September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sulfa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wear powder foundations for everyday, but wear this L'Oreal liquid for some special occasions. The color "nude beige" is great for my Greek, light-to-medium, olive-toned skin (NC 25ish). It evens out my skin tone really well, then I just use concealer for blemishes and set it all with powder. Other foundations tend to accentuate my dry patches and pores, but this stays looking pretty good for at least eight hours-- without a primer (at least now in the winter)! Bonus: Doesn't break me out! Minus one lippy for getting a little flakey around my nose and chin by the end of the night.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRealist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation, was skeptical because I have very oil skin but this stayed on beautifully for 5+ hours. Goes on nice,covers perfectly..shade does not look orange. This foundation if blended properly looks like your nit even wearing foundation, very natural and very nice coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I don't know how I missed this foundation (since there are a million reviews for it here), but this is working really well for me! Soft Ivory is a really close match to my natural skintone, and is not too pink nor too yellow. This looks and feels great, and is very flattering on my combination skin. It doesn't settle in pores and it doesn't emphasize my fine lines. I either blend it with a dry stipple brush, or just put it on with my fingertips if I want more coverage (it's very blendable and you can build coverage easily). It also lasts well for me - I maybe touch it up w/some powder once during the day, but nothing smeary or worn off or cracking. I have no idea about it having "age reversing" ingredients or if they are doing anything for me, but it looks good on and my skin likes it, and that's good enough for me! I also like the bottle and the pump on this. This really reminds me of much more expensive foundations - I will definitely buy this one again. Wish I had discovered this sooner!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Temperanza

This foundation caked all up on my (now) combination skin. It also made my skin peel and creased very badly. What I found weird too, was that it made my pores look huge.
If you have dry to combo skin, i wouldn't recommend it.
It is pricey for a drugstore brand, so i found it to be a big dissappointment. Love Lumi and truematch more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

For a drugstore foundation, this is very decent. Call me simple, but I always appreciate sturdy packaging and a pump. So many drugstore foundations get messy quickly and waste product because they don't have a pump! *small victory*

But okay, back to the substance : ) The formula is medium coverage (can be layered for full coverage - I don't usually require concealer with my acne scarring on my cheeks when I wear this, just stipple it on). It dries down to a satin-matte finish, similar to MAC Studio Sculpt (but without alot of the issues that foundation has). It wears well - I don't have problems with oxidation, the foundation going patchy, or becoming an oil slick on my forehead. Additionally, it's one of the few drugstore foundations that is a "real" skin color and a great match for my natural skin tone (Soft Ivory). It has a pink tint without going full-blast peach. It actually dries slightly lighter and more neutral than it looks when first out of the pump.

So why four stars and not five? The only reason is that I wish I had the same coverage, wear, packaging, and shade but in a more "realistic-skin looking" finish. How it feels on my skin does sometimes remind me that I'm wearing make up. It's definitely one of the best drugstore foundations I have found to date, but it's not the Holy Grail product I have in my mind that I will know "is the one." I only like to give 5s to products that are so good and that I am so content with, that I pretty much stop lemming similar products. This foundation is good, but I can't fully commit to it because I want a more skin-like finish.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have been using 146 Nude Beige (i'm NC 25 / Neutrogena healthy skin foundation in Nude ) for about 2 weeks now and I must say it's a good foundation for me. For me, I find that putting this this foundation with a flat top kabuki brush gives me the most natural finish and DO NOT spray the bush with any water to wet the brush, it creates a mess. This foundation seems to already have a primer built in and do not mix well with any water.
Coverage is medium and last about 8 hours for me and I do set it with a powder.
As far as the "age-reversing" claim, I'm not sure about that, it doesn't settle into fine lines or wrinkles on me, but maybe after a few months I might see the age-reversal ? :)
It's far too early for me to claim this as a HG but I would buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG.

I have super dry skin and I thought this would be a really nice foundation in the winter months. I tried it the first time and I wasn't thrilled with the finish. It's very powdery, matte, which seemed weird for something named "lift". I expected it to perform somewhat like the Boots Lift & Luminate foundation, which has some sort of film formers in it that stop it from settling into pores and fine lines. The Boots color range leaves a lot to be desired. The L'Oreal did have a good color match for my NW15ish skintone - the shade Light Ivory.

So, after applying it was very apparent that the "lift" in this foundation wasn't film formers. As I said, it has a very powdery finish, which, I don't even know how that works with something touted as being a "serum", but it does.

I put it at the back of my makeup drawer. But my skin has been so dry lately that I pulled it out today and gave it another try. As before, it still has the same powdery matte finish. It looked okay on initial application, but by the 4 hour mark, it was settling into the fine lines around my eyes and creasing. This isn't necessarily a deal breaker. I have several foundations that do this and it's a fairly easy fix.

However, at the 6 hour mark, I checked it again and it was CREASING ON MY FOREHEAD. WTH?!?!? I have NEVER had a foundation that creased on my forehead. I'm 38 years old, not 98. I'm appalled. I don't know if this is because of the "serum" part. Maybe it has a powder finish on the surface, but remains emollient underneath. I'm not going to spend a lot of time trying to figure this out. I'm dumping this sucker in the trash as soon as I get home.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation for fall/winter months. I have it in shade 144(light ivory) and it is the best match I have found in a foundation for my NC20 skin. In summer months, this is a bit too light for me. It has light to medium coverage, so if you have lots of sun damage/redness/scars, this foundation will not have the proper coverage. It is very blendable, and has a great consistency. If you look closely it has tiny sparkles in the bottle, but on skin they are invisible, yet give your skin a very natural, healthy glow. I do have to moisturize my skin before applying it, otherwise, my dry patches can be accentuated. Overall, highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by PKB3937

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am amazed . I'm usually a makeup snob but recently have discovered drugstore products have come a long way . This foundation is beautiful. Great staying power and beautiful finish. I have oily skin and this does not make my skin oilier , nor does it turn orange on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by krystal34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just tried this today for the first time & i love it! My skin is pretty bad so i like medium to full coverage in a foundation & this is perfect. It goes on smoothly and feels light (no heavy, cakey feel as you get with some foundations) I didn't use primer under it and although it looks great without primer, i think it would look even better with it. I even put a little too much on (2 pumps, you don't need alot. I think 1 pump would've been enough to cover my whole face) and it still looks good and feels light. I'll definitely continue using this. As anyone with bad skin knows, a good foundation is hard to find.. glad i finally found one!
Edit: so i tried it with primer underneath and it definitely looks & feels better WITHOUT primer. With the primer, this foundation feels and looks heavy/cakey & my skin looks oily. It's also wearing off much quicker than when i wore it without primer