Guerlain Meteorites Perles Teint Rose

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Magnesium Myristate, Distarch Phosphate, Magnesium Carbonate, Hydrated Silica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch, Silica, Parfum (fragrance), Meteorite Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid, Aplha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geranoil, Cinnamyl Alcohol, [+/- Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Magnesium Violet)].

on 11/12/2013 9:39:00 AM

I am Asian, fair with yellow undertones (I am a match to MAC NC15). I chose Teint Rose because I am fair and because I have spider veins/broken capillaries all over my cheeks and the sides of my nose (the green pearls are supposed to counteract redness).

Admittedly, when I first tried this on my face at the Guerlain counter, I did not see any difference (apart from seeing some shimmer when I examined my face closely in front of the mirror). However, I was so obsessed with this and had to have it so I bought it anyways (even though they only had the white limited edition tin available, and I had been lemming for the regular silver tinned version)!

It was only when I applied it after MAC blot powder that I saw the effect it had on my skin! If you have oily/combination skin like me, you will know that applying mattifying products will result in a very flat and 2 dimensional appearance. Enter Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Rose. This added an instant glow to my skin!

I have since abandoned all other finishing powders for this one as not only is it perfect for my skin tone, it has the added bonus of adding a soft luminescence to my skin.

Now I just have to find the perfect case to house these beauties when I am out and about!

Makes me look like a flawless superstar celebrity... I get compliments every time I wear this, no exceptions. And yes, I have oily skin. No this does not irritate or make my skin oilier.
Makes you look GLOWY and AIRBRUSHED, like Eve from the forbidden garden.. (lol)
SO WORTH THE CASH, these last forever.
And I ADORE the case- beautiful and classic. I keep the sponge inside so nothing breaks and so that the balls stay in place.

on 10/29/2013 9:44:00 AM

MUA, you show me pretty things and then tell me how good they are. And I fall for it every time! I bought this after reading all the reviews about it (in fact every Guerlain product I have bought has been from MUA reviews) and how it would give me a subtle glow without being shimmery. Owing to all the great reviews, I tried very hard to justify buying these again but sadly I just can't think of any reason why I would spend so much money on this powder when my current container runs out.

It does give me a glow, there is no doubt about that, and there is only a little shimmer if I look closely. I have NC15 skin and I bought the Teint Rose. I was worried that it would give my skin a pink tint but it doesn't deposit any color as far as I can see. Living in Florida means that I sweat my makeup off within seconds of being outside, so any carefully applied powder has to be pretty tenacious to withstand the heat and humidity. Yes they make my skin look more radiant and smooth, but that only lasts as long as I am in air conditioning. As soon as I leave the house I am back to being non-glowy and the powder's effect has all but vanished. This powder is just not long lasting and I am not carrying around the pearls just to reapply at the office.

The scent of these pearls is wonderful, my grandmother used to wear a perfume that smelled exactly the same so I have happy memories whenever I use this powder. But for $60 I am wondering if it is really worth it. Yes, my skin looks nice when I wear the powder, but I can get a similar effect using a powder that's a tenth of the price.

I'm not sure why, but my Meteorites came in a silver metal tin and not the cardboard container that others are mentioning (which is a good thing as I much prefer the sturdier container which I can actually reuse for something.)

I know that you pay more for luxury (or the appearance of luxury) but I just don't think I would bother with these again, even if they are pretty and smell delicious. I will use them up but not a rebuy.

on 9/7/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I finally own ballz! I enjoy it because it really feels like a little bit of luxury. I do think it works well as a finishing powder, to give my face that extra something to make me look more alive, more radiant. I use it all over, and I don't think it's too shimmery (NW20 for reference). I wish it had more green balls in it, since I tend to be too pink. The package is nice, but metal would be nice instead of cardboard at this price. Smells lovely, too. I don't think it's an essential, it's just something to indulge in to make the day feel special.

on 8/23/2013 5:34:00 AM

Besides being absolutely gorgeous, this is the best setting or finishing powder I know. I use meteorites brush w it and it picks up beautifully. Teint rose ideal for my rose clair 12 foundation. It's such a non powdery powder if that makes sense: blurs imperfections and doesn't exacerbate Dry areas. Pores are non existent and fine lines aren't Cakey like so many other powders. Probably wont have to repurchase any time this century cause these balls aren't goin anywhere anytime soon - so a superb value!

A wonderful product which makes you look healthy and radiant. It is a powder in the form of pressed balls of different colours. Helps to even out skin tone, add radiance and freshness to the skin. When you apply it on your face you can't really see it at all. At least I can't. And it doesn't have any obvious shimmer in it. Yet the effect is there. Just beautiful. The colours might look weird: pink and blue. But they absolutely don't show up on the skin like that.
I use Make Up For Ever kabuki brush to apply the product or Eco Tools Powder brush. The latter provides a sheerer application. The colour works fine for me both in winter and in summer months (I am NW20/25). But I guess it doesn't really matter what colour skin you have.
The only downside is the product is not mobile at all. The balls are too fragile and the box is too bulky.

Holy grial product. I would say that I do not necessarily need it or can't live without it, but the subtle glow it gives me makes it a staple product in my collection.

on 4/10/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I find that this oxidises on my face after 2/3 hours and makes my face a lot darker. It's a shame since I love the softening effect of this powder. Will not repurchase as it is expensive and I can live without it.

on 3/11/2013 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

The packaging is beautiful, the product is beautiful and the effect is beautiful. Your face will look luminous and fresh, with the slightest touch of shimmer. It's a great subtle (very subtle) highlighter, but I like to use this as a finishing powder. This is is "brighter" one of the group.

on 2/22/2013 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'll start with- I LOVE this product. I love it. I bought them on a recommendation from someone on here and I have no regrets at all. I love them.
I will be honest though and say I don't see any of the glowy/illuminating effect from them at all, but that doesn't stop my love for them.

My skin feels lovely after I use them, they're actually a very good finishing powder for me (very combination skin), and they do help keep my skin balanced throughout the day (not too oily, don't dry my cheeks further). They smell incredible! And yes the metal box is lovely.
Honestly, I will not only be rebuying these, they have also made me want the travel compact and some more of the LE ones too.

Fantastic product, love it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials