October 25, 2014 | 953 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Meteorites Perles Teint Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Besides being absolutely gorgeous, this is the best setting or finishing powder I know. I use meteorites brush w it and it picks up beautifully. Teint rose ideal for my rose clair 12 foundation. It's such a non powdery powder if that makes sense: blurs imperfections and doesn't exacerbate Dry areas. Pores are non existent and fine lines aren't Cakey like so many other powders. Probably wont have to repurchase any time this century cause these balls aren't goin anywhere anytime soon - so a superb value!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A wonderful product which makes you look healthy and radiant. It is a powder in the form of pressed balls of different colours. Helps to even out skin tone, add radiance and freshness to the skin. When you apply it on your face you can't really see it at all. At least I can't. And it doesn't have any obvious shimmer in it. Yet the effect is there. Just beautiful. The colours might look weird: pink and blue. But they absolutely don't show up on the skin like that.
I use Make Up For Ever kabuki brush to apply the product or Eco Tools Powder brush. The latter provides a sheerer application. The colour works fine for me both in winter and in summer months (I am NW20/25). But I guess it doesn't really matter what colour skin you have.
The only downside is the product is not mobile at all. The balls are too fragile and the box is too bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by katarinapierce

Holy grial product. I would say that I do not necessarily need it or can't live without it, but the subtle glow it gives me makes it a staple product in my collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that this oxidises on my face after 2/3 hours and makes my face a lot darker. It's a shame since I love the softening effect of this powder. Will not repurchase as it is expensive and I can live without it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is beautiful, the product is beautiful and the effect is beautiful. Your face will look luminous and fresh, with the slightest touch of shimmer. It's a great subtle (very subtle) highlighter, but I like to use this as a finishing powder. This is is "brighter" one of the group.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Stephny691

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'll start with- I LOVE this product. I love it. I bought them on a recommendation from someone on here and I have no regrets at all. I love them.
I will be honest though and say I don't see any of the glowy/illuminating effect from them at all, but that doesn't stop my love for them.

My skin feels lovely after I use them, they're actually a very good finishing powder for me (very combination skin), and they do help keep my skin balanced throughout the day (not too oily, don't dry my cheeks further). They smell incredible! And yes the metal box is lovely.
Honestly, I will not only be rebuying these, they have also made me want the travel compact and some more of the LE ones too.

Fantastic product, love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, it took me forever to get here. For years and years, I have always thought that this product was a lot of hype. One of my friends swears by it but she has great skin anyway so I was not convinced. Fast forward to the present where I had wandered into a duty free shop at the airport and met a sales assistant by the guerlain counter. In trying to show me their value travel exclusives, she fumbled while opening a brand new box and spilled the little pearls all over the floor! I felt so bad for her I bought a set of two travel- friendly boxes.

I regretted it when I first tried it as a finishing powder, I couldn't tell if it was there or not. It was so sheer and colorless I wasn't sure that my brush had picked up any product at all. Then people started telling me I've been looking great lately. Nothing else had changed in my makeup routine other than the addition of this expensive powder that I really couldn't see on my skin. One day, I took a good look at my face before and after the application of the powder. Then I saw it. My face looked fresh and luminous, not matte and flat. It was highlighted in subtle yet effective way. Not frosty or shimmery so it doesn't emphasize lines and pores (Hellooo shimmer bricks!),

You don't need this product if you're happy with what you have. But if you're looking for something that will take you the extra mile, then try it for a while and you may find yourself completey converted, like me.

P.S. I now also own the Perles Du Dragon.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are great! They brighten so well and my face is glowing! Pricey, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by diabolicrouge

Guerlain is one of those brands that produces the most luxurious, pretty, well-thought out products that are eye candy for your vanity. Meteorites is one of those iconic products from Guerlain, along with their classic fragrances. It looks beautiful sitting next to my perfumes, with a feminine, elegant appeal.

Now, aside from the exquisite packaging and lovely violet scent wafting from the multi-colored pearly balls, do you need this? The answer is no. However, I find that it functions well as a setting powder, it mattifies my oily skin and adds a touch of luminosity. In direct sunlight, the shimmer particles are slightly visible, but undetectable under artificial. I especially love to use this over my Lingerie de Peau foundation, which I also love. Many confuse Meteorites for a highlighter, but it is more of a light setting powder. It can also be used over your regular powder to add a touch of glow. I often have a problem with powders turning my skin my ashy and pink (I'm pale and yellow-toned), but this doesn't.

This is a lovely product if you are one of those ladies that love spending time on your beauty ritual, and appreciate little luxuries in your life such as this! But from a practical standpoint, this product does not perform better than any other setting powder, and there are certainly cheaper highlighters on the market if that is the effect you desire. But I'll always love to have these around on my vanity to add a little touch of happiness in the morning. =)

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the Meteorites in Teint Rose and i am in love. These are little multi-colored balls that come in a round tin. This color is part of the permanent line and is meant to be used as a finishing powder for the face. I use my Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply these, and it seems to pick up a decent amount, and applies evenly. There is no coverage from this powder, it just gives a very subtle glow to the complexion. It does not cover redness or anything like that, and is not meant to. I sometimes use a dusting of these balls over the Pearls Primer that Guerlain has, and this amps up the glow a bit. The pearls smell like violets, and to me that is part of what gives this product it's luxe appeal. This scent does fade once on the face thou. One thing I will mention is you have to use a lighter hand when swirling your brush in the meteorites because if you use a heavy hand, you may pick up some of the balls with your brush and they will get flung out of the container. They are very sturdy, and mine did not break apart like I thought they would when I dropped one on the floor.
The meteorites come with a sponge that sets atop them under the lid of the tin so that they are protected from damage whilst being transported. These are lovely and I hope to always have these beauties in my possession.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No