April 17, 2014 | 1814 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Meteorites Perles Teint Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Stephny691

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'll start with- I LOVE this product. I love it. I bought them on a recommendation from someone on here and I have no regrets at all. I love them.
I will be honest though and say I don't see any of the glowy/illuminating effect from them at all, but that doesn't stop my love for them.

My skin feels lovely after I use them, they're actually a very good finishing powder for me (very combination skin), and they do help keep my skin balanced throughout the day (not too oily, don't dry my cheeks further). They smell incredible! And yes the metal box is lovely.
Honestly, I will not only be rebuying these, they have also made me want the travel compact and some more of the LE ones too.

Fantastic product, love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, it took me forever to get here. For years and years, I have always thought that this product was a lot of hype. One of my friends swears by it but she has great skin anyway so I was not convinced. Fast forward to the present where I had wandered into a duty free shop at the airport and met a sales assistant by the guerlain counter. In trying to show me their value travel exclusives, she fumbled while opening a brand new box and spilled the little pearls all over the floor! I felt so bad for her I bought a set of two travel- friendly boxes.

I regretted it when I first tried it as a finishing powder, I couldn't tell if it was there or not. It was so sheer and colorless I wasn't sure that my brush had picked up any product at all. Then people started telling me I've been looking great lately. Nothing else had changed in my makeup routine other than the addition of this expensive powder that I really couldn't see on my skin. One day, I took a good look at my face before and after the application of the powder. Then I saw it. My face looked fresh and luminous, not matte and flat. It was highlighted in subtle yet effective way. Not frosty or shimmery so it doesn't emphasize lines and pores (Hellooo shimmer bricks!),

You don't need this product if you're happy with what you have. But if you're looking for something that will take you the extra mile, then try it for a while and you may find yourself completey converted, like me.

P.S. I now also own the Perles Du Dragon.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are great! They brighten so well and my face is glowing! Pricey, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by diabolicrouge

Guerlain is one of those brands that produces the most luxurious, pretty, well-thought out products that are eye candy for your vanity. Meteorites is one of those iconic products from Guerlain, along with their classic fragrances. It looks beautiful sitting next to my perfumes, with a feminine, elegant appeal.

Now, aside from the exquisite packaging and lovely violet scent wafting from the multi-colored pearly balls, do you need this? The answer is no. However, I find that it functions well as a setting powder, it mattifies my oily skin and adds a touch of luminosity. In direct sunlight, the shimmer particles are slightly visible, but undetectable under artificial. I especially love to use this over my Lingerie de Peau foundation, which I also love. Many confuse Meteorites for a highlighter, but it is more of a light setting powder. It can also be used over your regular powder to add a touch of glow. I often have a problem with powders turning my skin my ashy and pink (I'm pale and yellow-toned), but this doesn't.

This is a lovely product if you are one of those ladies that love spending time on your beauty ritual, and appreciate little luxuries in your life such as this! But from a practical standpoint, this product does not perform better than any other setting powder, and there are certainly cheaper highlighters on the market if that is the effect you desire. But I'll always love to have these around on my vanity to add a little touch of happiness in the morning. =)

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the Meteorites in Teint Rose and i am in love. These are little multi-colored balls that come in a round tin. This color is part of the permanent line and is meant to be used as a finishing powder for the face. I use my Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply these, and it seems to pick up a decent amount, and applies evenly. There is no coverage from this powder, it just gives a very subtle glow to the complexion. It does not cover redness or anything like that, and is not meant to. I sometimes use a dusting of these balls over the Pearls Primer that Guerlain has, and this amps up the glow a bit. The pearls smell like violets, and to me that is part of what gives this product it's luxe appeal. This scent does fade once on the face thou. One thing I will mention is you have to use a lighter hand when swirling your brush in the meteorites because if you use a heavy hand, you may pick up some of the balls with your brush and they will get flung out of the container. They are very sturdy, and mine did not break apart like I thought they would when I dropped one on the floor.
The meteorites come with a sponge that sets atop them under the lid of the tin so that they are protected from damage whilst being transported. These are lovely and I hope to always have these beauties in my possession.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WHAT IT IS IS:
Guerlain Meteorites are an iconic luxury cosmetic. If you're new to the idea, it's colored little talc beads in a little container, which is usually very pretty. Smells flowery, like violets. Looks sheer when applied and somewhat sparkly. Teint Rose has pink, yellow, lavender, mint, and white ballz. Some are matte, some shimmery. The overall effect is dimensional near-white.

PROS:
It's almost impossible to overdo. That is, if you have a high tolerance for a bit of sparkle.
It's pretty as all get-out.
It smells nice.

CONS:
If you're sensitive to and/or offended by talc, glitter, or fragrance, this is not the iconic luxury cosmetic for you.
Not a miracle worker.

TL;DR:
Nobody needs these, but I have tenzy because they're pretty and the finish is nice, so I guess the big G is doing something right.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by candycandycandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE the packaging, love it so much I'm pretty sure the product actually does nothing but make you feel lovely putting it on...

This broke me out terribly, which really upset me because I bought it from Myer in Australia for about $130!

Can't bring myself to throw it away because I love the way the container looks too much in my cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by hellokittybrock

My 2nd HG product of 2013. Actually I bought it for my mom bcos she likes it. Who knows she depotted some pearls n declared the rest is mine. I was like...what am I gonna do with this??? Left it aside for a couple of months n one fine day accidentally using it on my entire face rather then just highlighting certain areas. Controls oil well. Face glows. I like looking into the mirror. Such happiness is something money cannot buy. I love it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by twinkle82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this as final step after everything else. Gives a subtle polish finish with radiance. Can be a little drying if applied around the eye area. My colleagues have been asking what I have done to my skin recently!!! How lovely..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yeah, after a long time of research I found out that this contains bismuth. So...

Dear Guerlain,
"SCREW YOU!"

Sincerely, my acne prone skin.

I love the idea and was so excited to try this, but now I'm glad I didn't spend big bucks on this product. I actually own the terracotta bronzer from Guerlain, and even if the color is superb it breaks out the skin across my cheekbones and where I apply it terribly. So after reading about this and how great it was, I was very disappointed about the ingredients. Bismuth Oxychloride is a metall that's normally not found in nature. It's not supposed to be poisonous, but this has been discussed and disagreed on in the makeup world for ages (especially when Mineral makeup became tha bomb).

So this ingredient is used in makeup because it's cheap, and makes the makeup stay put. It's also shimmery and has a light reflecting effect, which makes the skin appear smoother. But that's the only positive thing about this, because so much as 85% of the women are allergic to this ingredient. So many who have acne prone skin and zits, often don't know why until they start researching ingredients in cosmetics and find out that this sucker was the problem all that time.

If you become itchy after applying this, especially when you're sweating and it's warm outside, then it's thanks to the bismuth in this product. The body will push away and reject things it doesn't agree with, and since bismuth is so heavy on the skin, it often reacts to it and starts producing acne and bumps across the skin.

Just because a brand is expensive does not mean it's good for the skin, and I will not buy this unless Guerlain does something about this outdated and terrible ingredient. So sad, because the concept behind this is great in SO many ways. Why does high performing products like this have to be so bad for acne prone skin? :-/