August 21, 2014 | 1191 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by swagatikasays

The Naked palette has a neutral for every skin tone. These are colours that can give you nice bright eyes or smoky eyes as well. If ever have to go on a non-wedding holiday, this is what I pack with me because it's my go to palette. Yes, it is a bit pricey, I think that if I can find dupes for the colours I don't wear as much, then I will probably buy them, but as of now, I haven't found anything close to the pigmentation, longevity and shades of this palette. Finding colours like a champagne is easy or a soft brown, but Naked's "Naked" eyeshadow is the perfect colour because it completely matches my skin tone giving me a polished look while looking natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by raelynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a fair skinned, green eyed redhead. It is often difficult to find makeup shades that look natural. At times, I end up looking like a clown at the circus. I took a chance, and bought the original Naked palette. I love it. Lots of highly pigmented, taupe shades that look good on me. Sure, there are a couple shades that you need to be conservative with, but you learn that as you go....nicely done Urban Decay, nicely done!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Mymakeupjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So all the hype around Urban Decay's Naked palette, I decided to give into the hype back in February. And boy was I disappointed. The colours looked gorgeous when swatched but on my lids I just could not get it to work. No combination seems to work. Other than half baked, most of the others just looked muddy on my skin tone, which I would say is olive to tan complexion. I felt that the colours just blended into one shade, could not get it to blend as a gradient. And though I am warm olive tone, somehow Naked 2 looks better on me I feel.
I have many palettes, including a couple from toofaced, one from stila, inglot shadows, the balms palettes and Laura Mercier and my favourite is the stila in the light and toofaced chocolate bar. Both are neutrals and stila in the light is in fact supposed to have many of their shades similar to the naked 1 palette but with a better colour pay off and blendability and a way better price point, just with 2 less shadows. I definately recommend Stila's in the light palette. And chocolate bar palette is cheaper with more shades in side and less fall out than the naked palette!

Wish we had a better return policy in Malaysia's Sephora. Only unopened unused products can be returned :( Unlike in USA. So for now I am stuck with the palette and will continue to try and use it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by icecreamsoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had my reservations about this palette because of the price tag, but honestly now I wish I'd bought it sooner! This palette is just a complete DREAM, it sits perfectly on my skin (which is no small feat because I have pretty dry skin), and I use a shade or two from it pretty much every day because it's just so versatile. You can do everyday subtle barely-there looks, light and summery looks, smokey makeup for the evening, and a whole lot inbetween.
The only SLIGHT downsides to this palette are the packaging on the outside - it's covered in this felt stuff which gets quite dirty easily, but I can't really bring myself to care that much about it - and the fact that it makes me want to throw out all my old, cheap shadows that I can't bring myself to use anymore! This palette has truly spoiled me! I think I now have no choice but to start saving to buy the other two palettes...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by niiklala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the story and belief system behind UD products. The first pallet I have bought over and over again. The colors compliment my fair skin tone, and knowing how to contour and choose coordinating colors helps make any look beautiful. I can't tell you the amount of compliments I have had on my eye makeup! A definite must buy for anyone willing to learn contouring or even a light sweep of shimmery nudes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried to like this product, I did.

I have no idea why I keep buying Urban Decay products just to try out what all the hype is about. I bought their 24/7 Eyeliner pencil. (crap, crappity crap crap). More like 2/7 Eyeliner pencil. I bought too many loose eyeshadows from their website after Makeuptalk advertised a huge, not to miss sale. Used twice.

And now, there's the Naked Palette. Seriously, the only thing I liked about it, IS the packaging. It's cute, it's soft, it's like a giant Chocolate looking Willy Wonka palette bar.

Main reasons why I dislike this product.

IT DOES NOT LAST. This can be said of pretty much all of the UD products I've tried. I use a base. I use an eye primer. My MAC eyeshadows last ALL DAY. By the end of the night, when I'm wearing a UD eyeshadow, it somehow appears 75% under my eye, leakage, spillage, smudgage, everything imaginable except remaining in place.

I'm giving it two stars because I do like the pigmentation (which is better than MAC imo). Meaning it is dense and a little goes a long way. It's easier and smoother to apply on the lid than MAC shadows but the lasting power isn't there.

I guess I'm limited to now just using SIN as a brow bone and cheekbone highlighter because what good is an eyeshadow if it doesn't last?

Anyways, I thought most of the colors looked like some of my all time MAC favorites.

