.