October 24, 2014 | 1866 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Color Sensational Lipstain

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by dessert4dinner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the colours are lovely ( plum flushed) but there is not point in having lovely colour that refuses to come out. it stains beautifully but it is hard to apply and i think after my second day of having it it might just be finished... very worrying. i keep looking for a click to inject some kind moisture into the dry pen, i read somewhere that a child felt tip pen would be better... i agree.

The applicator is too hard and it should be flexible on the lips, its a lovely colour but i thik i could get the same result applying lipstick and just drying it out with tissue.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ElleElleElle

I have this in shy red. Its a nice colour but doesn't last long at all.. you really can't call it a lip stain. I'll use it up but won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by whittneyLei12

This stuff is great! I got it in cherry pop and when I first put it on, I put it on both lips, but the color was way too much for me, so I took it off and did it again. I Put it on my bottom lip then dabbed my lips together and it looked way better than the first time. I also put a clear gloss over it and that made it even prettier. This color is great for my skin tone which is fairly light right now since it is winter. I will be buying this again whenever I run out! Oh and it stayed on for a good 4-5 hours even while eating and drinking:)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by elwoods17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update:Do not buy! This lasted me literally 5 days! Then dried out and I had to throw away. Waste of $.

I may buy this product again. I picked this up at Ulta for half price. It was in the clearance section. I got it in the color Blushing which looks like my lips but bitten and rosy! It almost looks a bit like a wine color stain, which I LOVE. I have olive latina skin and this color looks very natural on me but brightens my whole face up. I mean you can tell I have some color on my lips but nothing obvious. I layer on top my vegan lip balm with olive oil so that may account for it not lasting so long. I apply every 3 hours and I think that is pretty good! I like using the stain instead of a lipstick because it feels less thick on my lips and also lasts longer.
I would suggest this for anyone who is looking for something similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the best lip stains out there. Leaves behing a natural or dramatic flush of color. I bought it half off but i would honestly pay full price and plan on buying another shade like the plum. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Doesn't last at all! I even let it dry a few minutes after applying before I even close my mouth! I can't even drink with a straw without it coming off. The colors are pretty, it smells/tastes good, and application is easy with the pointed tip but it's just not worth it. :/

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Julie356

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

While this isn't expensive as compared to high end or even mid end lipstains, for a drugstore product of this quality, I felt it was way overpriced and would have returned if I had kept the receipt.

As for the product itself, the first time I applied it, it went on uneven and patchy. I also did not enjoy the feeling when it first went onto my lips--it felt like I was coloring my lips with a marker and it left an oddly sticky feeling. Once it dried, it made my lips feel a bit tight and dried out.

I decided to give it a second try, though, and took a bit more time to apply the stain and was initially happier with the results. With a bit more care, the color went on more evenly and was a nice reddish berry tone. However, the stain quickly faded on my lips (within about 30 minutes, having drank a glass of water), leaving only a dark rim around the edge of my lips.

Given its poor lasting power, the feeling while on the lips, and the drying of my lips, I would definitely steer clear of these lipstains.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I have this in Wink of Pink and as much as I love the color, it does not last long at all. I have lipsticks that last much longer. The felt tip goes dry in no time at all and applying to the top lip is almost impossible to get color to come out. As much as I do love the color, I will not re-buy this product. The price is too high for the quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by xjaammiiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product sucked. It didn't feel smooth when applied to my lips... It dries out easily, like those cheap markers you get from the dollar store.
Thank goodness I bought this when it was on sale (50% off), because this product is not worth it at all at its regular price (~$8). Even the ELF lipstains are better than this. I got the one in "Touch of Toffee"- which had a peachy color on the cap. Definitely not true to the color at all- it was DARKER! -_- What a waste! Into the trashcan this lipstain goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For me, this is a good lipstain. My husband does not like to kiss me when I have lipstick, lipgloss, chapstick, etc. on. I purchased this stain in an effort to find something that has good color without the stickiness or transfer of other lip products. This stain has excellent pigment and stays on. I tried the CG brand, and the NYC brand which both dried out quickly for me. This lipstain has lasted me 9 months and is still going. I got this in Touch of Toffee. It wasn't true to color as it was a bit more of a peachy, brown, berry color (I know, not a good description, but don't know how to describe it.) I was expecting more of a nude, but the color still didn't bother me as my complexion has warm undertones, and the stain still did the job. I will most likely be purchasing one of these stains again.