Naked looks just like MAC's Wedge
Buck looks just like MAC's Cork
Half Baked looks like a more goldy version (a bit TOO Cleopatra gold) of MAC's all the Glitters or Honey Lust
Smog looks like a dark version of Woodwinked
etc etc

In sum, sticking with my MAC shadows. I need to prevent myself from wasting money on UD products.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with these palettes and will never get bored of using them! I have the NAKED1 and 2 and love them both! They make it SO easy to create suitable looks for the day and night including everyday, special occasions, nights out etc. just perfect! The quality of the shadows are amazing and can be intensified with fix plus from MAC by spraying it on your brush. I prefer the packaging of the second palette as it snaps shut rather than just being a flap that could easily open in the first palette. However, I much prefer the colours in the first palette although I tend to mix and match across the two palettes. The only reason I haven't bought the NAKED3 is because I don't think the colours would suit my pale skin but I can imagine that the quality would be just as good as the first two palettes. The brushes that come with the palettes are synthetic and are good to pack on the glittery shadows across the lid but in terms of blending out the cease colour I prefer other fluffy brushes. The palettes have lasted me agessss and I've hardly touched the surface as a little goes a long way due to the incredible quality. Overall they are amazing value for money and you won't need any other eyeshadows if you had the NAKED1 and that's saying a lot for me! Go and buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Naked was my very first high end palette, I received it as a gift. I still revere it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, some of the shades are powdery. Some have fallout. But the colors and the effect is all worth it. This was the ground breaker, the original. I never travel without it. Has just about everything you need for any nude look, from natural to dramatic.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the hype surrounding UD products. I bought this palette after lusting over it and hearing so many beauty bloggers and YouTube gurus touting its awesomeness. I've had this palette for almost 4 years now and have played around with the colors maybe 10 times and every time I've used it I've become more and more unimpressed.
The fallout of the shadows is the biggest peeve of mine but also the colors don't blend well and are not as pigmented as I like. The only reason I have not thrown this palette away is because of how much I shelled out, around $45 before taxes at Sephora so it's so hard to try and part with this cause of how much money I spent on this. For higher end shadows I prefer Too Faced, I LOVE their shadows, good pigments, awesome blendability and little to no fallout; pretty much a good solid brand of higher end shadow if you will only buy HE makeup.
The only useful item that came with this was a mini tube of UDPP which I've already used up. My palette also came with a two-sided eyeliner with Zero on one side and Whiskey on the other but from what I heard the eyeliner is now replaced with a eyeshadow brush. The eyeliner is complete crap imo. Eyeliner is dubbed "24/4" but it hardly is 24/7, it smudges and doesn't stay in place. Zero is suppose to be a very black color but it's not very black pigment at all, my CG eyeliner is more black than Zero and actually lasts all day. Whiskey is brown with red tones to it, which I hate (good eyeliner that is an awesome brown is from CG in the color mink, for anyone who is interested).
These palettes are mass produced in large quantities and yet we are charged an arm and leg for these items that are of low quality.
There are many dupes for this palette (and other UD palettes) for a fraction of the price of UD out there, try the dupes and don't waste this amount of money on this crappy palette like I did. I feel so stupid for buying this, wish I would have returned it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

After the release of Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3, all of the admiration, and major attention, I had to see why everyone loved these palettes so much. After plenty of research on what would look best on my skin tone, I went with the first Naked palette. Naked 3 was more pink and I am just starting to play with makeup at the age of 21, so I wanted something more neutral. The price is steep, so you're paying around $50. It does come with eyeshadow primer samples and an excellent double-ended eyeshadow brush. The packaging is beautiful because "NAKED URBAN DECAY" is in gold and the exterior of the palette is a velvet-like material. The palette closes with the use of a magnet. When you open the palette, there is a rectangular mirror, a slot with the eyeshadow brush, and the gorgeous colors. There are 12 colors in total, each with very unusual and fun names. My two favorites are Smog and Half-Baked. Most of the colors are shimmery, but there are two matte shades. I find the shades to be highly pigmented and they stay on well with the use of eyeshadow primer. I use Too Faced eyeshadow primer, but I'm sure the Urban Decay primer potion works very well. I do see plenty of fallout with the shimmery shades, so I would watch out for that. It's a palette of endless possibilities. You can be sexy with a smokey eye, chic and professional with a daytime neutral eye, and you can even go with a sweet look with the lighter shades in the bunch. The brush is high quality! It is gold to match with the palette and has Urban Decay engraved on the handle. One end looks like a shading brush, and the other end is an eyeshadow applicator brush. All in all, it's just an excellent product and really enhances the eyes. I'm glad I bought it!