The Body Shop DeoDry Dry-Effect Deodorant [DISCONTINUED]

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/29/2012 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this deodorant at Sephora on sale. I got the one with the pink lid. For a little less than a year I have been trying out different deodorants that do not contain any antiperspirant ranging from homemade deodorants to store-bought ones. I haven't found a HG deodorant yet. The ones that worked the best had Triclosan (antimicrobial agent) in them, but I found out that is yucky for your body too and can cause endocrine disruption. So I thought for $3 I would give this a try.

It isn't the best natural deodorant I have used and it isn't the worst. I do find that I sweat a lot through my clothes with this, but that could be because I wear lots of artificial fabrics that don't breathe. This is a decent deodorant for light activity days, but I can't see it working well for heavy levels of activity. I notice I smell fine most of the day but begin to stink like BO towards the end of the day. It isn't outright funky like some deodorants have left me, but it isn't the greatest.

I think I will give this a try for awhile longer, maybe use up the tube, but that I'm off to try something else. If anyone has any suggestions please give send me a message. :)

on 8/22/2012 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yeah I really don't like this stuff.

It feel sticky and strangely wet when it goes on, and while it smells lovely and fresh in the stick, it doesn't smell fresh even half an hour later and doesn't 'deodry' anything... in fact, I think it makes me sweat MORE.

Disappointing.

on 7/23/2012 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is for the pink one. It is a deoderant, not anti-perspirant, and I found it worked great for me at night. I usually use the Dove Fresh at night, and wake up smelly. I have used this several nights now, and woken up fresh as when I went to sleep. My husband loves the scent also, which is a bonus!

Now for the daytime- I didn't smell after using it, but felt damp under my arms. So, I am thinking it will just be a good night-time deoderant. I usually use the Secret vanilla in the day, and have had a difficult time finding a deoderant/anti perspirant that keeps me fresh all day.

I like the benefits of no aluminum, plus the lava. I may try what the SA recommended, which is using it during the day if you feel damp, and she said the lava would wisk away some of the dampness. Pink is a lovely scent and worth a bit of experimenting!

on 6/8/2012 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

ive been trying to purchase more natural and paraben free skincare and cosmetics as much as i can. after a breast cancer story which includes deodarents with parabens (please look into it ladies). this was probably the cheapest deodarent (just $5!) at sephora and the body shop is a really good brand. i have the one with the pink cap, "fresh & floral" which the scent really does live up to its name. the scent does not last all day, which kind of sucks because it smells soooo good. it really really reduces B.O! as for keeping the armpits dry... it doesnt really help. it may reduce the sweat by a little by not much. i really like this because i feel safer without any parabens, its cheap, smells good and works.

on 5/15/2012 1:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have tried to like this deodorant because of its natural qualities, but I just can't. I have tried the pink and the green one and both worked for me for a while, then after a month or so I had horrible body odour. It was disgusting! And this was in the winter, I would have hated to try in the hot summer months. I don't know if my body adjusted to it or something but even re-applying would not help out with the smell! I just want a natural deodorant that works.

I started using these last year and I really loved them at first. I found I didn't actually sweat with these (even if that wasn't their purpose they did help with it) and that I didn't smell. A year later and I find I still don't sweat with these but that I smell! I have never smelt of body odour before but it's almost as if the deodorant is reacting with my body chemistry because within an hour of putting them on I am stinky and as someone who has never had a BO problem before I just find it very strange. So sadly I won't be purchasing these again.

This deodorant works fine for me, but my biggest complaint is that it stings when I put it on. I have the pink one which smells like lemon with a hint of floral.

I don't mind the smell but it didn't do much for my stink. :(

on 3/18/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the yellow one, I actually like this during the winter when I don't sweat too much. I like the feeling that I'm not wearing something so heavy-duty and can wash off at the end of the day easily. I first bought this on a whim on sale but have re-purchased a couple of times because I really like the smell and the feel of it.

on 3/18/2012 10:12:00 AM

Hmmmm, there are a lot of bad reviews on these deodorants. But, these are DEODORANTS not ANTIPERSPIRANTS. They are only supposed to keep away the odor of BO, not prevent sweating. I use deodorants more then antiperspirants because sweating is healthy. Blocking sweat every day is not healthy for your body. I only use antiperspirants once a week, when I have a 6 hour dance practice. Otherwise, I will use this because I like to keep my body healthy. If you sweat a lot, this might not be the best product for you. I dont sweat to much unless my workout is long (E.G. 6 hours) I own the blue and the pink. The pink smells the nicest, but i find the blue one lasts longer. These are a little on the pricey side, but if you're looking for something natural and that will not block you from sweating, its a great product. I do find that the top does fall of of mine sometimes, but otherwise the packaging is great. I find these do what they are meant for and that is block BO, not stop you from sweating.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products