April 16, 2014 | 1911 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by PKB3937

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am amazed . I'm usually a makeup snob but recently have discovered drugstore products have come a long way . This foundation is beautiful. Great staying power and beautiful finish. I have oily skin and this does not make my skin oilier , nor does it turn orange on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by krystal34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just tried this today for the first time & i love it! My skin is pretty bad so i like medium to full coverage in a foundation & this is perfect. It goes on smoothly and feels light (no heavy, cakey feel as you get with some foundations) I didn't use primer under it and although it looks great without primer, i think it would look even better with it. I even put a little too much on (2 pumps, you don't need alot. I think 1 pump would've been enough to cover my whole face) and it still looks good and feels light. I'll definitely continue using this. As anyone with bad skin knows, a good foundation is hard to find.. glad i finally found one!
Edit: so i tried it with primer underneath and it definitely looks & feels better WITHOUT primer. With the primer, this foundation feels and looks heavy/cakey & my skin looks oily. It's also wearing off much quicker than when i wore it without primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Visible lift Serum Absolute is remarkable. I am flabbergasted that a drug store foundation can be as good as most High End cosmetics.

Background? My skin has become normal to dry now that I am in my mid-40s. Needing some moisture but not so much I break out. My skin is acne prone, super sensitive, mild scarring and rosacea. I do have small wrinkles around chin and eyes. My skin has a slight orange peel texture on my cheeks no doubt past scarring from past bouts of acne. My pores are luckily on the small to invisible side. I do have a slight reddish ruddy complexion from the rosacea with a yellow undertone but am painfully pale. Finding the right shade, right coverage and right formula can be a nightmare for me. I tend to avoid drugstores because returns can be a hassle. While shopping at a Macys, Nordstroms, Ulta, or Sephora I have the support of commission sales associate all too willing to take back the return with the promise of a bigger sale.

I bought this after reading a few reviews here on MUA. I tried shades 144, 146, and 148. My skin color is on the warm light side. Shades that do well on me from other brands are (MAC nc25, nc20, Estee Lauder: Sand, Bone and Linen, Clarins 104, Clinique Cream Whip, Golden Neutral). I believe there is not enough options in LOreals shade selection but this is the case for countless foundations. Too many of us have variations on our skin color that make finding the perfect foundations an ordeal. That was why I purchased three to genuinely see which would work on me. LOreal VL shade 148 is perfect but mixing with 144 to contour is nice.

This foundation is perfect for someone with normal to dry skin, wants breathable coverage, lasts most of the day and cant afford to spend more than $15. Ironically I read on other sites like Ulta, Amazon and Paulas Reviews that this foundation is best for people on the oily to combo skin types. Well, I can only say that I have drier skin now and this does not dry me out further and in fact makes my skin feel delightful. I have heard some say wrinkles are exaggerated if you do not use a primer. I did not use a primer but I do use a green concealer on areas that are red to neutralize prior to foundation. I still have wrinkles. Nothing short of surgery will get rid of these. I am not sure if the Vitamin C or Retinol has any significant effect or added value. Point of fact sunlight would destroy the benefits of C and Retinol A from the clear glass bottle. I tend to believe these are gimmicks that make you think you are helping to stop wrinkles. The Sunscreen is a better fighter of potential damage!

Prepare yourself, when applying this does not dry quickly and if you have areas that need more coverage you are going to need to give yourself time to build up the coverage. This is a thin not watery but creamy foundation scent free. If you are accustomed to Revlon Color Stay or Estee Lauder Double wear you will find this drying time to be tediously slow. The foundation dries to a soft powdery satin impeccable finish that is not mask like. It seems to fill every nook and cranny on your face without feeling heavy. I must tell you the staying power is not like ELDW or Rev Color stay but if you cab blot or dab with a good powder you will find this can last 5-6 hours before it starts to deteriorate. I do love this foundation and give it a high rating for the accessibility and the price. Just $12.50 for the bottle, easily found while doing errands at the grocery store is worth every second of my time.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by ggabon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never really buy drugstore foundations because I always believed that the quality could never measure up to the high end cosmetic brands. But this foundation proved me wrong!! I was running out of my MAC face and body (which I was ehh about) and I needed a quick fix foundation. I read the reviews and purchased this. This foundation gives such a flawless finish, you would never think this was from the drugstore. The price was alil pricey but I quickly forgot the price once I saw what this can do! With some primer, translucent powder and a light sweep of face powder, you got a flawless face forsure ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ahura1

I really like this foundation. The color selection is really good. I used this foundation during the winter when my combination skin gets a little dry. Overall, I did not see too much improvement in my skin but I did not use it long enough. If you have dry skin then this is a great foundation but if you have larger pores and crazy skin like me then it could make things worse. I really like most L'oreal products but this made me break out after a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by doofus7734

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I came upon this product in my quest for a reasonably priced foundation. All in all, it is pretty darn good for the money. There was a plastic color match chart that you placed over your arm at the store where I purchased the product. I believe that it provided direction to a good match. The coverage is medium, which is what I wanted. There is little to no fragrance. It has a pump bottle which I like because it keeps the product fresh and clean. One pump is sufficient for me to cover my entire face. The finish lasts about 5 hours. I would have given it 5 lippys if it lasted longer. However, I live at the beach in a very humid environment, and NOTHING lasts long here. The bottle is clear so that you can see how much is left.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by dawnhouzz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I need the input of others who like this product pls because I want to continue using it. I love the foundation itself but HATES the packaging because after two use, it is hard to get the product using the pump. Nothing comes out. I had to pump and pump and shake to get a little bit. I had to force open the bottle to be able to use it. Bottom line, I spend time in putting on my foundation when using this bottle. Other products I have tried do not have this problem.
How do other users deal with this?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

This is one of the best luxury drugstore foundation i had ever discovered. I have swatched over 50 different kinds of foundations from high ends ( Sephora, Macys, etc,ect) to pick out the best of what drugstores can offer as far as consistency of coverage, lasting power, shade ranges. Loreal visible lift made it to the final rounds on my quest to finding a good foundation at a reasonable pricing, The Loreal visible lift foundation has the exact consistency, scent and remarkable result as Nars Sheer foundation.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by castellanocm

I like this foundation because it goes on very nicely, smoothly, and blends very well. It covers all my blemishes and is pretty true to my skin tone. This is all fine and good- for only about 3 hours. After about that long, my skin was super oily, orangy, and come off in some spots. I wish it lasted because for the first few hours it was on, it looked great! i'm so disappointed. :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just tried this makeup today. I did not think I would like it as well as the L'oreal Lumi - but I do! It is so creamy and goes on smooth. It just takes a bit, so think I will use less next time. I got the classic Ivory and it matches pretty well.
I also set this with a bit of pressed powder. Texture looks great on:)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No