Almay One Coat Dial Up

3.2

I too found this at a dollar store ( should be a red flag no?)

I liked the idea of being able to have a subtle day mascara ( level 1) or a dramatic one ( level 3) or anywhere in between all in one tube, but twisting the tube up has only one real effect, giving you clumps galore.

Even at level 1 the brush is overloaded with mascara and it smudged within hours. Added more volume than length. Would not recommend, there are much better mascaras even almay mascaras out there

Pros:
Rich black color
didn't irritate contacts

Cons:
overloaded brush
no real "dial up" effect
smudges

on 1/26/2012 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this mascara is very gimmicky. i like 1 for my bottom lashes and i like 3 for my top lashes. it doesnt allow you to get the inner corners but it gets the outer corners beautifully. it is definatley not worth its usual price at 8-10 dollars but i got it at a dollar general, so it is worth that 1 dollar. you also get a lot less product than normal mascaras. overall, its a great everyday, for school mascara. would only repurchase if i found it there again. which i still have so check your dollar stores ladies!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ugh. My friends got me this for my birthday, and at first, I thought "hey! There's a dial-up button!" But really, it's just a gimmick. I really like the button, but the packaging.......it's way too bulgy. As for the formula, it is horrible. Whenever I put it on, it smudges a little, which drives me INSANE.
Whenever I put it on, I have to check every half an hour to make sure it didn't smudge on my lower lash line. Will NEVER purchase this.
It's useful if it's the ONLY thing in your purse or whatever. But overall,
it's just horrible,

on 1/19/2012 11:32:00 PM

This is good for a basic mascara, nothing special. I always use it on level 1, since I don't want anything too dramatic. I haven't had any issues at all with clumping or anything like that. I am positive there are way better mascaras out there but this one is "just okay" and could work in a pinch!

on 1/18/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I also found this in the Dollar Tree. If this wasn't so hard to wash off, I'd buy it again. I love the really black color of the product. If you use more than one coat it will clump, so just wipe the brush before using and comb out the clumps. If it had a "real brush" I doubt there would be so much wet clumping. The dial is useless and packaging bulky and not travel friendly.

Pros:
Gorgeous super black color
Lashes seem to hold a curl
$1

Cons:
Fat/bulky tube
worthless dial
awful plastic "brush" (give me a real brush!!!)
hard to remove from lashes

on 1/10/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is easily the worst mascara I've ever tried. It's too wet and goes on really clumpy and smudgy. The brush is the plastic bristle type but with really short bristles that do absolutely nothing. Like previous reviewers have mentioned, the dial-up feature is just a gimmick. I bought it at my local Dollar Tree store and I'm sorry I wasted even a dollar on this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this, I bought it a while ago at Bealls because it was like $4 and I knew it was much more at Walmart and other drugstores.. I didn't know it would become my favorite mascara! I love it, and am almost out. Today I found it at my dollar store and I was so happy, of course I picked it up. It looks so natural, I've used it completely with NO clumps ever, never had a problem of flaking or anything else. I use blackest black, but they also have a black brown color. For everday (I love dramatic eyelashes with neutral makeup) I use it on the 3rd setting of the dial, and it looks great (: no matter how many mascaras I buy, I always come back to this one!

If you want a more in depth review and pics/swatches check out my new blog: http://ohlovelydear.blogspot.com/ I'm doing a new review every single day of 2012! xo

on 1/1/2012 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have walked by this mascara in several drug stores for some time now, epsecially with it being priced at about $10 and was amazed to find this in my local Dollar Tree for $1! I figured that at $1 it's worth a try.

I prefer to use this on #2 and in Blackest Black. I usually use MAC's Prep and Prime Lash with a majority of mascaras to try to boost the product but I find that even without it Dial Up is a great product. Great pigmentation. My only complaint is the packaging because it's so bulky.

on 12/25/2011 12:31:00 AM

I dont know if id pay full price for this yet just startd using it.. found it at dollar store figured why not. I do like it so far! !! Will update soon

EDIT: After wearing this a few more times.. I do like it still.. I wouldn't pay 7 bucks for it considering my favorite mascara the FALSIES is only 5 bucks and I LOVE IT!!!!
WHAT I DO WANNA SAY IS THIS DOES FLAKE A LITTLE....and.. if u cry while wearing it.. completely comes off.. no fixing it lol but it does look nice when its on. Don't notice and clumping and it pretty true to what they say.. ONE COAT:)

on 12/24/2011 11:14:00 PM

Found this at the Dollar Tree and I was ecstatic because ideally Almay SOUNDS like it would be just what I need for my sensitive skin and eyes, but IRONICALLY, most everything Almay that I have tried has been more irritating than mainstream Maybelline or CoverGirl products. This mascara is no exception. Thought it was love at first swipe with how smooth and beautifuly dark black this initially went on as a mascara. However, 5 minutes after putting it on, my eyes felt and looked red and irritated, and this continued the whole night I had this on until I completely removed it. Very very sad because a $1 successful mascara would have made my month, and I surely would have gone back to stock up on more. But more importantly, I once again realized how Almay products are oddly even less hypoallergenic than other companies, mostly because (if you notice Almay ingredient labels) they like to put excessive botanicals and extracts in their products, which all can be potentially irritating. A lot of times, simple and basic is the way to go for sensitive beauty upkeeping.

Popular Mascaras